Gamertag Enforcement

Discus and support Gamertag Enforcement in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just had my gamertag enforced due to it being "drug related" despite that not being the case, and also having had the gamertag for 8 years.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cokaigne, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Cokaigne
    Cokaigne Guest

Gamertag Enforcement

I have just had my gamertag enforced due to it being "drug related" despite that not being the case, and also having had the gamertag for 8 years. Whilst I disagree with the enforcement, I understand the system is Microsoft's and it is up to them how they
    do things.

The part which is really annoying me is that my gamertag is changed to something without my having *any* say and I am apparently supposed to PAY to change it? I pay you every year for this service, and I think a 1-time moderated gamertag change after enforcement
    is not too much to ask. I understand this used to be the case, but people abused the system - so instead of properly moderating the system, you removed the 1-time change after enforcement. What a terrible solution.

Also, this means if your enforcement team had found fault with my gamertag 8 years ago when I created it, I could have changed it for free. I would like a free one-time change of my gamertag please.

:)

Cokaigne, Oct 10, 2017
  2. Does anyone have a problem with my Gamertag?

Just curious if the gametag MyKneeGrows82 offends anyone and why? i have been a loyal x-box player for over a decade, and suddenly after thousands of people seeing my gamertag, and not having a problem with it, enforcement changes my gamertag, which by the way does not include any of the things that they say it shouldn't, so am i being singled out as an example? i don't see how showing proudly my race in my gamertag is a problem. Any thoughts on whether or not this should be possible for enforcement to do when the gamertag is in violation of none of the requirements of the enforcement&policies agreement whatsoever.

Mykneegrows82, Oct 10, 2017
  3. TcT Sid
    TcT Sid Guest
    Xbox One reputation system is built to make trolls play with trolls

Im on this, so far only been reviewing gamertags though. Hopefully it gets more interesting :smashin: :smashin:

TcT Sid, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Gamertag Enforcement

Not going to happen.

As per the ToU/CoC you agreed to if you receive a forced gamertag change then you are given a random gamertag for free.

If you want to change that gamertag then you have to pay.It's the same for everyone.

The filter can not catch every tag that violates the rules when they are created & considering there are over 55 million xbox accounts the enforcement team can't check every individual one.

The reason it took so long to catch yours is that it has only now just been reported.

You can try filing for a case review on the enforcement site here

Daft Badger, Oct 10, 2017
  5. Cokaigne
    Cokaigne Guest
    Yeah but it wasn't the same before the policy was changed. It seems pretty poor that MS cannot police a one-time gamertag change for those enforced.

And the whole "ToU/CoC" thing is a complete white-wash companies use to back us into corners; they are unenforceable and not a proper contract. Of course I could stop using the service - one I am obviously committed to having spent money to stay a member
    for over 7 years, MS wouldn't care if my money stopped coming in - I have literally no foot to stand on - which is why we try asking for help on the forums.

And yes, that's right 55 million accounts all paying their Live fees. The idea of being able to police a niche service is hardly going to break the bank is it? It's not like I have had a new account every month or change my gamertag every 2 mins - not much
    to check into or "police" - I've been a loyal member of Live, but I still get treated with the **** end of the stick.

Mainly I'm annoyed that I don't get ANY say in the gamertag I am given in this situation. Not even a one time change that an enforcement member could check (like they checked my original gamertag, must take a few seconds per tag) to see if I am taking the
    piss (which is apparently what killed the free gamertag change after enforcement in the first place). Add to this the fact I would have gotten a free tag if I "got a friend to complain" a few years ago - it stinks.

It just seems like MS have swept this under the rug and don't care about the people who aren't taking the piss, and who are keeping their service alive.

Cokaigne, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    When the ToU/CoC was changed you had to agree to it.

It's a legally binding set of rules you've agreed to follow & that you would receive the punishment set out if you didn't.

I've been on xbox live since it began,doesn't mean I should have any special treatment if i'm caught breaking the rules.

The rules clearly state that you will be given a random gamertag for free & you do not get to pick that gamertag.If you don't agree to that then why agree to the ToU/CoC & why pick a gamertag that violates the ToU/CoC?

Daft Badger, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Cokaigne
    Cokaigne Guest
    Yes, I had no choice but to agree if I wanted to continue using the service - a one-sided "agreement" really. Sure, I could stop using the service, but I am a huge fan of Xbox et al, and am unlikely to do so. On a side note, not many people read those ToC/CoC
    you know - which makes them dubious at best. Anyway this is a side point.

