Gamepass only works on different user account

Discus and support Gamepass only works on different user account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bizarre issue, I've been having problems with the xbox app on my windows 10 PC where I can't load any games or install anything new, even games I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WillThomas4, Feb 25, 2023.

1. WillThomas4
    WillThomas4 Guest

Bizarre issue, I've been having problems with the xbox app on my windows 10 PC where I can't load any games or install anything new, even games I bought that weren't on gamepass.

• Tried installing from the MS store, just gives an error after download starts
    • The Regedit Trick after deleting every registry associated with gaming services
    • Both Powershell install/uninstall tricks
    • Manually resetting both the MS Store and the Xbox App
    • Logging out and logging in about a hundred times
    • Repairing system errors (SFC /Scannow etc)
    • Did a system restore to before the issue was happening, proving that a windows reinstall wouldn't work
    • Reinstalled (Via CMD prompt) every single core Windows service
    • Run the troubleshooter
    • Re-registered the gaming services app
    • Tried the IPV6 trick
    • Cleaned out Temp Folders
    • "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth"
    Gamepass just doesn't let me download anything and now playing games just doesn't work either, and now installed games aren't even showing up

However, as a last ditch effort, I created a secondary account on my pc (a different user account with all the same information) and it works perfectly fine, everything installs correctly, it's just a pain to have to sign out to another account.

:)

WillThomas4, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Just to clarify, are you using the account that has the plan or Game Pass?
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

I can't buy Game Pass. On account i have 33 zł, Game Pass cost 1zl and i still can't buy IT. I event can't buy free 14 days.

The 14 day trial is only for 1st time users. If you used gamepass before you wont be able to use it.

As for buying gamepass with your account, it os not possible to buy gamepass with the credit on your account. Only by credit card or paypal.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Can't Change Game Pass Subscription

The pc version is the same it's only gamepass that's different

The difference is with xgu and gamepass is your get gamestreaming
  5. ngocphi Win User

When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold...

The gamepass and the gold.marketplace are completely different sections

If you goto.the games with gold marketplace you can download from.there

Gamepass has its.own special section

Keep.in mind your account must.be actual gold for.xbox 360 games.with gold as homegold only applies to.xbox one

Gamepass only applies to.the purchasing account

This doesnt apply to xgu of course
  6. ngocphi Win User

Wont get EA-play with game pass ultimate

Ea play and other gamepass benefits only work with.the account that has gamepass

Pc does.NOT have.a home.console function
Thema:

1. Gamepass only works on different user account - Similar Threads - Gamepass works different

2. Quest 3 gamepass/gamecloud on meta hong kong not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quest 3 gamepass/gamecloud on meta hong kong not work.: Quest 3 gamepass hong kong not work. Will it ever work? Very disspointed as no returns for hardware in Hong Kong. Is it possible i choose American region on account gamepass pc but not sure how to...
  3. Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all: Hi, Website for gamepass pc doesn't work in Montenegro, even though it says that it is supported region. It displays error: The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer...
  4. XBox Controller no longer working wirelessly on PC Gamepass Online

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller no longer working wirelessly on PC Gamepass Online: This has normally worked fine - and I use an XBOX wireless controller. The XBox controller pairs and connects to the PC fine, and works for regular PC games - but now whenever starting XBox...
  5. Xbox PC Gamepass only working on some games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC Gamepass only working on some games: Whenever I try to download rainbow six siege with my PC Gamepass, the download button doesnt load at all and just shows the loading symbol infinitely, however when I go to a different game such as...
  6. gamepass quests still not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gamepass quests still not working: I just unlocked a achievement in forza horizion 5 andthe gamepass quest for earn a a chievement in game pass has not complete but the quest for play game pass game....
  7. Online mode on Forza Horizon 5 not working with GamePass Console only

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online mode on Forza Horizon 5 not working with GamePass Console only: I just bought an Xbox Series S and signed the gamepass console, downloaded the Forza Horizon 5 but when I try to enter online in a convoy with my friends the game offers me to sing the gamepass...
  8. Will Gamepass ultimate that is Bought and Redeemed in the US work in the Philippines? (Xbox)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Gamepass ultimate that is Bought and Redeemed in the US work in the Philippines? (Xbox): Im going to the Philippines on May, i’m planning to bring my Xbox Series S, i’m wondering if a Gamepass ultimate that was bought and redeemed in the US will work in the Philippines (Online and...
  9. Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive: As the title says, when installed to my two other drives, d and e, the games will sometimes start and run before shutting down instantly. Or they won't start at all, giving the message, "(game)...
  10. Why is game sharing working with gamepass but not Xbox live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is game sharing working with gamepass but not Xbox live?: My friend and I just started game sharing. I have game pass ultimate and he doesn’t. We both set my home Xbox for each others accounts and now he has access to game pass games, but still can’t...