Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why?

Discus and support Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently downloaded State of Decay 2 from Gamepass and have clocked countless hours, only to learn my save files are inaccessible to load at later... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DisappointedGamer, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why?

I recently downloaded State of Decay 2 from Gamepass and have clocked countless hours, only to learn my save files are inaccessible to load at later time/date. There is a game save file that I can see in the game management section (outside of the game), but it doesn't appear to be syncing to the game for whatever reason. Please help! Who wants to waste their time starting from scratch every game? Don't want to believe Gamepass is putting out faulty content...

:)

DisappointedGamer, Oct 29, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

DisappointedGamer, this can usually be caused by a network error that prevents correct synchronization.

let's check

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

Alright, let's try this here then

Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, wait for it to turn off. Unplug it. Now wait 1 minute before turning it on.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

And try enter the game, mate.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Joc Holliday Win User

Accidentally Deleted Progress in RDR2

If you saved over a file and it sync to the cloud. You game progress is lost. You can try running the Xbox Offline and see if your able to load the game from the local file.

If that doesnt work delete the local saved file like Parity said and maybe the cloud didnt catch or sync the saved game progress.
  4. Nashiq Win User

Cloud Gaming saves (browser based gamepass)

This morning it loaded the old save that I had progressed in once more. I think I'm stuck with that one.

I can only assume that if the server says it can't find your save file and you start a new game, any progress you make will be overwritten once it finds the save file once again. Luckily I only lost about 3 hours.
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Fallout 4 save files

Disconnect your Xbox from the network so it is offline.

Load Fallout

It should default to looking at your local save files. Load the latest one and you should hopefully see your save with latest progress.

Load up that save file and then reconnect to the Internet.

Then save you game again, you might see a version difference pop-up and make sure you select the option of using your local save as the primary and the cloud should get updated with that correct save.

You may need to load up a few of the save files to find the one you want as Fallout 4 creates multiple saves.

If the save isn't available locally, it is likely your progress is lost unfortunately.
  6. overkiller1987 Win User

Deleteing records

this explanation helped with my lost data i just had to go in to the docs capcom file and rename old gamer tag save data file to new gamer tag name all progress and saves now load no problem thanks
Thema:

1. Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why? - Similar Threads - Gamepass save file

2. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  3. if i buy a game that left gamepass and i rebuy it, will it save through the cloud on my pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy a game that left gamepass and i rebuy it, will it save through the cloud on my pc?: I wanted to buy persona 5 royal but it left game pass and wanted to know if i could still play my old save data on my pc cb65989d-686a-407e-8bd7-25355db4feae
  4. Will signing into my xbox gamepass PC account erase my friend’s Starfield save data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will signing into my xbox gamepass PC account erase my friend’s Starfield save data?: My friend plays Starfield on Xbox Gamepass PC and I’m staying with them for a while and have no access to my own PC. I, too, have xbox gamepass PC and was wondering if I signed into my xbox...
  5. Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?: EDIT: After running Xbox App repair on Starfield, redownloading 113+ GB, my save games are back!!!! Still not sure where save game files are located. I would VERY much like to backup my saves...
  6. Can Starfield saves from Gamepass be copied to Steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Starfield saves from Gamepass be copied to Steam?: I would like to try the game at launch on Gamepass because I can't afford to buy it yet, but once I could, I would buy it on Steam because I have a Steam Deck too. (Hopefully it will work on it,...
  7. my save data isnt synced in pc gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my save data isnt synced in pc gamepass: My dead cells save data isnt syncing. i was playing on a different computer before, and now i cant find my save. can someone please help. 790730e2-0271-446d-88c0-06f6bdbb6199
  8. Is it possible to request my Forza Horizon 5 save file for the Gamepass version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to request my Forza Horizon 5 save file for the Gamepass version?: Not sure if this is where this goes but idk your site is impossible to navigate and isn't in dark mode. So I am going to up front completely as I don't feel like finagling here, I had the Game...
  9. Outer Worlds (PC Gamepass) Save File Sync Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer Worlds (PC Gamepass) Save File Sync Issue: I have been playing The Outer Worlds on PC Gamepass for the past few days on two different PCs. I have the same issue every time. When I move from one PC to the other to play them game, the save...
  10. Outer Worlds (PC Gamepass version) save file doesn't work when I'm signed into Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer Worlds (PC Gamepass version) save file doesn't work when I'm signed into Xbox: Started playing Outer Worlds today and I started it up with my internet turned off. Now when I start the game while the internet is turned on and signed into my Xbox Live. How can I fix this so I...