gamertag changing problems

Discus and support gamertag changing problems in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hello! so i've recently changed my gamertag (i believe first changes are free, and this is my first change) and i'm not sure if its done its job. i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by a-n-t-s-y, May 8, 2021.

1. a-n-t-s-y
    a-n-t-s-y Guest

hello!

so i've recently changed my gamertag (i believe first changes are free, and this is my first change) and i'm not sure if its done its job. i went to the xbox console companion app and to my profile customization, which led me to the change gamertag screen. i chose a pretty unique user (not one that i'd find someone else using) and i pressed the "LET'S GO" button. it brought me to a new tab, but it was all white. my screen was just white for a while (the name of the tab at the top was "about: blank") so i exited the tab after a couple minutes. i checked my gamertag after refreshing the page and it didn't change. i browsed some other answered questions from people with the same dilemma as i on the internet and it said that i should wait a day for it to update. it's been over 24 hours (lol). i went back to the change gamertag screen and put the same exact user i put in the day before. it said it was taken (like i said earlier, this was a really imaginative username). does anyone have an idea what's wrong, or what i should to do help it? thank you!

:)

a-n-t-s-y, May 8, 2021
  2. Photonimus Win User

Gamertag Change problem

Also, attempting to contact someone about it is pointless. Accounts cannot be transferred between people, even if the person was willing to give it up.
  3. Original Colton Win User

Changing Gamertag Problem

Hello, it's not a glitch, the gamertag is either an Xbox original or used on Zune, meaning it cannot be on anybody's friends list. But you should keep checking to see if it is in use soon hence they are transferring the gamertags over to Xbox live from the
    original to make them available.
  4. Senpai Yahiko Win User

Problem with gamertag change.

Yup I just did about 20 mins ago. it still won't update completely for my friends some of them it says my new gamertag and from some of the others it shows my old name. Sometimes when I'm in a random party and someone tries to add me because it shows my
    old gamertag whenever the person tries to add me it tells them my gamertag is no longer there and I end up having to send them a friend invite.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Gamertag Change Problems

Please check the date of this thread,it's from 2013.

If you have an issue you need help with please start your own thread & describe the issue you are having.
  6. Thik79 Win User

Changing Gamertag problem

Hi Phantom,

No not yet, I called support twice and it's still not correct. First time I called they told me wait to wait 24h and then call back. So I waited 24h and then call back. The secobd time I called, they told me they had server problems the day i changed my
    gamertag and that it may be the cause. They told me they would give me my money back and then I could do it again, but he couldn't find his supperior so he told me to call back today. Which I haven't done yet.
Thema:

1. gamertag changing problems - Similar Threads - gamertag changing problems

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  10. Problem when changing gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem when changing gamertag: I paid for a gamertag change over a month ago but my old one is still visible in-game and on the Xbox app. Is there an option I missed ? c89e6531-ccf8-4f0c-a9ba-40fd657eab21