Gamertag availability

Discus and support Gamertag availability in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I've come to find out that the original account that claimed the gamertag that I want has not been active in forever. Their account is obviously... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Professor K1, May 31, 2023.

1. Professor K1
    Professor K1 Guest

Gamertag availability

So I've come to find out that the original account that claimed the gamertag that I want has not been active in forever. Their account is obviously very old. Could I contact Microsoft about possibly getting that gamertag? I mean it's technically just gong to waste

:)

Professor K1, May 31, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

gamertag availability

Even with that search option, the best way to find out if a gamertag is available is by trying to change yours to it. The search option will not show you gamertags that are used on other Microsoft services and if you were to search for "Gamertag" it may
    not show it even though "Gamer tag" is in use. The system doesn't see the spaces as being different gamertags.
  3. xlDarkCore Win User

Gamertag not available?

Not the answer I wanted to hear but it definitely helps!

-

I'm very picky with names like this--specific criteria and all--and it took me forever just to come up with the name I wanted. I've already partially integrated this name so I'd either have to deal with my names being varied and not streamlined or start
    that process all over and lose info., etc. for established accounts.

-

I heard that they occasionally purge inactive tags and make them available for the public to use. Do you know how often they do this? Is it worth waiting to see if the tag I want becomes available?

-

@davemcfly85 - I know those services are largely inaccurate but the point I wanted to make was that all indicators said the tag was not in use and was available, even those directly from Xbox LIVE. (I didn't realize that other Microsoft services use tags
    from the same pool.)
    I Have the same problem as you have I Want so bad that gamertag....I will wait some days to see if something changes I hope I get that gamer tag :(
  4. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Gamertag not available?

Gamertags are not used solely for Xbox accounts. They are also used for Zune and Games for Windows. Since they are not an on-demand service there is no purging timeframe for inactive gamertags. All you can do is keep checking the availability periodically.
    Hope this helps!
  5. SoaR BLRY Win User

Gamertag Not Available

Well i was told to contact the forums about my situation because the gamertag is being reserved by someone that isnt paying for it.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag Availability

That's not an official website if you read the details below it says right on the page cohesive networks

The only official way to check for a name is to change your names.and if it accepts or not

Searching for a name like swmutches mentioned only checks for that one combination not included spaces or case

Which xbox doesn't differenitiates
Thema:

Gamertag availability

1. Gamertag availability - Similar Threads - Gamertag availability

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”: Hi, I just learned of my free Gamertag change and while exploring different options of what my name could be changed to, and what is and isn’t available or has been used by others I selected an...
  8. Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?: Hey y'all! I was able to log in into my old Xbox account which had an OG username I would really like to set as my name on my active account. Since there is the new system that gives you a suffix...
  9. how long does it take for a gamertag to become available

in XBoX Accessibility
    how long does it take for a gamertag to become available: i have 2 microsoft accounts, 1 was for minecraft and the other is for everything else.around a year ago i changed the username of account 1 and made account 2s name the same as the first account,...
  10. changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available: I know the name is 100% available, but it says my account owns it already even though I only own a version with the # at the end. Is there any way to remove the numbers without me having to change...