Gamertag Character limit increase

Discus and support Gamertag Character limit increase in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm confident I'm not the first person to bring this up. I had a great GT before changing it back to my old one after a *fun night* that I don't even... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SteelGhillie, Feb 12, 2020.

1. SteelGhillie
    SteelGhillie Guest

I'm confident I'm not the first person to bring this up. I had a great GT before changing it back to my old one after a *fun night* that I don't even remember. I left it alone for a while and on the VERY SAME DAY I decided to change it back, the new GT
    system was implemented only allowing 12 characters. My GT that i wanted back is 13. ONE NUMBER OFF. It was a unique name and an inside joke with my group of friends I have been playing with on Xbox for almost a decade. It SUCKS that I can't get it back.
    I understand that with the new system it can be whatever you want with the # junk but it isn't the same without the last letter. It was unique and a call to a good time with my friends. Again, I'm aware this will most likely get lost in the pile, not be addressed,
    or unfulfilled but what can i say, I'm an optimist.

As another point, limiting it to 12 characters SEVERELY stifles your community's creativity. I've seen incredible GT's upwards of 15 characters. funny, clever, simple, intricate, etc. essentially what I'm saying is; the new system blows. Increasing the
    character limit won't kill you.

Thanks Gamertag Character limit increase :)

:)

SteelGhillie, Feb 12, 2020
  2. MindOfTim Win User

If your gamer tag was special why did you change it to begin with? You aren't the first person who's upset by this change. I have never changed my gamer tag but was planning to and what I was going to change it to was 14 characters, I didn't know at the
    time that the limit had been changed which is a shame
  3. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Tbh I preferred the old system anyway
  4. D4vid 360 Win User

Yeah, that was not a clever move: i underatand the #number thing but decreasing the lenght?
  5. Sayann X Win User

Hello, it's a topic you can launch in the discussion section but here as you said, there's nothing we can do about it. Now it's limited to 12 characters
  6. Funnywizard9756 Win User

I agree is hard to create a decent gamertag with only 12 characters at your disposal. Especially if you dont what a # with numbers after it
Thema:

1. Gamertag Character limit increase - Similar Threads - Gamertag Character limit

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  8. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  9. Xbox gamertag replaced

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag replaced: I was recently trying to log in to my microsoft account on my computer. This account was linked to a gamertag that i have been using for that past 6 years or so. However when i ended up logging...
  10. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one x support 15 characters gametag