Gamepass games patching issues

Discus and support Gamepass games patching issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I play quite a few games from gamepass on PC, Marvel Avengers / FH5 / AoE4 on Windows 10. Every time there is any kind of update for any of these games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mullins1060, Jan 8, 2022.

  1. Mullins1060
    Mullins1060 Guest

    Gamepass games patching issues


    I play quite a few games from gamepass on PC, Marvel Avengers / FH5 / AoE4 on Windows 10. Every time there is any kind of update for any of these games it fails saying I have a lack of space (only 60gb free on my game drive) and the only way to get the game to update is to delete the game and re-download it from scratch. Why can games not update incrementally, why do I have to redownload games completly from scratch each time, this is tedious, annoying and not to mention it is prematurely killing my ssd with the massive ammount of extra data writes it is requiring. There should be no need for it to re-download all of the game data when the patch should be a fraction of the size.

    Please can anyone assist me, thank you.

    :)
     
    Mullins1060, Jan 8, 2022
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Gamepass games patching issues

    Yes please. You're welcome
  3. Jesse E' Win User

    Gamepass games patching issues

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Try this: Go to Windows settings >> Apps >> Xbox >> Advanced >> Repair & Reset.

    After doing that, Perform the same steps for Gaming Services and Microsoft Store as well.
  4. Mullins1060 Win User

    Gamepass games patching issues

    Okay, I will mark your post with a "yes this solves my problem" once the next updates come out and I can confirm if it has worked.

    Thank you
  5. Mullins1060 Win User

    Gamepass games patching issues

    Okay I have done these steps, Marvel Avengers still shows up like it needs a 114gb download. Will I have to delete the app and install from scratch this time and then wait for the next game updates to be released to see if these steps have worked?

    Thanks
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Is there a way to patch a game on GamePass?

    they did patch the game, but that doesn't mean that necessarily was causing the glitch can be fixed for the patch. Sometimes the save is corrupted and you'll have to start over

    you would have to contact Bethesda support for help with their game

    https://help.bethesda.net
Thema:

Gamepass games patching issues

Loading...
  1. Gamepass games patching issues - Similar Threads - Gamepass games patching

  2. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  3. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  4. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  5. Why cant i play rugby league 26 with cloud gaming even tho i have gamepass ultimate

    in XboX Insiders
    Why cant i play rugby league 26 with cloud gaming even tho i have gamepass ultimate: Game purchase required. Cloud playable with gamepass essential, premium, ultimate. can someone explain what it means? submitted by /u/jjbapeakwatcher [link] [comments]
  6. Borrow game feature. With gamepass. Lets up to 4 friends borrow any game in you library for...

    in XboX Insiders
    Borrow game feature. With gamepass. Lets up to 4 friends borrow any game in you library for...: Ok this was just a thought. Why does xbox come out with a borrow game feature? That would give people a great reason to come back to game pass. Now hear me out. If one of your freinds have a game...
  7. I cant download games on pc gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    I cant download games on pc gamepass: So I’ve never had this problem before, but every time I try to download any game on my pc gamepass subscription, the same error keeps popping up. I’ve checked my network and everything seems to be...
  8. PC doesn’t show INSTALL on GamePass games under ultimate subscription

    in XboX Insiders
    PC doesn’t show INSTALL on GamePass games under ultimate subscription: I have GamePass Ultimate, I can install games on my Xbox Series X, but on my Windows 11 PC the GamePass games show: "Included with GamePass. Your plan: GamePass Ultimate", and the only button...
  9. Xbox not letting me play online gamepass games after signing in and trying to play on my laptop

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox not letting me play online gamepass games after signing in and trying to play on my laptop: My fiancée and I play online together with me playing the game on my laptop and her playing on the Xbox. Been doing it for a while now but all of a sudden if I’m online on the laptop, it says she...
  10. Is there a way to patch a game on GamePass?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to patch a game on GamePass?: I’m still stuck on one of the last levels of Indians Jones and the Great Circle. It’s a glitch where Gina gets frozen in a tomb passage and can’t move. The last update by Bethesda was supposed to...