Gamepass Games on PC won't download.

Discus and support Gamepass Games on PC won't download. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer, and in order to save storage space, bought two external hardrives (both seagate); one is hard-lined to power, the other... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThEngineer91, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ThEngineer91
    ThEngineer91 Guest

I recently got a new computer, and in order to save storage space, bought two external hardrives (both seagate); one is hard-lined to power, the other is portable.

I was able too get the games to install to the larger wall plugged storage device, but can't get them to download to the portable one.

Steam works just fine; but any XBOX GamePass game I try to download gives me the error code: 0x00000001 (think thats the right number of zeros.)

I have formatted the drive twice, removed and reinserted and restarted multiple times.

Please assist, thank you!

:)

ThEngineer91, Sep 20, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue.

Before we try any different solutions, please check if your windows are updated to version 21h1, if not update it.

To update your windows follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

*If updating the computer does not resolve the issue, or if there are no updates to be made, I recommend trying the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

PC reboot

Install gaming service like you would normally

Solution 2:

Go to your windows settings, go to the tab>applications and resources>Search for Gaming Services, click on it, go to advanced options, and tap repair.

*If it doesn't work, try the alternative below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

I paid for Xbox game pass for the pc but didn't get it.

download the xbox app and sign in with your account that has gamepass pc, then download the games from gamepass pc.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Some games are unavailable to be installed/purchased on GamePass Ultimate Windows 10, yet they are available on my Xbox console.

pc gamepass has different games to the console gamepass, some of the games on the console gamepass won't be available to the windows gamepass due to resctrictions or only being available on other stores like epic and steam.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Ark Genesis separate on Xbox and Windows 10.

If the game is different for Xbox vs. PC then it should be the same on GamePass. The Xbox version won't load on a PC.
  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Does DLC for ark bought on xbox app Pc transfer to console?

If the game is different for Xbox vs. PC then it should be the same on GamePass. The Xbox version won't load on a PC.
Thema:

1. Gamepass Games on PC won't download. - Similar Threads - Gamepass Games won't

2. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  3. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  4. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....
  5. Xbox gamepass app on pc won't install games, won't show already downloaded games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass app on pc won't install games, won't show already downloaded games: I have contacted microsoft by phone and been hung up on twice.. I have reset and repaired my store app, reset and repaired my gamepass app, uninstalled and reinstalled the gamepass app. signed out...
  6. Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.: I bought and own Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store in 2018. I have played it for years, but now I get the error "Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current, try...
  7. PC Gamepass game won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass game won't install: I've had pc gamepass for a while, and I wasn't managing my storage correctly so I installed ARK to a external harddrive. Now I can't find that harddrive and I want to download the new pack....
  8. XBox GamePass for PC - Halo:MCC and Infinite won't login at game launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox GamePass for PC - Halo:MCC and Infinite won't login at game launch: Example: [img] I've checked: * My GamePass for PC subscription is active * I'm logged into the XBox App (for PC) * Firewall I've tried: * Installing all Windows 10 updates * Restarting...
  9. With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...

in XBoX on Windows
    With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...: So for a bit of backstory, I recently bought a PS5 Controller to replace my aging Xbox One controller for use on my PC. No problem with any other game on any platform, Steam, GOG, UPlay, etc....
  10. Gamepass Game won't start, asks me to buy it

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass Game won't start, asks me to buy it: I was playing Devil may cry 5, closed it up and played another Gamepass game for a whilez when trying to return to DmC it woyld't start, keeps telling me to sign with the account that has the game...