Gamertag free change was wasted

Discus and support Gamertag free change was wasted in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my generic gamertag into my own unique one. It showed availability but in reality my gamertag was changed into an unintended one. I used ""... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hayz3, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Hayz3
    Hayz3 Guest

I changed my generic gamertag into my own unique one. It showed availability but in reality my gamertag was changed into an unintended one. I used "" which showed that it would have a number on it like "#9122" but instead it is showed as 9122. This is not what I chose and now I have to pay 10€ for nothing. Practically, the free change was wasted.
    If I don't get another free change I am seriously not using xbox platform ever again.

:)

Hayz3, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Unfortunately everyone gets one free change and the numbers were added because the gamertag you chose wasn’t available. Sadly there isn’t a way to get another free change. Subsequent changes will attract a fee.

Hope this helps.
  3. ngocphi Win User

The hashtag is because not all games support symbols

But on your dashboard it does

All names are available.but the hashtag is shown on what you receive

When you search for a name you must use the exact combination of spaces and caps
  4. Billifier Win User

My gamertag was forcibly changed and now I have to pay for a new one.

If your gamertag is forcibly changed you should get a free gamertag change. I didn't waste $10 to have my gamertag removed.
  5. Erencrypt Win User

xbox gamertag

i was trying on pc and i used same link that you refer. i don't want to waste time so i paid and changed my gamertag, but it's unfair that i dont get my first change free.
  6. Sword Style Win User

Gamers asking to be reported?

These people aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. They mistakenly believe that if someone reports their gamertag as offensive, they will get a free gamertag change, instead of having to pay 800 microsoft points. What they fail to comprehend is, an actual
    person looks in to these reports. It's not some automated machine that hands out free tag changes. So if your tag is CuddlyBunny. The person who investigates the claim won't find that offensive, and will likely just be annoyed at the waste of their time.
Thema:

1. Gamertag free change was wasted - Similar Threads - Gamertag free change

2. Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...: Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose it coz I've just only brought this account 4255addd-2661-4f2e-88ce-8eed063fdf7f
  3. free gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    free gamertag change: I was told that i Can change my gamertag first time for free. I Haven't ever changed my GT, and I either cant find the option to change it free, or i Don't get one. Please help, thank you,” we...
  4. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  5. How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free: My brother changed my gamertag to something cringy on Xbox, and I can't get it back to the old gamertag, what do I do? My old one was Itspapersteve. b1164177-dfcc-4770-b03e-61aebfac6528
  6. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  7. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  8. If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...: Hello. I was wondering if you had to pay the $10 fee to change your gamertag back to the original one that I started with. Please let me know if you have an answer....
  9. Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?: So i wanted to change my Xbox Gamertag and i looked it up and many people are saying i can Change it for Free for the First time, i never Changed my Gamertag since i Created the Account but it...
  10. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282