Gamertag Ban

Discus and support Gamertag Ban in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My gamertag was recently removed, and changed to "." I'm not sure how this name violates any of your terms of use. I spoke to someone of the support... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WittyBunny76039, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Gamertag Ban

My gamertag was recently removed, and changed to "." I'm not sure how this name violates any of your terms of use. I spoke to someone of the support team and they referred me to the enforcement action team, but once on the website I don't
    see any sort of link leading me to the enforcement action team support. My previous gamertag was "[Mod Removed]." I only had the gamertag for 1-2 days. I spoke to someone from the support team and he/she claimed they could not help me with the problem I had,
    but they also said this "My apologies to hear about what happened Ian. I understand how this feels and I really would want to help you on this. For forced gamertag changed, you're right, I'm not seeing that the name violates the terms of use, and yes, could
    be banned due to reports that account gets from other players. " -GiGi. A support member is even saying my name doesn't violate the terms of use, so why is my gamertag being banned, and changed? I hope none of this comes off as rude. I only want help and
    answers, thank you.

:)

WittyBunny76039, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Will i get banned using this gamertag?

I'd ban you

I'd ban you hard

FakeUmentaries, Oct 9, 2017
  3. SatlaHarfa
    SatlaHarfa Guest
    Will i get banned using this gamertag?

I have the gamertag "JHAD EL SALIM" on my xbox one for about 2 months now. I saw a tweet from gamespot that someone got banned on psn for using the gamertag iJihad. Will i get banned on xbox? Please let me know because if i will get banned i want to tell to microsoft that will let me change the gamertag for free again

SatlaHarfa, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Gamertag Ban

The support person was wrong.

That name does violate the ToU/CoC & shouldn't be posted on the forums.

Support are nothing to do with xbox live enforcement so what they think doesn't matter.

Any report is investigated before enforcement actions are issued.

As the enforcement team do not use the forums you can go to the enforcement site
    here where you can file for a case review if eligible.

A case review is the only way to contact the enforcement team but in all honesty I highly doubt you will get that gamertag back

Daft Badger, Oct 9, 2017
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Problem with “Microsoft Ban For Profit” argument

Banned consoles cannot access Live.

Because a console is banned does not mean an individual's gamertag was banned. The two are not linked that way. If a console is banned but the gamertag is not banned, the gamertag can access Live from an unbanned console.

Assuming the gamertag isn't banned, the banned console owner can buy another console, and assuming they abided by the Terms of Use, continue using Live with their gamertag.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

New License On Banned Account

Game licences are not transferrable so you wouldn't be able to transfer it to a new gamertage, no.

As to buying a new licence on the banned gamertag, not sure what the point would be if the gamertag is banned from the game? The new licence would still be banned if the gamertag is banned from the game itself.
  7. Liquid5tranger Win User

Recover my gamer tag help.

If your GamerTag was banned, recovering it won't restore services. If your console was banned, recovering the GamerTag on the new console should be OK. If you were banned for using false MS Points, I'd imagine it was a GamerTag ban.
  8. Talax Lives Win User

Console banned but we're still paying?!

no their accounts are not account banned.

As you say they arealso banned on the forums if their account is banned. For them to post on any forum including "my xbox account was suspended", they need to create a new account, and refer to the banned gamertag in their post.

so in this case, their gamertags are not banned, because they can use their gamertags here.
  9. DAFT Clemtide Win User

Why is "LOL" not allowed in my motto?

The reason is simple. MS is on a ban wave of original gamertags that have been stolen or unautherized V1 reset. The gamertag "LOL" was reset using a hack. Therefore MS console banned the user and name banned the gamertag "LOL". As a result of the name ban
    the word "LOL" cannot be put as a gamertag, in your motto, bio, name etc. All the other "normal" words that you cannot put in your profile are also stolen gamertags that have been name banned.
Thema:

Gamertag Ban

1. Gamertag Ban - Similar Threads - Gamertag Ban

2. Kathy please help with disruptive behavior ban. It's my gamertag...phayghat people ay it as...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Kathy please help with disruptive behavior ban. It's my gamertag...phayghat people ay it as...: My disruptive behavior ban is driving me insane my gamertag sounds like the word (mod removed) but it is not it is Faja /gamertag phayghat every time someone says it in the game it comes up on my...
  3. Old banned gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old banned gamertag: I had an old gamertag that was [Mod removed]. It was a play on words and meant nothing by it(My stepfather is Jewish and raised me from 4 years old and I'm now in my thirties). I couldn't get it...
  4. Do they ban accounts that duplicated gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do they ban accounts that duplicated gamertags: My gamertag was duplicated and now my friends or anyone can’t even search my gamertag up 3e23fa9e-107f-4320-8fc3-e83417a33791
  5. Sappho banned from gamertags?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sappho banned from gamertags?: I’m trying to change my gamertag, but multiple words relating to being a lesbian or sapphic are banned, including sapphic itself. Sappho, sapphic, and butch are all non-derogatory words but none...
  6. So I received a 8 day ban for messaging someone about their gamertag on Xbox his Gamertag...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I received a 8 day ban for messaging someone about their gamertag on Xbox his Gamertag...: I received a 8 day ban for messaging a Xbox Live user asking why his friend and him repeatedly held me and my teammates in spawn on HALO, not giving us a chance to defend ourselves the Gamertag of...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 online feature locked, gamertag ban.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 online feature locked, gamertag ban.: Hi, this morning when trying to connect to the online feature in FH5. i got a message - your gamertag has been banned from this feature. i tried to access the Forza Ban info page but it leeps...
  8. Account prem ban: gamertag Mme

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account prem ban: gamertag Mme: I didn't do it I would like to give more info on my side of the story, was only able to do 1000 letters before I was cut off. I was not approved due to how severe the account tampering was.. I...
  9. Account gamertag ban and is unable to be appealed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account gamertag ban and is unable to be appealed: My gamertag was banned in may and it was obamashotdog, and it said the ban was due to it being inappropriate. I do not see the reason why it could be interpreted as such. I read it as obamas hot...
  10. Xbox enforcement gamertag ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox enforcement gamertag ban: my gamertag was : [mod removed] my xbox generated gamertag : SillyKitten8927 I made the gamertag as a joke and In no way was it made to offend anyone. is it possible for it to be overturned or I...