Gamer tag and Email address don’t match up.

Discus and support Gamer tag and Email address don’t match up. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My brother is trying to sign into Xbox live after around 4-5 years and he had a Gamertag that was once on Xbox live and now he can’t use the email... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flingerz87, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Flingerz87
    Flingerz87 Guest

My brother is trying to sign into Xbox live after around 4-5 years and he had a Gamertag that was once on Xbox live and now he can’t use the email associated with his Gamertag. The Gamertag shows the email associated with it on his console but when we sign
    into that Email on the computer a different Gamertag with no history or achievements comes up! Tech support says there has to be another email associated with his Gamertag but that isn’t possible since he once had Xbox Live with his Gamertag that was associated
    with his email! Is it possible Xbox deleted his data due to inactivity?

:)

Flingerz87, Apr 19, 2018
  2. Dockings
    Dockings Guest
    So, how many of you are 10 year Xbox Live gamers?

I started with the xboxlive beta with the headset and MotoGP disk, but I currently have a new different gamer tag due to my associated Hotmail account going inactive, due to not logging into email, and thus preventing me from renewing the live account. I had to create a new account while I went through the steps of recovery for the Hotmail address. Once recovered, I simply stayed with my new gamer tag... Now associated with the old Hotmail account. :-(

Dockings, Apr 19, 2018
  3. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    Lost gamer tag

It sounds like you used a different email address for the old GT. The system won't allow you to create a new tag if the email address is already in use by another tag. Are you sure you didn't use a different email address and password for the old tag? They
    have to match exactly for you to be able to log into your account.

bowski477, Apr 19, 2018
  4. Gamer tag and Email address don’t match up.

The best thing to do is to talk to xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them the old gamertag and if they can verify the ownership of the account they can tell him the email associated with that gamertag.

it is possible that if the account hasn't been used for a while that they did close the account out.

steeledwand7664, Apr 19, 2018
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

The best thing to do is to talk to xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them the old gamertag and if they can verify the ownership of the account they can tell him the email associated with that gamertag.

it is possible that if the account hasn't been used for a while that they did close the account out.
  6. BenBristow Win User

Gamertag Recover

Good evening,

Just to make sure we are clear

1) Old email with gamer tag I want

2) Current email with gamer tag I don’t want

I want to move the gamer tag I want from the old email address to my current email address. If possible, to delete my new gamer tag I don’t want

Is the steps you mentioned still correct?
  7. BenBristow Win User

Gamertag Recover

We are so close. I want my old gamer tag that’s currently associated to my old email address moved to my new email! But my new email has a gamer tag already assigned which I don’t want! Also, this is on pc
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

Accidentally created a second gamer tag on same email as first

first of all you can not have 2 different gamer tags on one email address so there must be a different email address associated with the original gamer tag your best bet would be to contact xbox support at support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them your gamer
    tag and if they can verify your account they can give you the email address associated with your original gamer tag
  9. LentPlace2099 Win User

Email address associated with the wrong account

My old gamer tag has my wife's email address and my new one has my address. I want to delete the new tag completely so I can put my email address on to my gamer tag if that makes sense?
Thema:

1. Gamer tag and Email address don’t match up. - Similar Threads - Gamer tag Email

2. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  3. My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...: Set up years ago when he was little... Let's say Dad's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and son's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  4. Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email?: I created an Xbox profile for my son using my Hotmail address years ago when he was younger. He played on PC. I just bought an Xbox Series X and want to move his profile and gamer tag to a new,...
  5. Forget my xbox account email but still remember the gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forget my xbox account email but still remember the gamer tag: As the title says, i forgot what email i used to sign up in opening a xbox account 5-6 years ago. I'm still able to remember the gamer tag and i'm sure that i'm able to remember the email if only...
  6. Email is linked to 2 Xbox gamer tags and can’t remove or change ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email is linked to 2 Xbox gamer tags and can’t remove or change ?: Hi I’m having a problem with 2 Xbox’s my email address is linked to both of them somehow and can’t remove or change it can you help as it’s causing problems ? 341f3802-22b8-4c98-8a26-eb10884363bd
  7. Had to reset and can’t figure out what email was used but have gamer tag how do we find...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Had to reset and can’t figure out what email was used but have gamer tag how do we find...: So we had to reset xbox and now we can’t figure out what email and pass word was used to make the xbox account. I have his cod log in linked but it doesn’t give more then the gamer tag. If i...
  8. two xbox accounts/gamer tags on one email

in XBoX Accessibility
    two xbox accounts/gamer tags on one email: I have 2 xbox accounts with 1 email and i cant access the one on my console on my laptop, how can i log into it? i changed my console accounts email and now i cant log into it in the website on my...
  9. I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover

in XboX Insiders
    I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover: Is there a way to determine the email of my past account if I do not know it or is it a guessing game until I get it? submitted by /u/Bustanut364 [link] [comments]
  10. Lost my account and I can’t remember my email but I remember the gamer tag can you help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost my account and I can’t remember my email but I remember the gamer tag can you help: I forgot the email to my account but remember the gamer tag could you help c5a47c6b-c763-4dfa-8c3f-804dafa8b0d6