Gamepass Ultimate – Cloud gaming connection problems on Android / no problems on WIN10

Discus and support Gamepass Ultimate – Cloud gaming connection problems on Android / no problems on WIN10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear fellow gamers! I have a weird issue with cloud gaming on my android devices. I have a valid subscription for the Gamepass ultimate, and can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickNerd521, Nov 24, 2021.

1. NickNerd521
    NickNerd521 Guest

Gamepass Ultimate – Cloud gaming connection problems on Android / no problems on WIN10

Dear fellow gamers!

I have a weird issue with cloud gaming on my android devices. I have a valid subscription for the Gamepass ultimate, and can without problems connect and play from my laptop on Windows 10, both via WLAN and hardwired.

Problems arise when I try to use the app on my android devices, as I can’t stream the games. The problem seems to be a connection to the Microsoft servers, as – interesting enough – I can neither use the Game Pass app (except for browsing, if I have been logged in before) nor even log into the Microsoft website on login.live.com (connection timeout).

My network knowledge is rather limited, but I tried to rule out a couple of things already:

- Cleared the cache of the Game Pass app as suggested in the troubleshooting faqs (didn’t help, but due to the problem with the MS website not reachable, I don’t think that is the issue)

- Reinstalled the app (no effect)

- Changed the DNS server (no effect)

After checking around a bit, I discovered a temporary solution: changing my (internal) IP address of the device. I got my router to issue a new IP address (not used by the device before), and I could connect…for a while. After about 15min or so, the issue arises again (it kind of catches up on me).

I ruled out other devices in the same network using the same IP address, as I created a separate subnet with a whole different IP range just for this one device, and again…working for about 15min.

Again, no problem at all connecting from the desktop/Win 10 client, so it must be related to the android device somehow, as I also tried it with two different ones (smartphone and tablet).

I highly suspect it is an internal problem with my network setup, as – lack of proper knowledge to be excused if you may – from my understanding my external IP address will always be the same, regardless of what device I connect from in my home network.

Any help would be appreciated, because when it is working, using the cloud gaming feature on Android is a blast.

Thank you for your time and potential support,

Nick

:)

NickNerd521, Nov 24, 2021
  2. NickNerd521 Win User

Short update: I was finally able to resolve it, as I found the solution online.

In case anybody else has the same or a similar problem: even though I still don't understand why it only affected the android devices, the solution was to change the primary DNS on those devices to the Google DNS with 8.8.8.8. Haven't had the problem since doing that.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

What Android device are you trying to use this with?
  4. NickNerd521 Win User

Thanks for getting back to me - tried it with 2 different devices, a Samsung tablet and a Samsung smartphone, both on Android 11. Also, when I play/stream a game, it doesn't disconnect me, only when I exit and want to switch to another one after (let's say) about 15min, I can't reconnect unless I change the IP address again.
  5. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Can't pre-install Gears 5 with Xbox (Beta) app using Ultimate Game Pass

I had trouble installing games on the ultimate gamepass on the pc, I updated Win10 and everything went normal.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft and Xbox Game Pass Fraud by Customer Support

Ultimate also works on pc

You just get the pc libraries and the cloud play

Gamepass for console.has xbox games

Gamepass for.pc.has pc.only games

Gamepass ultimate has.both and cloud play

You can't access console.games on pc unless cloud

Same.with console.can't access pc games part of ultimate
Thema:

1. Gamepass Ultimate – Cloud gaming connection problems on Android / no problems on WIN10 - Similar Threads - Gamepass Ultimate –

2. Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate: I bought the £1 14 days thing but the other account doesn’t allow them to play without downloading the game. c60880d3-995e-436c-aee4-92adf3170f99
  3. xbox Gamepass ultimate üyeliğine klasik oyunlar kataloğu

in XboX Insiders
    xbox Gamepass ultimate üyeliğine klasik oyunlar kataloğu: xbox gamepass ultimate'e özel ek bir oyun kataloğu olarak xbox 360'da ve orjinal xbox'da ve xbox one dönemlerin'de çıkmış sevilen veya bilinen oyunların olduğu bir katalog eklenirmi buna benzer...
  4. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  5. I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console: Hello why when I want to play gta5 online asks me to have the gamepass ultimate if I already have the gamepass console does not let me access gta online d4b8c623-b69a-4c0f-b618-4fa777756e67
  6. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  7. Is it possible to buy xbox gamepass ultimate with egyptian pounds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to buy xbox gamepass ultimate with egyptian pounds?: Im trying to buy xbox gamepass ultimate with egp but it wont let me because there is no egp currency on xbox console. Is there anyway to purchase xbox gamepass ultimate with egp?...
  8. How do I allow my kids to access gamepass ultimate for cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I allow my kids to access gamepass ultimate for cloud gaming?: My kids are under my primary account. When they try to access the cloud gaming, it tries to make them sign up for ultimate. Is there a way to allow them to access the ultimate subscription through...
  9. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...
  10. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...