My main gripe is that I don't think it is special treatment to want the same as people in the my situation got, just a few years before on exactly the same service. My point is I think it is a very poor service choice from MS to stop giving a "single, once
    per lifetime of account free gamertag change" if their gamertag is enforced. I did not "pick a gamertag that violates the ToU/CoC" on purpose! As I stated earlier I disagree with the ruling, but I wasn't fighting that issue - I fully understand the reasons
    that has happened. I disagree, and have appealed, and had that turned down.

I am not fighting that (I can disagree but still go along with it...) I am annoyed I then get a gamertag I hate with no way of changing bar paying. It feels like a switch and bait style taxation which DID NOT USED TO BE THE CASE. I am lamenting the fact
    that a company the size of MS has had to stop doing the right thing. It sucks. Yes I could walk away ec, but that is not a realistic vision when I have invested 8 years of gaming life into that account (and paid for the privilege the whole time!). So it really
    feel like MS have stuck two fingers up at me and told me to suck it. Not nice. And to be honest your replies haven't helped. Gamertag Enforcement :)

Cokaigne, Oct 14, 2017
  8. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Gamertag Enforcement

If someone doesn't read the ToU/CoC then that's their fault.

It's the same as anything that has some sort of terms or conditions.If a company has asked you to sign something you have agreed to & you can't be bothered to read what you've signed up for then there's no one to blame but yourself if it all goes wrong.

You still get a once per lifetime free name change.You used yours already.

If people hadn't abused the system then you would still be able to pick a new tag for free if you receive a forced name change.

They are the ones you should be blaming & the ones you should be mad at but then again none of this would of happened if you hadn't picked a gamertag that broke the rules.

You are entitled to your opinion which is fine but at the end of the day you broke the rules you agreed to follow.

The only help that would be acceptable by you is getting to change your tag for free which is not going to happen.

This is the same for everyone,no matter how many years they have been with xbox.

Daft Badger, Oct 14, 2017
  9. Cokaigne
    Cokaigne Guest
    When did I get my free name change? This is EXACTLY what I am complaining about! I have to pay if I want to change the gamertag I have been given that replaces the one I have had since I started on Xbox Live.

It is not the same for everybody! This is also part of my complaint.

Please, if you are unwilling or unable to parse my comments please stop replying. So far all you have done is take the corporate, compassion-free option of RULES IS RULES. I understand the rules; I am here to discuss them, try and get them changed slightly
    so they are less annoying and soul-less, and more fitting for a company whose hardware I really enjoy and have supported since the first Xbox.

Cokaigne, Oct 16, 2017
  10. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    When you started your account you chose a personal gamertag.That was your one free name change.

It is the same for everyone.

Everyone gets one free name change,anyone who is issued a forced name change is given a random tag for free.If they want to change it then you have to pay.

They are not going to change that due to the abuse it got when you could pick a tag for free if you had a fnc.

You broke the rules & are now moaning because you got punished.Take responsibility for your actions.

You keep going on about how long you've been with xbox like you should get some special treatment,sorry,doesn't work like that.

The rules are exactly the same whether you've been with xbox for 15 days or 15 years.

I shall reply to any post I want or do you just want people replying who agree with you?

Daft Badger, Oct 16, 2017
  11. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    when you first started on Xbox live

ngocphi, Oct 16, 2017
  12. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest
    I am curious about something. How is the gamertag that was force changed
    NOT
    a direct drug reference?

Saying that it was not when it clearly was does not change the facts.

An Old Freak, Nov 1, 2018
  13. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Enforcement / gamertag

You're result for an enforcement action was against policy. In all the reasons and links and information stated initially. It doesn't change the outcome you received and it doesn't change those facts.

You're continued responses have been towards me the last couple of days are derogatory and contemptuous. And are the definition of libel, defamation and slander. And have had nothing to do with your enforcement action against your account.
  14. VividFawn880645 Win User

Enforcement / gamertag

You're result for an enforcement action was against policy. In all the reasons and links and information stated initially. It doesn't change the outcome you received and it doesn't change those facts.

