Gamepass Games Won't Respond at Title Screen

Discus and support Gamepass Games Won't Respond at Title Screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello again, I recently asked a question about my Gamepass games not downloading on my PC due to an app data conflict error. Someone was kind enough... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by poodiggity, Sep 18, 2021.

1. poodiggity
    poodiggity Guest

Hello again,

I recently asked a question about my Gamepass games not downloading on my PC due to an app data conflict error. Someone was kind enough to tip me off to just reinstall windows completely (kind of a chore, but it worked). I was able to download the title I wanted--Control--but now when I launch the game, it boots to the title screen but won't respond when I press 'Enter' or literally any other commands.

Anything but Terminating the app via Settings or Task Manager is the only way to get out of this screen. Alt+F4 crashes it.

On my last PC, when I launched a Gamepass game for the first time, it would briefly open a second window authenticating me as a Gamepass user. I'm not seeing that screen with Control, so I'm guessing that might be part of the issue.

I haven't tested whether or not this is happening with other Gamepass titles because, frankly, I'm hesitant to keep using the service at all after two straight days of random errors and updates and cache flushes and base app redownloading. This is approaching clown-show levels of roadblocking. None of my other gaming clients are behaving poorly in this way.

:)

poodiggity, Sep 18, 2021
  2. poodiggity Win User

Hey Sammy, thanks for dropping a response!

Unfortunately, this didn't work, as the game isn't necessarily crashing, it's just not responding to commands. I suspect there's an authorization screen that needs to come up but isn't for some reason.
  3. SammyVS Win User

So the problem is with the game. I recommend contacting the game developer to help you further in this.
  4. poodiggity Win User

This seemed so promising as some of those services weren't set to Automatic and weren't Started, but it didn't work. In the meantime, I downloaded and launched a different title (Evil Within 2) and it's working just fine--the authentication screen worked on that game.
  5. SammyVS Win User

See if these steps help you, please.

Press the Windows Button then type Services.

Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.

Then select Run as Administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager,

Xbox Live Game Save,

Xbox Live Networking Service.

Do this with each of the services listed above.

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

Then try the game again.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Thema:

1. Gamepass Games Won't Respond at Title Screen - Similar Threads - Gamepass Games Won't

2. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  3. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  4. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....
  5. Xbox gamepass app on pc won't install games, won't show already downloaded games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass app on pc won't install games, won't show already downloaded games: I have contacted microsoft by phone and been hung up on twice.. I have reset and repaired my store app, reset and repaired my gamepass app, uninstalled and reinstalled the gamepass app. signed out...
  6. Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.: I bought and own Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store in 2018. I have played it for years, but now I get the error "Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current, try...
  7. PC Gamepass game won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass game won't install: I've had pc gamepass for a while, and I wasn't managing my storage correctly so I installed ARK to a external harddrive. Now I can't find that harddrive and I want to download the new pack....
  8. XBox GamePass for PC - Halo:MCC and Infinite won't login at game launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox GamePass for PC - Halo:MCC and Infinite won't login at game launch: Example: [img] I've checked: * My GamePass for PC subscription is active * I'm logged into the XBox App (for PC) * Firewall I've tried: * Installing all Windows 10 updates * Restarting...
  9. With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...

in XBoX on Windows
    With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...: So for a bit of backstory, I recently bought a PS5 Controller to replace my aging Xbox One controller for use on my PC. No problem with any other game on any platform, Steam, GOG, UPlay, etc....
  10. Gamepass Game won't start, asks me to buy it

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass Game won't start, asks me to buy it: I was playing Devil may cry 5, closed it up and played another Gamepass game for a whilez when trying to return to DmC it woyld't start, keeps telling me to sign with the account that has the game...