Gamepass Ultimate - Family Group - getting a second console

Discus and support Gamepass Ultimate - Family Group - getting a second console in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, We currently have a Series S and use Family Group. For my son to play games I need to log in, then he logs in with his Family Group... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ozzig, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Ozzig
    Ozzig Guest

Hi everyone,

We currently have a Series S and use Family Group.

For my son to play games I need to log in, then he logs in with his Family Group account to play games - I assume this console is my "home" console, but I'm not sure as we had a One S but the HDMI out broke and we replaced it with the Series S.

How do I check if it is my home console?

If I buy another Series S what games will I be able to play on it? (GPU / digital purchases etc)

Assuming I used one and he used the other, would I need another subscription to play each other in games like Plants vs Zombies.

Things are very different compared to when I used to play CoD on the Xbox360 into the early hours.

*Also I read somewhere about a Family subscription - is that different to Family Group ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ozzig, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Amazing and you're very welcome.

The Home Xbox feature is not available for Xbox 360, it may have not been set to any Xbox console.

With your follow up question, yes, as long as you're using the account where the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is active along with your games, you can play everything.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information. You'll see if a console is set as your Home Xbox by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to your account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

If there is a check beside "Make this as My Home Xbox", it means that it is already set as Home Xbox.

If you will purchase another Xbox series s you will be able to play all of your digital games, GPU games, and other compatible games you have purchased before such as 360 digital games.

Now with your concern. If you will be getting another Xbox Series S, I would highly recommend setting your account as Home Xbox on your current Xbox Series S, in that way all profiles that will use Xbox Series S 1 will be able to play your games as well as subscriptions. This means you don't need to purchase another subscription if you will be playing together with your son.

There is a "GAME PASS FRIENDS & FAMILY" which is a different subscription, this does not require setting your account as Home Xbox to share your subscription, but as of the moment it's not yet available for everyone, according to Xbox: "Currently we are piloting this plan in Colombia and the Republic of Ireland. Future countries/regions might be added in the next months. In Colombia, the monthly price is 49,900 COP. In Ireland, the monthly price is 21.99 euros."
  4. Francia J. Win User

Correct, Ozzig but on your console #1, I would recommend signing out because you can only be signed in to one device at a time. As long as your account is set as Home Xbox to Console #1 your account does not need to be signed in all the time.
  5. Ozzig Win User

Thank you for the fast reply :)

I will have a look when I finish work.

So, in summary ...

Console #1 - (home console)

I log in, my son then logs in switching to his profile to play. (I'm still logged in)

He can play all the digital content, GPU etc

Console #2

I log in.

I can play the same digital content, GPU etc?
  6. Ozzig Win User

Fantastic !! Thank you :)

Checked last night, made the Series S my home console.

Logged out.

Rebooted.

My son logged in and could play everything!

I've always had to log in first until now (sometimes to his annoyance as I'm at work :) )

Going back as far as when I got the old One S. Could my original 360 have been my home console all this time?

So when I get a second Series S, I log in as me *and* I still get to play everything? For free - no second GPU or extra digital purchases ???
Thema:

1. Gamepass Ultimate - Family Group - getting a second console - Similar Threads - Gamepass Ultimate Family

2. Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate: I bought the £1 14 days thing but the other account doesn’t allow them to play without downloading the game. c60880d3-995e-436c-aee4-92adf3170f99
  3. xbox Gamepass ultimate üyeliğine klasik oyunlar kataloğu

in XboX Insiders
    xbox Gamepass ultimate üyeliğine klasik oyunlar kataloğu: xbox gamepass ultimate'e özel ek bir oyun kataloğu olarak xbox 360'da ve orjinal xbox'da ve xbox one dönemlerin'de çıkmış sevilen veya bilinen oyunların olduğu bir katalog eklenirmi buna benzer...
  4. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  5. I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console: Hello why when I want to play gta5 online asks me to have the gamepass ultimate if I already have the gamepass console does not let me access gta online d4b8c623-b69a-4c0f-b618-4fa777756e67
  6. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  7. Is it possible to buy xbox gamepass ultimate with egyptian pounds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to buy xbox gamepass ultimate with egyptian pounds?: Im trying to buy xbox gamepass ultimate with egp but it wont let me because there is no egp currency on xbox console. Is there anyway to purchase xbox gamepass ultimate with egp?...
  8. How do I allow my kids to access gamepass ultimate for cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I allow my kids to access gamepass ultimate for cloud gaming?: My kids are under my primary account. When they try to access the cloud gaming, it tries to make them sign up for ultimate. Is there a way to allow them to access the ultimate subscription through...
  9. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...
  10. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...