Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account

Discus and support Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi! I have a problem with my gamertag. I have a second account which had the same gamertag as my main one, though there are numbers on my main... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rurappals, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Rurappals
    Rurappals Guest

Hi! I have a problem with my gamertag. I have a second account which had the same gamertag as my main one, though there are numbers on my main account’s gamertag. So, I paid the $10 required to change the gamertag on my second account so the gamertag would be available for my main account. Even though I changed it, the numbers are still here. My username, “”, is supposed to be available without any issues, but it still says “2060”. I would like to know a way to fix this problem, as I refuse to pay $10 twice on my main profile to get my gamertag. Thank you very much.

:)

Rurappals, Feb 3, 2023
  2. DarkDoomTrain Win User

Offline gamertag: cannot signup for new Xbox Live account on Xbox360

I was actually trying to create a new Xbox Live account using my old gamertag, since the old Xbox live account had been purged due to inactivity. I've since spoken to some Microsoft account reps, and they found that my old gamertag is somewhat of an anomaly
    and are working to fix the problem.

I can still play all of my games associated with that gamertag on my Xbox360, but I can't play some of my PC games that use Games for Windows Live and the same gamertag. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it just stinks that my Live account got deleted
    and the old gamertag won't allow me to create a new Live account using that tag.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Get rid of $10 charge to change a Gamertag.

4. Smwutches Win User

It can take some time for the system to fully update and see the tag as being freed up after it's changed. If it gave you the numbers, then the tag was still showing in the system at the time that you made the change. There's no way to remove the numbers without changing your tag again.
  5. Rurappals Win User

You’ve been very helpful :). As a matter of fact, I posted this only a couple of minutes after I changed the gamertag, so it may be that it just needs more time.

Speaking of time, thank you for yours!
  6. SarahClemment Win User

Delete Gamertag from my WIndows ID

The easy solution to all of these problems would be as follows: Xbox team allows windows live ID holder to delete gamertag account completely. Deleting the gamertag should also remove the association with the windows live ID. Remove the 30 day security
    restrictions. And STOP AUTOGENERATING GAMERTAGS!
Thema:

1. Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - Gamertag problems Live

2. Gamertag Problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Problem: I want to change my gamertag to my username in most other games which is "Silverbullet" but when I try to put it in it says it's not allowed and it's not like "Bullet" is not allowed because I...
  3. I've got a problem with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've got a problem with my Gamertag: I wanted to change my gamertag when I paid for it, It still shows my old one I tried to hard reset my xbox but I still see the old gamertag. Can anyone help me out here?...
  4. Problem when changing gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem when changing gamertag: I paid for a gamertag change over a month ago but my old one is still visible in-game and on the Xbox app. Is there an option I missed ? c89e6531-ccf8-4f0c-a9ba-40fd657eab21
  5. Gamertag problem.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag problem.: [img] hello, i have two questions. my first question is two same gamertags are used. how is this possible. My second question is there are gamertags that start with a number. Why can't I use it?...
  6. gamertag country problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag country problems: i am trying to buy a new gamertag and when i go to the billing address menu i cannot change the address to my country it is stuck on the united states (where i DONT live) if you know how to fix...
  7. Weird two Gamertag problem.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Weird two Gamertag problem.: Hello all, Hoping someone here can help. I've tried the xbox support guys on twitter to no avail. My grand daughter whilst playing my xbox changed my gamer tag (yeah game is locked down now!)...
  8. Xbox live account gamertag problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox live account gamertag problem: I recently changed my gamertag an now I have two gamertags on my profile I contacted Microsoft an they said it was the Xbox insider program that is causing me to have 2 gamertags showing please...
  9. Xbox Live gamertag change payment problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live gamertag change payment problem: Hello! My problem is that I am unable to change my Xbox Live gamertag on account.xbox.com. I get the following error code when I try to pay with my registered credit hard which I have used...
  10. Xbox Live gamertag change payment problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live gamertag change payment problem: Hello! My problem is that I am unable to change my Xbox Live gamertag on account.xbox.com. I get the following error code when I try to pay with my registered credit hard which I have used...