Gamer tag problem

Discus and support Gamer tag problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when I go to change my gamertag it shows that it has been taken, but when I search to see the account it doesn't show. I would just like to know if... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by thetrueTBNRLogs, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Gamer tag problem

when I go to change my gamertag it shows that it has been taken, but when I search to see the account it doesn't show. I would just like to know if there really is someone with the gamertag.

:)

thetrueTBNRLogs, Jul 10, 2018
  2. tha_villain
    tha_villain Guest
    I cant play Destiny?

the gamer tag with gold... Would that person happen to be using that gamer tag in another Xbox?

tha_villain, Jul 10, 2018
  3. DeAtHCoRe92
    DeAtHCoRe92 Guest
    Gamer tag problem

Hello. Ok so i had an xbox 360 slim, and got 3 month xbox live gold. I generated a gamer tag and it gave me splendidflame38. It gave me the option to change it one time so i changed it to DeAtHCoRe1992. That was last year. I had to get rid of my slim but
    i recently got a 1st Gen. white xbox 360, i downloaded my profile but the gamer tag went back to splendidflame38. How do i get my gamer tag to be DeAtHCoRe1992 without buying it. Because i looked everywhere and i couldn't find a solution. And i don't have
    a c card for purchasing something i should already own. And i don't want to buy a 15$ card if im only going to spend 1$ for my GT back. (This is so confusing)

DeAtHCoRe92, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gamer tag problem

If the system shows it's taken, then it's taken. Keep in mind that the tag system is in use on other Microsoft services as well. The system also doesn't see things like spaces as making a gamertag unique. So while you may look up "gamertag" and can't find
    it. It may actually be in use as "gamer tag".

Smwutches, Jul 10, 2018
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Gamer tag problem!

If it says the tag is not available then it's not available.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live.
  6. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Gamer Tag Problems

Both Onyx and I are xbox ambassadors, and we do not work for microsoft in any way. We are gamers just like you that try to help others. Most of the time, on these forums, you will get replies from ambassadors, and most of the time, what those ambassadors
    tell you, is what needs to be done. While I understand you are frustrated, please understand that we take time out of our own lives to try to help others resolve the problems they are having. You might get a reply from Official Support, if they have ideas
    they think might help, that an ambassador has not already suggested. But at this time, I believe that what Onyx has told you, calling phone support, is really the best bet at getting this resolved.
  7. blu3d3mons Win User

Gamer Tag Problems

We already tried that! I feel we keep getting redundant responses like believe me we tried it all before we landed here. If you dont have an answer that isnt common sense please stop replying we need an actual solution.
  8. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Gamer Tag Problems

Also, make sure he has you set as a Friend, not a Favorite. I found this cured a similar problem I was having with certain friends I had set as favorites.
  9. geekfather Win User

Gamer tag Problems

As Smwutches as stated. There are no more free gamer tag changes. Even when Enforcement finds your name to be in violation you get a shiny new random generated name. You get 30 days to change your name for free after you create it. After that you are charged
    the 9.99.

No one is intending to give you the run around. The fact is support wills end people here and they are in total error. Enforcement only replies and responds on the suspension forums. They never read this forum ever.

As stated above - keep reporting the people and blocking them. You will need to pay the money to have it changed. I see nothing wrong in your name that would cause any ridicule.

Good luck
Thema:

Gamer tag problem

1. Gamer tag problem - Similar Threads - Gamer tag problem

2. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  3. I’m having a problem with changing my gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m having a problem with changing my gamer tag: Ok so I wanted to change my gamer tag so I added money to my balance. 100% sure it was enough to buy a new gamer tag. I typed in my new gamer tag, clicked, check availability and then clicked...
  4. Gamer tag problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamer tag problem: so i seen xbox updated gamer tags and now supports hangul im orginaly from eastern asia and i would like to have a hangul gamer tag but it wont let me anyone know why?...
  5. Xbox live pc gamer tag change problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox live pc gamer tag change problem: I've been trying to change my gamertag yesterday and today, today i almost succeeded but it is still saying Error occured. I got so far that i was about to pay the 10 euros, but i wanted to...
  6. Problem with 360 profile on Xbone after gamer tag change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with 360 profile on Xbone after gamer tag change.: Hi, I recently changed my Gamer Tag everything is fine with my Xbone profile. I had to remove my profile and download it again on the phisical 360 console which is now fine. The problem I have...
  7. Can't sign in to Xbox One with your gamer tag? !....PROBLEM SOLVED!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign in to Xbox One with your gamer tag? !....PROBLEM SOLVED!: Hi, just wanted to say i had the exact same problem as countless others seem to have had in not being able to sign into my gamertag to thus access xboxlive. Updated to the new Xboxone experience...
  8. Odd problem with primary gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd problem with primary gamer tag: All of a sudden, the right joy stick quit working on all my controllers, with all games on my primary gamer tag only. I bought a new controller thinking that was the problem before I realized it...
  9. Gamer tag problem!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag problem!: Okay so I would like to see if we can fix a problem that would be better off for the community. So when some has a account that gamer tag is locked to the account. Now if someone was to go through...
  10. Xbox Live gamer tag problem and why I will never purchase another gold membership or anything ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live gamer tag problem and why I will never purchase another gold membership or anything ...: So today I decided to log in to xbox live for the first time in a long while. I kept getting an error that I had to download my profile so I did. To my amassment my gamer tag had benne changed...