Gamer tag name change

Discus and support Gamer tag name change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have had my gamertag for 12 years and am still in credit for my first change. I want to change it EK Tadpole but it’s saying “this gt isn’t allowed”.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tadpole10, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Tadpole10
    Tadpole10 Guest

Gamer tag name change

I have had my gamertag for 12 years and am still in credit for my first change. I want to change it EK Tadpole but it’s saying “this gt isn’t allowed”. I feel that a lot of people have used “EK” but I don’t see how that should prevent you changing the gamertag with it included. Is there any way around it?

:)

Tadpole10, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Gamer Tag Name Change

For an official answer for why it was changed, you would need to post here -
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

If it was changed because it violated the code of conduct then it is not possible to get it back.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Gamer tag name change

Hello, Tadpole10. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

The gamertag system is an automated system and there is no manual review of gamertags. If the system is not letting you use this gamertag, unfortunately there is no way around it. I'm really sorry about this.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Live Gamertag

Nope free gamer tag changes can be issued if it is within first 30 days of creation

Xbox support cannot give you a free gamer tag change

It does not matter if your name is in the gamer tag as it is not enough to reset your passwords and since it is not part of your login info unless you have a bad habit of telling everyone that's your name Noone will even guess that

Nor is a forced gamer tag change will satisfy you as you will get a random name

You will have to pay for a change
  5. Auswulf Win User

Gamer tag

Your gamer tag was deemed inappropriate or offensive and they changed it because it violated the code of conduct.

You can argue to your blue in the face but you wont get the gamer tag name back.

If you are wondering why you didn't get a free name change you can blame the people that abused the system by just changing the gamertag to another offensive or inappropriate gamer tag.

So I suggest you let it go and either use the gamer tag you were given or buy some points and change it to an appropriate gamer tag that will not violate the code of conduct.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change

This forum is largely user based. You would have to continue working with phone support to try to get a refund.

Support sends people here on the belief that the enforcement team will issue a forced name change and you will be given a free change, but that is not the case. The enforcement team does issue forced name changes, but you cannot contact them directly to
    get one and forced changes are now given a randomly generated tag.
Thema:

Gamer tag name change

1. Gamer tag name change - Similar Threads - Gamer tag name

2. Why can’t I make a gamer tag without a hashtag even though the name isn’t taken?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I make a gamer tag without a hashtag even though the name isn’t taken?: So yesterday I tried to make a new gamer tag and it showed that there were no hashtags and when I purchased it it only changed my game gamer tag not the main one. I’m frustrated because I thought...
  3. Gamer tag and skills took over my son name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamer tag and skills took over my son name: Yes my son went to play mw2 on his ps4 when it opened it singed in as my xbox Activision name from xbox and now he can not change it back 1c8a4657-901f-4aae-b6e0-87029248c045
  4. When I log onto Fortnite my Xbox gamer tag appears as my name and I just want to see my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I log onto Fortnite my Xbox gamer tag appears as my name and I just want to see my...: When I log onto Fortnite my Xbox gamer tag is my name I just want my epic games gamer tag to be my name how do u change this 8b20860d-c009-4cd4-9600-dd8fe6b64890
  5. When I go to put my new gamer tag with no numbers and accept, it puts numbers in my name...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I go to put my new gamer tag with no numbers and accept, it puts numbers in my name...: I looked an no other name is like mine even with numbers yet it still puts numbers at the end of my name fc8d5973-3902-4801-953d-c6feb1e6450f
  6. Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back: Hey guys, weird thing happened…my gamertag got force name changed from Bait to bigkitten#695386, and I got some guy on instagram named [mod removed] trying to sell me the name back? I checked on...
  7. Gamer-Tag - apparently my last name is offensive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer-Tag - apparently my last name is offensive?: All I want is for my gamertag to go back to what it's been for years, and not have someone who works for support tell me its outside of their scope. This shouldn't be difficult, is not offensive...
  8. my name is brandon my son gamer tag is my old one cyusuck007

in XBoX Accessibility
    my name is brandon my son gamer tag is my old one cyusuck007: a accout name [mod removed] IS PICKING ON MY SON CALLING HIM A [mod removed] SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE EVEN IF ITS A 3 MONTHS BANNED FOR COUMMICTION THIS IS REDUCLESS AN THE BULLING NEEDS TO STOP...
  9. Gamer Tag / Name changes unexpectedly !

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer Tag / Name changes unexpectedly !: My Microsoft account details have remained the same and there does not appear to be any suspicious behavior on the account, however when I log in to my account the name and my Xbox Game tag are...
  10. My actual name is a inappropriate gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My actual name is a inappropriate gamer tag?: So you know how you guys said your range of possible gamer tags and languages was expanded? That was a lie. I understand the last 3 letters are a 4th shy of a synonym for feces but how are you...