gamer tags appear on screen while using headset. Need help hiding them.

Discus and support gamer tags appear on screen while using headset. Need help hiding them. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When using my headset when me or a teammate talk, their gamer tag pops up on screen covering my mini map top left corner. I can’t find a way to disable... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Johnny B12, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Johnny B12
    Johnny B12 Guest

When using my headset when me or a teammate talk, their gamer tag pops up on screen covering my mini map top left corner. I can’t find a way to disable the visual. Any help would be awesome!!

:)

Johnny B12, Dec 31, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Johnny, sorry to hear you're having trouble

This is a chat feature that I love for large groups but can be annoying as well. What you can do is tap the Guide button and scroll over to your chat. From there you can use the menu to access the chat features and either move where the gamertags show on the screen or turn it off completely
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Are you in a party chat? If so, in the Xbox party chat settings, there is a overlay toggle which can switch the overlay on or off.

Outside of party chat, I am not entirely sure how it works with MWII (I assume that's what you are playing).
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Gamer Tag Attached To My Email Isn't Mine

Each account has it's own unique email address and gamer tag. So the gamer tag you're seeing doesn't belong to someone else, it belongs to the account you signed in with.

Since you're not seeing the gamer tag you're expecting, then that means you need to sign into your account with the correct email address.

If you initially created your account on the Xbox console, that email address is usually an outlook.com email.

If you know the gamer tag but not the sign in email address, you can contact Xbox Support and give them the gamer tag. You'll need to know the exact spelling (letters, numbers and spaces). And if they find the account in the system, they will send out a security
    code to what you have setup on the account for phone/email. When you get that code, that will help them unlock the info on their screen and that will allow them to provide you with the sign in email address for that account.

Without that security code, they won't be able to unlock that account info on their screen.

You can contact Xbox Support here -
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

If you're in the states you can call them at 800-469-9269
  5. faithfuLeafsFan Win User

Unable to become Enforcement United

I had the same problem. I just needed to be patient. About 2 weeks after becoming an Embassador I was able to access the Enforcement United. i have to tell you when looking at Gamer Tags in Enforment United read the game Tag carefully, some people are very
    cleaver with how they hide offensive terms in their Gamer Tag
  6. ADivine818 Win User

Bioshock 2 Multiplayer Error

I have the same issue, this has been since a year ago.

I sign into my gamer tag (bioshck multiplayer) when I enter multiplayer option, screen appears "please wait" immediately another screen appears and says "connection error- unable to connect to Xbox live. Please try again later" I can play any other game
    on live multiplayer . I even tried forwarding ports. Got a new Xbox, erased everything on hard drive re downloaded gamer tag, restarted my router, called ISP to reboot my Internet and now I am currently sharing my Xbox and signed into another gamer tag and
    it let me play on bioshock multiplayers with the other gamer tag. Try switching back to my gamer tag and didn't let get on multiplayer.
Thema:

1. gamer tags appear on screen while using headset. Need help hiding them. - Similar Threads - gamer tags appear

2. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  3. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  4. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  5. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  6. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  7. I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games...: I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games it just shows my old nam. How do I make my new name appear? 299524a7-6e29-4154-8afe-01dd4f58ae31
  8. When I log onto Fortnite my Xbox gamer tag appears as my name and I just want to see my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I log onto Fortnite my Xbox gamer tag appears as my name and I just want to see my...: When I log onto Fortnite my Xbox gamer tag is my name I just want my epic games gamer tag to be my name how do u change this 8b20860d-c009-4cd4-9600-dd8fe6b64890
  9. My gamer tag does not appear in search results

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamer tag does not appear in search results: Hi, I have an active xbox live account yet my gamertag doesnt exist when friends search for it. I can join parties and see friends online (although sometimes this shows zero when thats not the...
  10. Child gamer tag does not appear in my family session

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child gamer tag does not appear in my family session: Hi, My son tried to invite some friends but an error message appeared about the rules of confidentiality. Impossible to connect, change your options of restriction. When I connect with my...