Gamepass game being stuck on sync

Discus and support Gamepass game being stuck on sync in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been playing this game I got on gamepass recently (no man's sky) and I've been having issues with opening it. I've been waiting about 20... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Seth Garritt, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Seth Garritt
    Seth Garritt Guest

Hello,

I've been playing this game I got on gamepass recently (no man's sky) and I've been having issues with opening it. I've been waiting about 20 minutes for it to sync but it appears to not be doing anything. I've tried updating my computer etc, and I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. If someone would help I would be very grateful.

For extra information I am playing on PC

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming***

:)

Seth Garritt, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Seth Garritt,

Indeed, an app update could fix this stuck issue. We're glad that we were able to help you resolve your concern.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please feel free to mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts).

Kind regards,

3. Seth Garritt Win User

Hello,

I have fixed the issue it was due to a software updating not having been installed. Thanks for the recommendation to check that!
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Seth Garritt,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to launch an Xbox Game Pass game - No Man's Sky and the game got stuck on syncing. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Stuck on syncing while the game launches could be related to the incompatibility of the apps or system, playing offline, update needed to be installed and there may be software that limits the game to be launched. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. Are all Xbox Game Pass games get stuck while launching?
    2. Is your Xbox app set to offline gaming? Please check through Microsoft Store, go to settings and disable Offline permissions/
    3. Please post a screenshot of the issue.
    4. May we ask of the version of your Windows device? Please try WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit enter.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Under launching problems: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. justinsteen Win User

Minecraft syncing error

There was an alert out for not being able to sign in, syncing your game with the cloud etc.

Should be fixed now.
    I just tried to go into minecraft, its still the same thing. Stuck at the syncing user data screen. I dont know if my game has something on it thats making it not work, but nothing is helping this.
  6. reshad-080CEF57-BC74 Win User

Xbox live server down

Cant even play offline game on XB1. As game syncs with XB1 LIVE server to sync up games saves or what not. All game are stuck at Syncing or Loading screen!
Thema:

1. Gamepass game being stuck on sync - Similar Threads - Gamepass game being

2. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  3. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  4. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  5. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  6. How do i fix not being able to open games off of gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix not being able to open games off of gamepass: Hi, I got gamepass about a week ago and i wanted to try out Insurgency: Sandstorm. I downloaded both games, but am met with a frowny face next to a greyed out "play button" When I click on play...
  7. I have Gamepass and its showing the Year 3 to be played but when in the game it does not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Gamepass and its showing the Year 3 to be played but when in the game it does not...: I have Gamepass and its showing the Year 3 to be played but when in the game it does not show the content. I can go to the Gamepass library and select year 3 and it gives me the options to play...
  8. Is there a way to request a game to be put on Gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to request a game to be put on Gamepass?: I just started playing Life is Strange Season 2 and I love it! I finished episode one but noticed I need to purchase episodes 2-5. I wouldn’t mind paying but after doing a little research I...
  9. Is there a way to request for a game to be added to Gamepass Ultimate?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to request for a game to be added to Gamepass Ultimate?: Is there any way for people to request games they would like to see added to xbox game pass ultimate? 6d069926-5ef9-4e85-8962-407b63caeee7
  10. Buyed Xbox gamepass but some game cant be downloaded for some reasons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buyed Xbox gamepass but some game cant be downloaded for some reasons: Hey guys! I'm quite new at the microsoft store thing, just subscribed at the xbox gamepass. I actually succesfully downloaded sea of thieves which is a xbox gamepass exclusive But i also wanted...