Gamertag issues

Discus and support Gamertag issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag on Xbox from Translucient566 to TekKnight1472 (or whatever it gave me as the #) and TekKnight as the in-game gamertag, however... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lucien P., Mar 21, 2023.

1. Lucien P.
    Lucien P. Guest

Gamertag issues

I changed my gamertag on Xbox from Translucient566 to TekKnight1472 (or whatever it gave me as the #) and TekKnight as the in-game gamertag, however when I paid for everything, nothing happened. I tried restarting, turning it off and back on again, trying to change it to the same thing again (now it says that it’s either taken or isn’t allowed) and even tried removing my account from the console and adding it back and nothing worked. I checked my bank account and on Microsoft payments and it went through but I got nothing. Is there anything I can do?

:)

Lucien P., Mar 21, 2023
  2. Danno McK. Win User

GAMERTAG ISSUES

There's a sticky post in this forum that explains that spacing and capitalization don't matter.

I can't change my Gamertag (GT).

Just because you can't friend request a GT doesn't mean it is available. First of all, all GT are tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. Also, spaces and capitalization
    are not considered when looking for available GTs. For example, "Major Nelson" is the same as "MajorNelson" is the same as "MaJoR nElSoN". Basically if the service says the GT isn't available, it isn't available.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/19165.aspx#gt
  3. Impetus Ryan Win User

GAMERTAG ISSUES

So because he has A N D E R S O N i cant have AndersoN ? its a completely different gamertag... im confused lol
  4. Danno McK. Win User

GAMERTAG ISSUES

[quote user="AnderzoN AK"]Hey, my name is Ryan Anderson and at the moment my gamertag is : AnderzoN AK , i wanted to change it to AndersoN. So i went ahead and added AndersoN to see if it was taken, and it said it wasnt a valid gamertag, so i carried on,
    went to change gamertag, entered AndersoN , and it said that this gamertag is already in use???[/quote]

Failure to "add" tells you little. You can always try editing a Profile link with all the different spacing variants... Meet
    A N D E R S O N.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=A n d e r s o N
  5. xbox360italy Win User

GamerTag issue

If you get this message and error code, it means the download attempt failed, but the problem might be temporary.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/errors/error-code-80070020

Solutions

Solution 1: Restart your Xbox 360 console and download your profile again

First, restart your console. Then, try to download your profile again. Here’s how:

Download your Xbox LIVE profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.

[table][tr][td][​IMG] [/td][/tr][/table]

1. Select Download Profile.
      Note If you don’t see Download Profile, it probably means you’re signed in to your profile. Press
      X to sign out.
    2. Enter the Windows Live ID that’s associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If you don’t know your Windows Live ID or password,

see Manage your Windows Live ID

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, you have to use the parent’s Windows Live ID to download the profile.
    3. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. When the download is complete, you can choose whether to require a Windows Live ID password to sign in to your profile.
    Remember Password option
    [table][tr][td][​IMG] [/td][/tr][/table]

The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Windows Live ID password when you sign in to your Xbox LIVE profile. Leave
    Remember Password unchecked if you want to be prompted for your Windows Live ID password when you sign in to your profile on this console.
    You should now be able sign in to this console using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

Solution 2: Contact Xbox Support

If the previous solution didn’t solve the problem, contact
    Xbox Support
  6. Swift Hen 74 Win User

Gamertag issue...

Call the Xbox Support number, IF your gamertag has personal identifiable info in it they will put a force GT change on the account
Thema:

Gamertag issues

1. Gamertag issues - Similar Threads - Gamertag issues

2. Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC: My kid has a Minecraft Gamer Tag on PS5. But, when we set up their Minecraft on PC it made us make them a new gamertag. Now they don’t have access to any of their owned stuff. How do I fix this?...
  3. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: Hello Microsoft community, recently i did accidentally changed my gamertag NotNT77 to NotXiko001 and i did it accidentally, and i play on a minecraft server and a staff had that like gamertag...
  4. Invalid Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Invalid Gamertag issue: I'm trying to change my Hotmail password and it's asking me for my xbox gamertag. It is telling me my gamertag is invalid. It is NOT invalid as I've had it forever and used Xbox just last week....
  5. Gamertag and Microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag and Microsoft account issue: I haven't played Xbox for some years but want to get back to playing it again. I have logged into Xbox with my Microsoft account but somehow my Microsoft account is associated with my sons...
  6. Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue: Hi, some time ago I deleted a microsoft e-mail account that I used to save a gamertag in case I wanted to go back to it, now that I want to do so, and that particular microsoft account that had...
  7. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: Hello there, My name is Mitch and I just paid to change my gamertag. I changed it to Iceman360 as it was available. The odd thing is when I search up my name, there is another account with the...
  8. GamerTag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamerTag issue: It says username available but it’s not letting me continue the process. c338b4d4-f7f9-4a31-872a-d454acf67f21
  9. xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money): i changed my xbox tag recently from eqlyxy to "" however this was a week ago and for all games it still shows up as "eqlyxy" im conserned as ive paid money so can you fix this issue???? before...
  10. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Issue: So, I made my Xbox account when I bought Forza Horizon 4 via Steam and created my username via Forza Horizon 4 ran through Steam. I made my gamertag as "", but somehow after I submitted, it...