Gamepass either stuck on preparing or error code 0x00000001

Discus and support Gamepass either stuck on preparing or error code 0x00000001 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Gamepass almost since it released for PC and never had any issues with installing games on Win10. I recently upgraded my PC as well... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhilippSladek, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Gamepass either stuck on preparing or error code 0x00000001

I have been using Gamepass almost since it released for PC and never had any issues with installing games on Win10. I recently upgraded my PC as well as the OS (Win 11).

Since I have been using Win11 Gamepass doesn’t download games anymore. Most of the time it is just stuck at preparing. I already did another full reinstall of Win11 and tried basically any fix there is.

Is this a known issue and does anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: For anyone struggling with the same issue using a VPN worked for me. After restarting the app I am able to download anything without any issues.

:)

PhilippSladek, Jan 23, 2022
  2. PhilippSladek Win User

Hi, thanks for the reply but I already tried all of your suggestions. I also reinstalled Win11 thinking maybe there went something wrong during installation but no luck.

What actually fixed my problem is using a VPN to download games on the xbox app. I am using KasperskyVPN. It is very weird because all I need to do is start the download with a VPN enabled and once it’s started downloading it doesn’t matter if it is on or not. I successfully downloaded Halo, Forza 5 and flight sim without any issues that way.

It is a very weird bug but still, thank you very much for replying. It would be great if you could pass my issue and fix along to the technical team so maybe it can be fixed in the future. There seem to be a few people that were able to solve the issue the same way as me.

Thanks again and have a great day!
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi,PhilippSladek,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you struggle with installing games on PC game Pass after upgrading to Windows 11. I am happy to assist and suggest troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue. Would you please try the proposed solutions below

Solution 1: Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.
    2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.
    3. On the right side, look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it.
    4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it
    5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to default settings.
    Solution 2: Make sure you do not have other programs like

Anit-virus

Firewall

PC Optimizers

Blocking the game

Solution 3: Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type PowerShell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    3. get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    4. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    5. start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    6. Install the App on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    7. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Solution 4: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device.

Solution 5: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files. Sometimes corrupted files can cause issues.

Solution 6: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows . Sometimes you can have a situation with permissions or profile corruption. Please follow the steps in this link to see if that fixes the current issue you are having.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  4. Tessemi Win User

Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't download or update.

im sorry. that didn't do the trick either. thanks for the help though. it still gets stuck at "preparing 0%" and then errors. 0x00000001
  5. Latmild Win User

Error code 0x80070424 when trying to install state of decay juggernaut edition

Well, this sort of worked haha, it changed the error: now its stuck at preparing 0% but doesn't throw the previous error code, and instead stays stuck or gives me code 0x00000001.
  6. MT DEWSKY Win User

Forza Horizon 5 isnt downloading for xbox app

I can't get the game to download at all with the app. I get an error immediately after "Preparing 0%" and the code is 0x00000001.

I've already removed and reinstalled the gaming services app package through powershell, and my OS is up to date.

Technically, literally unplayable.
Thema:

1. Gamepass either stuck on preparing or error code 0x00000001 - Similar Threads - Gamepass either stuck

2. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  3. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  4. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  5. GamePass for PC error (0x80073b16}

in XBoX on Windows
    GamePass for PC error (0x80073b16}: Xbox GamePass for PC won't launch. Attempted to run repair tool, same error: (0x80073b16) b80adbf8-9a51-4cc9-98f9-dc1d52f9db6e
  6. My gamepass and store suddenly don't work and the cloud gaming doesn't work either help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gamepass and store suddenly don't work and the cloud gaming doesn't work either help: I bought the ultimate gamepass I checked my subscription and it is active until 10/15/23 and it worked for awhile on my phone then I hop back on the my Xbox and the store doesn't recognize that I...
  7. Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...: Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I can't sign in to my account. Every other MS app allows login. How can I log in to these apps?...
  8. Xbox Gamepass Ultimate is not showing up on either of my Microsoft or Xbox accounts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass Ultimate is not showing up on either of my Microsoft or Xbox accounts.: When I go to services on the Microsoft website, it says that I don't have any services active. This happened immediately after I redeemed the code sent to me by Discord....
  9. Gamepass PC - No option to update games, games not auto updating either

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepass PC - No option to update games, games not auto updating either: Hi there folks, So, I've been digging around for an answer to this one for some time. Around a few weeks now, & I haven't gotten anywhere, except that it looks like this isn't uncommon, & it has...
  10. I bought gold and gamepass, it took money but i did not get either.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought gold and gamepass, it took money but i did not get either.: My gold and gamepass were not given, but i was charged for them 41ddec25-00c7-4edf-9f4f-41f607c20d03