You're continued responses have been towards me the last couple of days are derogatory and contemptuous. And are the definition of libel, defamation and slander. And have had nothing to do with your enforcement action against your account.
    please enlighten me as to what was derogatory and contemptuous? You said what you believed to be true, I disagreed. If you truly feel harassed, then please report this to enforcement. Maybe at the time they review this forum they can see all the allegations
    you made about me. My last few responses are in direct response to your allegations as well as my personal experience with Xbox. At no time have I insulted or attacked you. My only issue is with the allegations and the accuracy of your information and how
    you claim to know more about Microsoft poilicies and procedures then they do. These forums are for discussion but you must go in with an open mind. I heard what you had to say, and I disagree and had a different experience. I heard your side but you seem to
    refuse to acknowledge mine.
  15. VividFawn880645 Win User

Enforcement / gamertag

I’m sorry but this is way too funny.

Libel, defamation, or slander. -lol. I won’t report you though, because according to the enforcement, all I need is to be offended.

But anyways, my comment is for you, and they have been repeated. You kept providing info on what support can and cannot do, but they proved otherwise. Clearly you don’t know their policies and procedures, and for other people who are having issues, I urge
    them to be persistent if they truly have been wronged. People and companies make mistakes, and they can fix them if they are not brought to their attention.

And I still believe you are an employee.

"You kept providing info on what support can and cannot do, but they proved otherwise."

- Yes, Xbox Support did otherwise, it does not mean is was the correct action.

"Clearly you don’t know their policies and procedures, and for other people who are having issues"

- Here you are going back to opinion and conjecture.

- Since you don't know them or have a basis in the facts of the matter all you can offer is your opinion.

- I have and will continue to provide factual information with links as available. Anything contrary to that is against the policies here in the forums.

"People and companies make mistakes"

- Yes, Xbox Support should not have provided you with additional support for an issue that is not within their control

"And I still believe you are an employee."

- You're beliefs are just that, yours to have.

You're reply has nothing more to do with your Xbox Enforcement issue of your Forced gamer tag change due to a violation of the code of conduct.

If you have something help others with here on the forums, please do.
    Either way, long story short. I got what I wanted and you are wrong, on so many levels. Please stop contributing false information on peoples forums.
  16. VividFawn880645 Win User

Enforcement / gamertag

I thought you were done? Either way you act once again as if you are an Xbox employee pretending to be average joe on these forums. You truly believe you have all the “true” answers but yet the actual company does and says different things then you are,
    which was already covered in this thread. Also sounds like you are threatening to report me, but unfortunately you made an assumption without knowing the full story. You don’t known if I received a refund or if they didn’t something else to make it even.
    No policy has been broken. However false reporting can result in enforcement against the accuser.

When you contact Xbox Support you're bound to get different answers from different agents. I see it happen too often. And what they do as compared to what the should or should not do is something that I was trying to educate you on or about these issues.

I see that you jump to conclusions throughout this whole process and here and here you are with a new one. I have not, nor ever threatened you or anyone else in the forums. I don't know if you got a refund and it does not matter to me. I know what the policies
    are. And again I was providing you with factual information with links. And getting a refund for a forced gamer tag change is against policy. You violated the code of conduct and you shouldn't have been reimbursed for your actions.

Opinion and conjecture is rampant in your posts and what is reported here has no impact on your Microsoft account as a whole. Because these forums are not monitored by Xbox Support or the Xbox Enforcement Team. If someone is using
    foul language or being inappropriate here then the reporting goes as far as, and only to the moderators of the forums for review.
    I provided you with information I received from support, not opinions. And you are incorrect and Xbox monitoring these forums. I was just reading through one and saw an employee commented on that post. It shows next to the Gamertag that they are an employee.
    You may want to check up on that, and this makes me question all the other information you provided as well. But at the end of the day, the Xbox support gave me different information and I had a different outcome that what you said will happen.
  17. Cokaigne Win User

Gamertag Enforcement

You still get a once per lifetime free name change.You used yours already.
    When did I get my free name change? This is EXACTLY what I am complaining about! I have to pay if I want to change the gamertag I have been given that replaces the one I have had since I started on Xbox Live.

It is not the same for everybody! This is also part of my complaint.

Please, if you are unwilling or unable to parse my comments please stop replying. So far all you have done is take the corporate, compassion-free option of RULES IS RULES. I understand the rules; I am here to discuss them, try and get them changed slightly
    so they are less annoying and soul-less, and more fitting for a company whose hardware I really enjoy and have supported since the first Xbox.
Thema:

Gamertag Enforcement

1. Gamertag Enforcement - Similar Threads - Gamertag Enforcement

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  8. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  9. Xbox gamertag replaced

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag replaced: I was recently trying to log in to my microsoft account on my computer. This account was linked to a gamertag that i have been using for that past 6 years or so. However when i ended up logging...
  10. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...