Gamepass games opening Microsoft store instead of playing

Discus and support Gamepass games opening Microsoft store instead of playing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have Xbox Gamepass Ultimate so I have downloaded many games from that onto my PC. Recently all of my gamepass games that aren't downloaded through EA... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MoonLunatic2914, May 24, 2021.

  1. Gamepass games opening Microsoft store instead of playing


    I have Xbox Gamepass Ultimate so I have downloaded many games from that onto my PC. Recently all of my gamepass games that aren't downloaded through EA Play have disappeared from my library . Even the desktop shortcuts and files on my computer take me to the Microsoft Store with the Gaming Services app open. I tried to install it but that didn't help.

    :)
     
    MoonLunatic2914, May 24, 2021
    #1
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

    Gamepass games opening Microsoft store instead of playing

  3. DevikM Win User

    Xbox game pass

    I think it is because you are trying to download Sea of thieves instead of the anniversary edition.

    Try this:

    Open the Microsoft Store(No the gamepass app), then search for Sea of thieves: Anniversary Edition and try to download that.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

    "Game is currently not available in your account." Error code 0x87E10BD0 for all Xbox Game Pass games

    Really? Have you tried, instead of downloading via the gamepass app, using Microsoft store?
  5. Steven_720 Win User

    Can not install MSFS premium deluxe edition.

    Edit* I managed to solve the issue by installing the simulator through the Microsoft store instead of using gamepass.
  6. Seethingmad-[xboxven Win User

    Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

    If not already solved (on PC, Game Pass), instead of starting via the game link on desktop / program list, instead open the microsoft game store and navigate to MS FS and click play.

    Worked for me after prompting a quick update.
Thema:

Gamepass games opening Microsoft store instead of playing

Loading...
  1. Gamepass games opening Microsoft store instead of playing - Similar Threads - Gamepass games opening

  2. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  3. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  4. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  5. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  6. PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.: All of a sudden when I go to play Fallout 76 on my PC via Xbox game pass the game starts up just as it always had except now right when its at the title screen the game seemingly crashes with no...
  7. How do i fix not being able to open games off of gamepass

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix not being able to open games off of gamepass: Hi, I got gamepass about a week ago and i wanted to try out Insurgency: Sandstorm. I downloaded both games, but am met with a frowny face next to a greyed out "play button" When I click on play...
  8. Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC: Had Gamepass for a while now and have played multiple other games decided to download Grounded to play with friends but whenever I try to open it, it says "launching game" for around 5-10 seconds...
  9. why dose my gamepass game that i just installed on my pc not open

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    why dose my gamepass game that i just installed on my pc not open: so i just installed a game using the Xbox app and it installed normally but when i try to open it it works for a bit then closes and i try to see a windows update but there was no update for it...
  10. How to Open Gamepass Game on Second PC

    in XBoX on Windows
    How to Open Gamepass Game on Second PC: Forgive me if the answer is already somewhere in the forums but I could not find a solution. Basically, I installed Fallout 4 via Game Pass for PC to my external HDD. It works great. But, I want...