Gamertag and profile picture changed since console reset

Discus and support Gamertag and profile picture changed since console reset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Please help.... Yesterday i did a console reset (choosing to keep games and app details). I did the reset to try and sort out problems with the new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Outdoorjames, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Outdoorjames
    Outdoorjames Guest

Please help....

Yesterday i did a console reset (choosing to keep games and app details). I did the reset to try and sort out problems with the new update on cod mw Pacific constant crashing. When trying to get things back up and running i found my gamertag now has a number 1 after it and my profile picture has been reset to a playing card. When i try load up any games I'm getting asked to pay for a game pass or gold, which i thought i already had.

Can anybody shed any light on this please. I know there are issues with Microsoft at the mo as I've tried to call the help line but keep getting error messages saying there's a problem at there end.

Thanks in advance.... James

:)

Outdoorjames, Dec 20, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

3. Outdoorjames Win User

Hi again Georges. I would agree that only the account holder could change profile info but unless i used a different email to sign in than the one i used to originally set up the account, i can't understand how this happened. I've only got 2 email addresses and only one of these is recognised in the xbox log in screen. I've even tried using my phone number to log in but it doesn't recognise that either. It does look like an old profile though as the 'game points' are only 45. I've been playing under the original profile for a few years and figured there would be more points than that.

I'll keep on trying to figure this out but thanks again for your time.

Regards, James
  4. Outdoorjames Win User

Evening Georges.

Ok, I've been at this most of the day with no success. I've tried all the email addresses i could think of but only one is recognised. I managed to log in using my phone number but this just brought up the new unwanted profile.

I searched and found the transaction in my PayPal account for xbox gold which should still have another month remaining!

I've attempted to contact xbox help using the call back option but this continues to show 'a problem with our systems'!

The main problem with all this is that my sons account was under my subscription but that is no longer showing as available along with many hours of game progression. Most of our games were downloads rather than disc but now they're not loading without my active gold subscription. I'm desperate to get this resolved as I've just bought him an elite controller for Christmas.

I'll keep trying the help centre with the hope of a solution.

Thanks for the help..
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Outdoorjames, have you ever tried to sign in to your account on the Xbox website to check if Gamertage and Gamerpic are still the same or if it has been modified as well?
  6. Georges C. Win User

This was the other scenario I would comment on, however try to log in with your account that used earlier.
Thema:

1. Gamertag and profile picture changed since console reset - Similar Threads - Gamertag profile picture

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...
  4. Gamertag changed and new server profile (?)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag changed and new server profile (?): Hello everyone. to briefly explain my situation. I reinstalled my OS on a new SSD, thus also reinstalled my Minecraft. Logged into the same account I had played on literally 2 days before and my...
  5. When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...: My son created a 2nd gamer tag & profile on XBOX different from the original one that is associated with our Microsoft account & Epic Games. Now, whenever I try to upload a Fortnite V bucks card,...
  6. Why do I still see my old gamertag and my new gamertag on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still see my old gamertag and my new gamertag on my profile: I see my old gamertag and my new gamertag on my profile even tho I see my new gamertag online and this is my second time I changed it so I paid for it 0fb4f613-b1f3-48ae-af0d-1f2497ab440b
  7. I changed my gamertag but it didn't change on my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag but it didn't change on my profile.: So I changed my gamertag from Isk4182 to Fortfire304 and in my games, when I play them, it shows Fortfire304, which is correct. But when I go onto my xbox profile it still says Isk4182. Can anyone...
  8. 2 gamertags on 1 profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 gamertags on 1 profile: So I didn't like the hashtag in my gamertag when I made it and I changed my name immediately on the Xbox app, I changed it to a 16 character name, when the hashtag gamertag didn't go away I called...
  9. My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?: My profile is showing an old gamertag but not the one I use. Wondering what do I do? 3c0f5590-24a4-4846-a118-69b945d0cfeb
  10. Changing my Gamertag, doesn't work to download my Profil

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing my Gamertag, doesn't work to download my Profil: Hi to all, I have changed my Gamerag, when i want to play and Ddownload my Profil it doesn't work. It shows me the Failure code 80151006. I Can't download my profil, what can i do that it work...