Gamertag not changed but payment still went through. Refund Denied

Discus and support Gamertag not changed but payment still went through. Refund Denied in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Yesterday I made the purchase to change my gamertag and after the payment pop up on my xbox, the gamertag page loaded back in and said there was an... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by TheRetroSet, Jun 23, 2021.

1. TheRetroSet
    TheRetroSet Guest

Yesterday I made the purchase to change my gamertag and after the payment pop up on my xbox, the gamertag page loaded back in and said there was an error to changing my name. After looking at my bank account and seeing no charge yet, I figured that Xbox denied the purchase due to the glitch. I wake up today with a charge for the gamertag but my tag didn't change so figuring I could get a refund for the glitch, I went to the refund page requested the refund and started working on other things. In less then an hour I get an email saying my support case was closed and I was denied the refund for the time its been since the purchase. Its been less then a day and It said in the refund page that it was refundable. Im pissed and Any time I got to the contact us page, it says that refunds are not something you can call for. Anyone have any advice or solution to this? Ideally I wanted a refund but obviously Microsoft decided its not their fault their software glitched out

:)

TheRetroSet, Jun 23, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @TheRetroSet!

With issues like these, I'd recommend checking your gamertag online just to make sure if the change went through or not. However, regarding the refund part, unfortunately only the refund department can help you with this process. The only way you can contact them is by replying to the email that you received telling you that you are not eligible for the refund.
  3. RoB. Win User

Constant Error: 80190843

To add aswell, i bought item from avatar store with card on the payment options which is same as what im trying to change gamertag with, and went through without a problem.
  4. James S_23 Win User

My daughter gets error code fUo+9H2DQpWVdv7GUeQEhe.10 when she tries to change her gamertag.

Note: It wouldn't allow us to use the money I put on her account but the change went through when I changed the payment for the gamertag change to the cc. So essentially I gave Microsoft money that we now can't use and paid for a gamertag change that should be free, at least for the first time.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Charged for GT change, but no change made.

Hey RageFace247!

If you were charged for a Gamertag, but no change went through, the best route to take is to reach out to our phone support team through our
    Contact Us page for billing support. If the Gamertag change didn't go through, one of the solutions may need to result in a refund.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

PUBG Refund? They are denying me and this game runs like absolute trash on my Xbox one.

Hey there Beast,

I do apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately as the Refunds policy did change the only option you would have would be to go through the

Refund Request Form
    . Once you have gone through this of course, If you are being denied the refund then my only other suggestion would be to reach out to
    Xbox Customer Support Team so that you can get this issue looked at.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Gamertag not changed but payment still went through. Refund Denied - Similar Threads - Gamertag changed payment

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Gamertag hasn't changed within 48h of payment

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag hasn't changed within 48h of payment: I recently changed my Xbox gamertag using PayPal and it hasn't changed yet. I am looking at it through the Xbox companion app. I wonder when it will be changed because there has been charged for...
  10. How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?: Hey all, Hope you're doing great! I'm trying to change my Gamertag, so it doesn't have the numbers appended to it (something that wasn't well explained when I first changed it for free). I have...