Gamertag Original Owner with Suffix

Discus and support Gamertag Original Owner with Suffix in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I moved my main gamertag name on my new fresh account, this fresh accound included suffix but when I log into my other main account to change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan_410, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ryan_410
    Ryan_410 Guest

Hello,

I moved my main gamertag name on my new fresh account, this fresh accound included suffix but when I log into my other main account to change the GT to move onto this new fresh one... the gamertag itself updated but the suffix still remain when viewing on
    Xbox app and assuming Xbox One/Series I don't own them yet.

It's been past 48hrs since my GT change and the suffix has not updated and been removed to recognise i am the original owner of this name. Will it update or did Xbox screw me and have to pay twice to change it back and hopefully not have a suffix. Cheers

:)

Ryan_410, Nov 21, 2020
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Suffix in my gamertag

The numbering suffix is used to differentiate gamertags. A change to the gamertag system last year enabled users to have similar gamertags to other, existing players, but to distinguish them from the original one, a numeric suffix is used. If you wish
    to change your gamertag, there is a charge of US$9.95 (or local equivalent) to do so.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag refresh(thought it was every 5 years of inactivity…)

No. The suffix doesn't automatically drop off if the original tag frees up because it's already part of the gamertag.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag

With the updated gamertag policy, you can still use it even though someone else has it, but you will be given a suffix to differentiate you from the original owner. Otherwise, as long as the tag is in use on the system, you cannot use the tag. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services, so even if it is not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use elsewhere.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Inactive gamertag

You can use it, but you'll be given a suffix to differentiate you from the original owner. Otherwise, the original owner would have to change it to something else or if they don't sign into their Xbox account for 5 years, the tag will be freed up for use. There's no way to know exactly how inactive an account is as they may be using it elsewhere on Microsoft's services.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Gamertag transfer

I apologize but there is no number that we can call.

But in regards to your case, the reason why there is a suffix is due to the Gamertag already taken and if you own the original Gamertag, the workaround of using it on your new Microsoft account without suffix is if you will change it into something else first.
Thema:

1. Gamertag Original Owner with Suffix - Similar Threads - Gamertag Original Owner

2. Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.: Im trying to use a gamertag and the suffix implies the tag isnt original but after much searching Im unable to find the account the currently owns the gamertag 593e7511-59d2-4685-8cdb-8af7a47e54f8
  3. Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one?: I tried to change my gamertag to Vryrt. I paid for it and everything, but it did not change my gamertag, it just added some third name under my gamertag on my gamercard. I did not want to add a...
  4. I changed my gamertag to Chrisツ it was originally WhiteFox3211 but when I logged into...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag to Chrisツ it was originally WhiteFox3211 but when I logged into...: I tried restarting my Xbox but It did not work and I unistall Fortnite and that did not work eathier. d99f2451-26b7-4589-8ce3-e150dfa2681a
  5. Is there anyway to get my original gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to get my original gamertag?: I recently wanted to change my gamer tag to my original, but I had an older account on an Xbox 360 that already had the name. I forgot about the account when I got my series S and didn’t sign into...
  6. If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...: Hello. I was wondering if you had to pay the $10 fee to change your gamertag back to the original one that I started with. Please let me know if you have an answer....
  7. How to change gamertag from a duplicate to the original on all Xbox platforms?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change gamertag from a duplicate to the original on all Xbox platforms?: I want to change my gamertag on my main account from a duplicate to the original after it became available since I changed the gamertag which had the original gamertag on my other account that had...
  8. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  9. Gamertag origin date?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag origin date?: We know later in the year Xbox will celebrate 20 years. Live came out a year later in 2002. What I want to know is how do we find out the date we created our gamertag for the original xbox when...
  10. How do I Link EA/Origin to Gamertag If I Dont play on Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I Link EA/Origin to Gamertag If I Dont play on Xbox One: Hi, How do I Link my EA/Origin to Gamertag if I Don't play on Xbox One? Does this have to be performed by an EA support tech? Can I do this through Xbox.com? I found this on EA Help....