Gamepass PC doesn't recognise wireless controller

Discus and support Gamepass PC doesn't recognise wireless controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Gamepass on PC doesn't recognise my PS5 controller, despite Windows itself showing that it is both connected and working. Here's a screenshot of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Drumbo2000, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Drumbo2000
    Drumbo2000 Guest

Gamepass on PC doesn't recognise my PS5 controller, despite Windows itself showing that it is both connected and working.

Here's a screenshot of the joypad calibration / testing screen included in windows. I've pushed some of the buttons and moved the joysticks to show that the input is being acknowledged

Gamepass PC doesn't recognise wireless controller [​IMG]

However, when I open any gamepass game, there is zero input shown. Things I have tried that haven't worked:

Pairing and re-pairing the controller (no change in behaviour)

Connecting the controller via USB (doesm't work)

DS4Windows (doesn't seem to pick up the controller either)

Launching the game through Steam (steam's input doesn't hand over to the game)

Closing Steam and ensuring the pad is connected before launching the XBox app

The games I'm trying to run are Hi Fi Rush and Ninja Gaiden.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, or at worst a feature request, but if Windows is showing the controller working, why doesn't anything on game pass recognise it?

:)

Drumbo2000, Jan 27, 2023
  2. gds1972 Win User

Removing connection between controller and Xbox One

Once you have synced the controller with the PC wireless adapter the console should no longer recognise it afterwards.
  3. SackManiac Win User

Dear Microsoft, please give us the ability to support hardware ourselves in Forza games.

I'm actually trying to get this to work on PC, I'm very much aware that if this was Xbox it wouldn't be possible as much as part of me wishes it was (even in a limited fashion). The issue I have on PC is that the game doesn't recognise the controller at all (just says it's incompatible) or allow me to create any key bindings with the controller. I am using an official Xbox 360 wireless adapter on the PC side and it's worked with other controllers so I know it's not the adapter.
  4. schnurren Win User

我的xbox无线适配器无法和xbox one手柄连接 I can't connect the xbox one wireless controller with the wireless adapter

Hello ziyiJiang,

Are you using Windows 10? If you are, Windows 10 should recognise the wireless adapter directly. Is the adapter the original one from Microsoft or a third party one?

In case is the official one, follow the instructions described in this url : https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc

In case it doesn't work, maybe the adapter is malfunctioning. You should take it to the shop and get it changed for a working one.
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Xbox 360 controller for Windows 8.1

The Play and Charge kit doesn't allow a wireless controller to connect to a PC as a game pad. You'll need the wireless gaming receiver for a wireless controller to connect.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Cable play&charge to windows 10

Hi,

When using this cable on a 360 it will allow you to continue to play while charging. It doesn't make the wireless 360 controller a wired controller, in fact the controller remains wireless.

Hence, if you plug this into a 360 controller and a PC, it will just charge the battery - or power the controller if no battery is present. It won't make the controller wired. This is because the 360 wireless controller was only designed to be wireless.

To use a 360 wireless controller on your PC, you'll need a 360 Game Receiver.
Thema:

1. Gamepass PC doesn't recognise wireless controller - Similar Threads - Gamepass doesn't recognise

2. Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all: Hi, Website for gamepass pc doesn't work in Montenegro, even though it says that it is supported region. It displays error: The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer...
  3. How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...: We have acquired the ultimate game pass - it works on my parents account but it doesnt work on mine. I have tried to change it from Home xbox to not my home xbox and then change it back to my...
  4. Games from gamepass doesn't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games from gamepass doesn't launch: I have a xbox one S and have problem playing any games. Its been a year since i had gamepass and recently i got it. I downloaded some games from gamepass, no one worked. Black screen or the...
  5. My gamepass and store suddenly don't work and the cloud gaming doesn't work either help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gamepass and store suddenly don't work and the cloud gaming doesn't work either help: I bought the ultimate gamepass I checked my subscription and it is active until 10/15/23 and it worked for awhile on my phone then I hop back on the my Xbox and the store doesn't recognize that I...
  6. The left stick on my official xbox controller doesn't work properly when I use gamepass for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The left stick on my official xbox controller doesn't work properly when I use gamepass for PC: It's just like the title says. I bought an official controller, and it works properly when I use Steam. However, it doesn't for gamepass titles such as Halo collection, FH5, ori... For example,...
  7. My Gamepass PC doesn't have Yakuza series in game library (only Yakuza Like a Dragon and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Gamepass PC doesn't have Yakuza series in game library (only Yakuza Like a Dragon and...: It is already 7 July 2022 ... and Yakuza 0-Yakuza Kiwami 2 supposed to be released in Gamepass PC. But, in my gamepass account there are only 2 Yakuza games (Yakuza Like a Dragon and Yakuza...
  8. Gamepass ultimate doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass ultimate doesn't work: Ever since i got my subscription no games work at all for me, i tried signing out and back in countless times, power cycled countless times, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, windows 11...
  9. The gamepass doesn't open my games, I don't know if it's a problem with my pc or windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The gamepass doesn't open my games, I don't know if it's a problem with my pc or windows.: The gamepass hasn't opened my games for days, the strange thing is that I don't even get an error screen, only a program with a generic icon, runs for a fraction of a second and then nothing...
  10. PC Gamepass: F4SE works....but then doesn't

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass: F4SE works....but then doesn't: So I ended up moving fallout 4 to a new folder and, using Vortex, implemented multiple mods which used script extender with no issues. Vortex found my copy of Fallout 4 no problem and would...