Gamer tag updated, now the only game I purchased is gone

Discus and support Gamer tag updated, now the only game I purchased is gone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I migrated my Mojang account, it had me update my xbox gamer tag. For context, my original gamer tag (without the hashtag followed by numbers) is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ayvree, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Ayvree
    Ayvree Guest

When I migrated my Mojang account, it had me update my xbox gamer tag. For context, my original gamer tag (without the hashtag followed by numbers) is preserved on my gaming laptop, but when I integrated my Mojang account using my desktop computer, the game doesn't show up on that version (the gamer tag with the hashtag and numbers). I am able to see it in my game library on my laptop and even play it (it's even the same Microsoft account), but it's as if my old gamer tag never existed. I only noticed this issue when I wanted to play Sea of Thieves again (a game I purchased in 2019) and it wasn't appearing in my game library OR my transaction history. I was on the phone with support for 3 hours, kept getting bounced between the same departments, got disconnected 3 times, and was offered no solution/resolution, so I'm extremely frustrated, to say the least haha.

Old gamer tag on my laptop:

Gamer tag updated, now the only game I purchased is gone [​IMG]

New gamer tag on my desktop PC:

Gamer tag updated, now the only game I purchased is gone [​IMG]

:)

Ayvree, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Sure. No problem. I appreciate your patience and time here in the community.
  3. Ayvree Win User

Thank you for your reply! The strange thing is that they're linked to the same email/Microsoft account, any other email I tried to log in with didn't have an associated account for me to even attempt a password reset/recovery :( I'm able to log into the new xbox profile, but the old one doesn't show up no matter what I try.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Ayvree!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter.

Based on your issue description, you have created two different Microsoft accounts or Xbox profiles. It is because during your Minecraft migration to a Microsoft account, if you used your original account that has the original gamertag with no suffixes, you shouldn't be asked to setup or enter a new gamertag since it's supposed to be an existing account already. You were asked to enter a new gamertag because you're setting up a new Microsoft/Xbox account.

Check your other devices or old devices like Xbox consoles where your original Xbox profile was added before, to find traces of the correct email address that was linked to that account. Make sure to double check your email spelling and domain name of the email.

If you have other email addresses, be sure to sign in each one of them via https://account.microsoft.com website and visit https://account.xbox.com/Profile to check the gamertag attached to that particular account.
  5. Rostom L Win User

I understand. The account's primary email address cannot be linked to multiple accounts or Xbox profiles because it's unique in every accounts. Your original gamertag with no suffix must be linked to a different email address. It is because, if you linked your Minecraft account to your Microsoft account (with gamertag that has no numbers) you won't be able to set or claim the same gamertag with suffix as they're technically the same gamertag and the numbers or suffix is just an identifier for each unique account.

I suggest to try to enter your phone number or emails or skype username if you had it linked to your original account here https://account.live.com/username/recover to find your correct account.
  6. Original Colton Win User

gamer tag gone?

Hello OP, have you tried recovering your gamertag? If that doesn't do the trick, try clearing your cache.
Thema:

1. Gamer tag updated, now the only game I purchased is gone - Similar Threads - Gamer tag updated

2. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  3. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  4. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  5. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  6. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  7. My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...: i recently changed my gamertag on the 360 and it didn’t change on the xbox one. how can i fix this or is there a way to fix it be8619c2-63f0-4010-bf06-22a87e06630c
  8. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  9. My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...: Set up years ago when he was little... Let's say Dad's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and son's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  10. Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag: Xbox asked me to update my profile I did then all my saved games were lost I have a new gamer tag which they told me I had to have and I can't get it back how to get back my ten years of saved...