Gamertag - loads of extra digits at end

Discus and support Gamertag - loads of extra digits at end in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I just changed my gamertag and it said it was available without any extra digits, however, when I changed it, it seems to add a load of digits at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Miniomi, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Miniomi
    Miniomi Guest

Hi,

I just changed my gamertag and it said it was available without any extra digits, however, when I changed it, it seems to add a load of digits at the end of this and I can't seem to remove it, why is this?

:)

Miniomi, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If you got the suffix then either the tag is in use somewhere on Microsoft's servers or you used special characters.
  3. lighthouseman-9A5BCC Win User

Dying Light release

I believe this was a marketing ploy to rip people off. Delay the disk and rip off people an extra tenner for digital down load. Which should be cheaper , there are no disk costs , packaging , distribution costs and a retailer profit.

DO NOT BUY DIGITAL DOWN LOADS !
  4. HairyLoveSpuds Win User

Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper

I don't know how many times i said that on various threads, way before the X1 was released.

-

What you need are an Amazon, Play.com, Origin, and any other retailer app on the X1, with the facility of all of these to offer Digital Download to your X1 from their servers.

-

This would then initiate, a price competition situation for digital game downloads, and specific digital retailers could offer different release day bonuses. You could then compare all of these prices, while you are looking at the Microsoft store, and see
    which is the cheapest, or which is offering the best add-ons or extras.

-

It would smash the market wide open, and help the consumer out no end, with loads more extra choice.
  5. blinkerty blink Win User

Day One Edition Games

If it is anything like on PC. Any digital download pre order bonuses will come in an email. Probably the one linked to your xbox live gamertag, and can be typed in as a redeem code. that would be my best bet for digital extras
  6. FullHornet Win User

Entered sunset overdrive download code but game won't install

I feel your pain. The game installed but I bought the deluxe edition and the extra content is either inaccessible or just not there to begin with. This is becoming a trend with digital download pre loads and it is getting old.
Thema:

1. Gamertag - loads of extra digits at end - Similar Threads - Gamertag loads extra

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I changed my xbox gamertag, and when i loaded into Fortnite all my progress is gone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my xbox gamertag, and when i loaded into Fortnite all my progress is gone...: I recently changed my gamertag on xbox and now all my progress on Fortnite seems to be gone. Is this a quick problem that epic games can fix if i contact them or is it gone permanently?...
  4. Gamertag change page only loading background and nothing else.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change page only loading background and nothing else.: As the title says, when navigating to the page to change my gamertag it loads the background of the page and nothing more. URL: https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag I have tried this on...
  5. Xbox won't load menu I keep getting a black screen after it does the hello (input gamertag)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't load menu I keep getting a black screen after it does the hello (input gamertag)...: Xbox won't load menu I get the green loading screen and then it does the (hello (input name) prompt but after that it's just a black screen does anyone know what I can do to get this fixed...
  6. MW2 won’t load for my gamertag but will for another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW2 won’t load for my gamertag but will for another: I try and load MW2 but it dashboards to the homescreen but if I use a different gamertag it works 7a4d8a1b-9f11-4d81-bb3c-ca1692c393a3
  7. Fallout 4 won't load - purported Gamertag issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 won't load - purported Gamertag issue: Hi all, Have been playing Fallout 4 on this particular XBOX One since the date of release. All of a sudden (after a couple of months not playing XBOX at all) I cannot get to the main menu after...
  8. Gamertag doesnt show up on leaderboards and enforcemnt united wont load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag doesnt show up on leaderboards and enforcemnt united wont load: Hey! I don't know if this the right spot to post this since I couldn't find just a Ambassador forum. If this isn't the right spot please tell me. Anyways! My Gamertag doesn't show up on the Xbox...
  9. Windows 10 Gamertag Change page doesn't load properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Gamertag Change page doesn't load properly.: Long story short, I'm trying to change my gamertag via Windows 10 (since I don't actually own an Xbox), but whenever I try to claim my new gamertag and pay for it, it just never finishes loading...
  10. How to load newly chosen & accepted GamerTag from XBox into the XBox Win 10 App.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to load newly chosen & accepted GamerTag from XBox into the XBox Win 10 App.: New XBox One purchased. Signed in with my Microsoft account during initial startup. Given a random Gamertag, which I requested to change to my own choice. New Gamertag requested was available....