GamePass Question for the Community!

Discus and support GamePass Question for the Community! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Everyone! I have a question concerning GamePass. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to lock in a Series X pre-order, but I am hoping to get one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DurangedDyln, Nov 9, 2020.

1. DurangedDyln
    DurangedDyln Guest

Hey Everyone!

I have a question concerning GamePass. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to lock in a Series X pre-order, but I am hoping to get one before Christmas. If I do happen to find and get one before Christmas, I want to give my Dad my Xbox One S All Digital Edition
    as a Christmas Present. He hasn't played a game since the Super Nintendo / Nintendo 64 era so I think a console with GamePass where he can pick and choose what games he wants to try and play is a way to get him back into video games, even if it's for only
    like an hour a night lol.

Now onto the question. I am planning on doing the Xbox All Access approach to the Series X that way I have two full years of GamePass. Now I want to know if I'm able to basically SHARE my GamePass with my Dad. Two different consoles. Two different Xbox accounts.
    Is there a way I can make this work? They'll both be on the same network and both probably hardwired to the router. The X1 might be Wi-Fi. I don't know what he'll wanna do.

In case you were wondering, the Series X will be in my room and the X1 will be in the basement where my parents tend to hang out.

:)

DurangedDyln, Nov 9, 2020
  2. wi7bit Win User

I'm afraid this is not possible (or at least not easy to do). You can share your Xbox Live Gold subscription and Game Pass games with other accounts only on one console you designated as your home Xbox. You can change your home Xbox five times per
    year, but all games you install on the previous home Xbox will be playable when you are signed in to it. You can read more about this in this
    article
    Errr.... you may need to re-look at the this, because as dempup said, this is easy to do and is what it was designed for.

In your situation, all you need to do, is to make sure that the console you are giving to your dad (the One S) is set as your home console. Then he will be able to use your subscriptions. You will still be able to use your subscription on any console you
    login to. Which in your case, will be your new Series X.

The only downside is that your dad will not be able to use your Series X without you signing in first. But this is not required in the One S, as this will be set as your home console.

Simple!
  3. dempup Win User

Hi DurangedDyln.

Yes, that is possible. With home sharing, you can share the Gold Live, Game Pass games and some purchases from the MS store within your household.

4. toszcze pl Win User

I'm afraid this is not possible (or at least not easy to do). You can share your Xbox Live Gold subscription and Game Pass games with other accounts only on one console you designated as your home Xbox. You can change your home Xbox five times per year,
    but all games you install on the previous home Xbox will be playable when you are signed in to it. You can read more about this in this article.
  5. toszcze pl Win User

Errr.... you may need to re-look at the this, because as dempup said, this is easy to do and is what it was designed for.
    Yeah, you are right, my mistake... I was thinking about this in an opposite way (setting the console OP is using as a home Xbox) and this of course doesn't make any sense in this case. Sorry for the confusion.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why can't I use xbox live

Well question did you buy gamepass for console.or gamepass ultimate
Thema:

1. GamePass Question for the Community! - Similar Threads - GamePass Question Community

2. XBOX Gamepass Games Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Gamepass Games Question: Hi there, I have played Forza Horizon 5 in the past, using my Xbox gamepass with cloud gaming. Since I have last played, though, my gamepass has run out and I'm not interested in buying it again...
  3. a question about microsoft rewards and gamepass

in XBoX on Windows
    a question about microsoft rewards and gamepass: can u earn the rewards points by playing in the game pass app on my pc or just on console? 6f160cd3-da6b-4879-949a-1a162dafd4c9
  4. I have a question about discords xbox gamepass codes. i enter them in the field for the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question about discords xbox gamepass codes. i enter them in the field for the...: I have a question about discords xbox gamepass codes. i enter them in the field for the code and.. it doesnt work 7ea36693-dba4-40d8-906b-658a49f643ce
  5. Just got gamepass thro code and i have an question , is there an way to skip the option to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just got gamepass thro code and i have an question , is there an way to skip the option to...: Right here it says in polish that i need an crdit card or paypal to continue [img] 9d68d763-e51a-4ead-8c9b-f46c8ddc8b39
  6. Question about gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about gamepass: Hi, so I'm thinking about the Microsoft gamepass, but is there two different versions depending on PC and Xbox? Also, if there's only one version and not two, can multiple accounts share the same...
  7. Question about Gamepass xCloud service

in XBoX on Mobile
    Question about Gamepass xCloud service: [Beforehand I want to apologize if someone already asked this same question before and also for my terrible english — This is not my native language] Soooo let's simplify everything: I have an...
  8. Gamepass deal question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamepass deal question: Just wondering if there is a way to take part in the gamepass deal 3 months for a dollar if I've only been subscribed since April 26 2021. 0d362c84-66e3-423d-8014-1fa186ed74dc
  9. Gamepass question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass question: My friend and I have gamepass, but he has poor internet. Is it possible to download the gamepass games onto a hard drive and then give him the drive? Or would I have to just have to connect his...
  10. Ok, suipid Question for Gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ok, suipid Question for Gamepass: Hi there, i have 2 Months of GamePass Ultimate Xbox/PC to go, what happens when i now buy a 3 Month of Gold or GamePass (without Ultimate) 6a1c7e1c-c735-4660-b7ba-27ab077252f1