Gamertag password not being recognized... please help (Xbox One)

Discus and support Gamertag password not being recognized... please help (Xbox One) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently I decided to change my alias on my microsoft account to an email address that is actually still mine. ( had not used the old one for 5... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vesven, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Vesven
    Vesven Guest

So recently I decided to change my alias on my microsoft account to an email address that is actually still mine. ( had not used the old one for 5 years or so)

Trouble is after doing this and tryig to sign in I am prompted to give my password for my GT which I have NEVER done before.

After talking to a customer support rep about it he figured out that it's probably because my proofs need to be updated.

Long story short, i deleted my old alias which was my old email, and added a new one which i verified. (I had to create a new email for this)

Still prompting me to enter my GT password and saying it's incorrect even after changing my password on my MS account. I can log into all my other accounts just not my xbox One.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

Anyone else going through this?

Any tips?

I am currently using my 360 to try and change the email on there since there is no option to do so on my xbox one.

Thisproblem has been ongoing for about four days now.

PLEASEHELP.

:)

Vesven, Jan 3, 2014
  2. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Error 0x803f800e (Can't Play Gamepass Games)

Hey Marcus,

Sorry to hear about your Gamepass. It could be your subscription is not being recognized. If this is the case, we want you to Remove
    and Add
    your account. Make sure you know your credentials (email and password) before removing the account.

XBF Lance J, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Xbox live membership

Need help figuring out why my xbox live gold membership is not being recognized?

ThatboyManning, Jan 3, 2014
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

xbox live gold

Hello Osny_,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning an inability to utilize your Xbox Live membership on your Xbox One console as your Xbox Live subscription is not being recognized.

Our recommendation here, please attempt to remove and then add your profile onto your Xbox One
    console.

Doing this should allow you to restart what the console is or isn't recognizing on your account.

Try this for us and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Son's gamertag disappeared

The only way a gamertag would disappear from a console is if someone went in and removed it from the console by either requesting to have it individually removed or by doing a console factory reset, if the factory reset was done then you probably would have
    noticed because you would have had to put ALL of the accounts back onto the console.

With that being said do you notice any new gamertags that you do not recognize on the console. If so this may be your sons account and either he chose to change his gamertag OR their may have been a complaint about the gamertag he had and the enforcement
    team forcefully changed the gamertag that he had to a new one.

If there is not a new gamertag that you do not recognize on the console and you know the email and password for your sons account then you can just sign back in with the email and password for his account.
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

Error 0x803f800e (Can't Play Gamepass Games)

Hey Marcus,

Sorry to hear about your Gamepass. It could be your subscription is not being recognized. If this is the case, we want you to Remove
    and Add
    your account. Make sure you know your credentials (email and password) before removing the account.
  7. ROBOT TIGER 1 Win User

XBOX Live Whole Household Membership

It is still not recognizing my Gamertag on our XBOX One system as part of the Family to allow me online activities without the main Gamertag on the account first signing in. If the main Gamertag isnt signed in, then it is trying to get me to purchase a
    XBOX Live Membership. Any assistance please ???
  8. CitingChimp694 Win User

Xbox asking me for my profiles Microsoft account password to sign in

See I was thinking that was the issue too Fire58 but its the same exact email I used when I first started live, its the only email I ever use also being a college student. Being on this site I have the same email as used on xboxlive but for some damn reason
    it no longer recognizes it as a valid account password. For HAILOFSTEEl, my password works for my microsoft account, for example this site requires my account and password. But for some reason when I turn on my xbox it does not recognize my email or password
    to be valid. How *** weird is that. TO be on this SITE I have to be logged in through my microsoft account, so it definitely recognizes everything being fine on my computer. Its just so weird. Im in a conundrum. How can it be possible for my account to work
    on my computer but not my xbox. I can physically go online on my comp. into my gamertag account and see all my friends online and what they are playing, but when I switch to my xbox its a whole different story.
Thema:

1. Gamertag password not being recognized... please help (Xbox One) - Similar Threads - Gamertag password being

2. i forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at...: I forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at xbox support and the ai 46416929-4ee4-4f7b-bc91-43c6557f6de8
  3. Can I log in with just my gamertag and password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I log in with just my gamertag and password?: I can’t log into my xbox account, I know my gamertag and my password. Just not my email. Is there any way i can find it out? I use it on Minecraft only and I’m currently signed in on one device,...
  4. Forgot My Email, still remembers my GamerTag and Password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgot My Email, still remembers my GamerTag and Password: Forgot My Email, still remembers my GamerTag and Password. Anyway to recover it? Iav tried the recovery methods linked in the other threads but none are helpful....
  5. I know my username(gamertag) and password for my account but I forgot which email I used....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username(gamertag) and password for my account but I forgot which email I used....: I know my username(gamertag) and password for my account but I forgot which email I used. Is it possible to recover the email address based of the gamertag? c9218ef8-f2b5-4e50-9888-cd601623f8cd
  6. Remember Gamertag for Xbox but forgot email and password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remember Gamertag for Xbox but forgot email and password: Hello there, so a few years ago I made a new account on Minecraft with the gamertag “CantonHK”. This account was my main used for playing Minecraft with friends and etc. The previous year,...
  7. I wan to know if i can get the forgotten password and email to my old gamertag which i have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wan to know if i can get the forgotten password and email to my old gamertag which i have...: I wanted to get a gamertag for my xbox which I always use come to find out there was one already made so i wanted to knew that person only again to find out that person it me. I know this because...
  8. I don’t remember my email or password but remember my gamertag also don’t have access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don’t remember my email or password but remember my gamertag also don’t have access to...: I’m in need of some help it’s driving me crazy I have an account I can’t remember jack sqaut of the information except the gamertag and my personal information (like my birthdate, Name, etc) but...
  9. How does one get an account back that had the email, gamertag, phone number and password...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does one get an account back that had the email, gamertag, phone number and password...: I sold my Xbox back in spring of 2022 and I left my game pass on the Xbox because I wasn’t going to use it either way and I told the person that bought it that it was going to end come October the...
  10. Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free: This is a bug report on gamertag change without authorization. My first years old changed my 10+ year single word gamertag, without knowing my password or pin, and with limited reading...