Gamertag release rant

Discus and support Gamertag release rant in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would do anything for an Xbox Exec. or something to explain to me why a gamertag that, after extensive research, has been inactive for over 4-5 years... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nfamous Kingsly, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Gamertag release rant

I would do anything for an Xbox Exec. or something to explain to me why a gamertag that, after extensive research, has been inactive for over 4-5 years without a single friend, upload, or game played with a silver subrscription (or lack thereof), and I am
    sitting here with over a decade of paid service and loyalty wanting this gamertag. I believe by request Xbox Support Experts should be able to have the power to remove them if they meet a certain criteria of "inactive". An amazing gamertag going to waste is
    just so frustrating. I have contacted and checked almost daily to see if it is available for years now. The most aggravating part is that Xbox will likely just SURPRISE release it and it being the awesome tag that it is, some newcomer will snag it and repeat
    the process of not playing for years. Sorry if I sound salty; I have just wanted this gamertag for soooo long. Xbox please help and show me why I chose you in the first place.

:)

Nfamous Kingsly, Oct 10, 2017
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Oh I got something to say

Same here.Been with xbox/xbox live since 2003 & you have never had to pay to transfer your gamertag from one console to another.

Nothing wrong with a rant as long as it a well informed rant.

The op's is not a well informed rant.

Daft Badger, Oct 10, 2017
  3. ash2k83
    ash2k83 Guest
    Why is Kinect no longer needed to play?

Unfortunately I see no need for your rant. They won't be changing this close to release.

I get your point but it's meaningless now.

ash2k83, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Gamertag release rant

Gamertags are used on other services so just because it isn't being used on xbox live does not mean it isn't in use.

If it says it's unavailable then it's unavailable.

If a gamertag does not log in for 5 years then it is freed up.

Being on xbox live for a certain amount of years does not mean you are entitled to a certain gamertag you want.

Daft Badger, Oct 10, 2017
  5. even if the gamertag we want/need still shows unused when we search for it, it does not necessarily mean it's automatically useable . there are millions of gamertag owners/holders. Xbox system follows a filtering process to prevent abuse and keep accounts
    secure .

for example, if a gamertag was already owned recently and was flagged/banned for infractions on Xbox Live Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, that gamertag will not be available for use and may no longer show as in-use . or if someone already took their preferred
    gamertag name and had a change of heart and change it to something else, the same thing will happen. the gamertag will not show as in-use but it cannot be used by someone else as well; the reason for this is to prevent someone from impersonating whoever owned
    that gamertag name previously.

SageWriter55071, Nov 1, 2018
  6. SageWriter55071 Win User

Gamertag release rant

even if the gamertag we want/need still shows unused when we search for it, it does not necessarily mean it's automatically useable . there are millions of gamertag owners/holders. Xbox system follows a filtering process to prevent abuse and keep accounts
    secure .

for example, if a gamertag was already owned recently and was flagged/banned for infractions on Xbox Live Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, that gamertag will not be available for use and may no longer show as in-use . or if someone already took their preferred
    gamertag name and had a change of heart and change it to something else, the same thing will happen. the gamertag will not show as in-use but it cannot be used by someone else as well; the reason for this is to prevent someone from impersonating whoever owned
    that gamertag name previously.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Gamertag release rant

Gamertags are used on other services so just because it isn't being used on xbox live does not mean it isn't in use.

If it says it's unavailable then it's unavailable.

If a gamertag does not log in for 5 years then it is freed up.

Being on xbox live for a certain amount of years does not mean you are entitled to a certain gamertag you want.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Oh I got something to say

Same here.Been with xbox/xbox live since 2003 & you have never had to pay to transfer your gamertag from one console to another.

Nothing wrong with a rant as long as it a well informed rant.

The op's is not a well informed rant.
  9. Noble 29 Win User

game any1?

Random rant, I've never understood why people ask for other people's gamertags on the forums. It's pretty obvious that the huge black card with a gamertag on the top of it in either Gold or Silver lettering is the gamertag of the poster to the right of it.
  10. ash2k83 Win User

Why is Kinect no longer needed to play?

Unfortunately I see no need for your rant. They won't be changing this close to release.

I get your point but it's meaningless now.
Thema:

Gamertag release rant

1. Gamertag release rant - Similar Threads - Gamertag release rant

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  8. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  9. Xbox gamertag replaced

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag replaced: I was recently trying to log in to my microsoft account on my computer. This account was linked to a gamertag that i have been using for that past 6 years or so. However when i ended up logging...
  10. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e