Gamertag/Display name/Account name

Discus and support Gamertag/Display name/Account name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, I've noticed a problem lately with my account. My display name in-game does not seem to match my gamertag/account name. My gamertag on Xbox is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PrussianBlue, Nov 21, 2021.

1. PrussianBlue
    PrussianBlue Guest

Hi all, I've noticed a problem lately with my account. My display name in-game does not seem to match my gamertag/account name. My gamertag on Xbox is , but when I play in-game, I'm displayed as 71. I cannot for the life of me find the right set of words to type into the search bar to solve this problem. Nowhere on the Microsoft account page or the xbox account page am I given the chance to change PrussianBlu71, it only appears to recognize me as , yet this is not how I display in-game. To be clear, I want to display as , but for some reason I display as 71.

:)

PrussianBlue, Nov 21, 2021
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello again PrussianBlue,

You can try contacting support at Contact us | Xbox Support

From there, select the "Contact Us" button

Select "Account & Profile" and "I want to change my gamertag" from the dropdown menus

Sign into your effect Xbox profile and you should see the option to request a call.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

Thank you for the replies and the clarity. The images had to be removed due the personal identifiable information. (Even after your statement, which has also been edited)

I'm currently investigating the issue to see if I can come up with anything. To see the "customize" button, you must enter in a new gamertag that you'd want to change it to and then select "Check availability"

For the time being, I suggest verifying that your device is up to date as well as your gaming services in the Microsoft Store.
  4. PrussianBlue Win User

This is quite odd. I don't actually get the option to see both names in the customize screen. I've actually been to that page quite a few times.

[Contents were removed due to personal identifiable information]
  5. Smwutches Win User

I've seen some people get the option to change their classic gamertag, but I'm not sure where they got the option. It usually doesn't show up on the website. The 360 is the only guaranteed way to do it.

You can try contacting support at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us, but as far as I know, they won't change gamertags.
  6. PrussianBlue Win User

Ya, as far as I can recall that is how it shows up on my Xbox. So the only way to change that is on a 360? Are you sure? Because I've never owned a 360 in my life.

Would it be possible to get someone at Microsoft to change it for me? I'm not going to buy a 360 just to get this fixed.
Thema:

1. Gamertag/Display name/Account name - Similar Threads - Gamertag Display name

2. Cyrillic gamertag shows up in latin when displayed in games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cyrillic gamertag shows up in latin when displayed in games: Hello, I recently changed my gamertag in ciryllic characters, ГОЦУЛ МИКОЛА shows up in latin as rOUyA MNKOAA, I wasn't aware of that. 51573011-b599-499d-aed3-a8fd007cfef0
  3. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....: My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed
  4. You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag?: When we play Fortnite or any games in our Xbox console. The gamertag will show is the Xbox gamertag since Gamertag serves as the player’s “identification” when logging in to Xbox Live. As of the...
  5. How can I only change my display name/classic gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I only change my display name/classic gamertag: For my normal gamer tag for Xbox there’s a suffix of numbers at the end of my name(even though I’m the only one with that name) but it added those numbers to my Minecraft username too. I don’t...
  6. Give us the option to display which gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Give us the option to display which gamertag: My xbox account has two gamertags tied to the account one with numbers and one without. The gamertag with numbers I've had for years but for some reason the xbox defaults to the one with numbers....
  7. New Xbox gamertag doesn't display.

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Xbox gamertag doesn't display.: Hi, it's been about 2 weeks since I've changed my username on Xbox, but it hasn't changed yet. The purchase appears in my order history, and I've removed and added my account back to my Xbox but...
  8. Xbox gamertag and Fortnite display name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag and Fortnite display name: So I listened to loads of faqs already and so I changed my gamertag on my Xbox recently. However when I loaded up Fortnite my display name still appeared as my previous gamertag. From what I had...
  9. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

in XboX Insiders
    On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...: I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and...
  10. Set login greeting to NAME not GAMERTAG (and display name in upper left)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set login greeting to NAME not GAMERTAG (and display name in upper left): Hello! My wife is now using my xbox one to watch tv, but she doesn't like being greeted by her GAMERTAG instead of her name when she logs in. She also doesn't like that it is stuck in the upper...