Gamepad connected via usb cable

Discus and support Gamepad connected via usb cable in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox One S, this is my question: when the gamepad is connected to the front usb port of the console with a cable, the gamepad continues... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gretullino, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Gretullino
    Gretullino Guest

Hi, I have an Xbox One S, this is my question: when the gamepad is connected to the front usb port of the console with a cable, the gamepad continues to work via bluetooth and the cable is only for power supply, or it becomes like a wired gamepad and
    then bluetooth is disabled?

:)

Gretullino, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Gretullino Win User

Thank you very much for the information. My usb cable is actually a charging cable, so no doubt that's not good.
    How is it possible to recognize when buying a cable that is also suitable for a data connection, and make it a wired controller? What are the specifications to look for, or is there an MS certified cable?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

That depends on the cable.

If it's a fully equipped USB data cable, then the controller essentially becomes a wired controller, turning off it's radio and sending controller signals via cable (which competitive brawler/fighting game players prefer due to even less lag compared to
    wireless connection).

If however the cable is a phone charging cable, these cables often only have the power wires connected to save money. In that case, the controller is powered through the cable, but since the data lines are missing, it will still send it's controller input
    via wireless radio.

Also be aware, that Xbox controllers use a proprietary Wireless protocol that is NOT Bluetooth on the Xbox console.

Only if you use the controller on a Windows 10 PC or a Smartphone, the controller really uses Bluetooth (which introduces a slight lag compared to the Xbox Wireless protocol).
  4. ArminatorX Win User

...How is it possible to recognize when buying a cable that is also suitable for a data connection, and make it a wired controller? ...
    Basically any Micro USB cable that you buy will be a data cable, unless you specifically shop for a charging cable replacement for a phone.

Usually, people wish to connect a device to a PC and want some data from that device (be it an USB card reader, or a keyboard or whatever you wish to connect via USB).

So as long as it is a USB 2.0 compliant Micro USB cable, you'll be good.

If you want to be extra sure, you could buy a
    Play & Charge kit for your Xbox One controller
    . That kit comes with a rechargeable battery pack, and a Micro USB cable that is roughly 2m long. That cable will then not only charge the battery pack in your controller, but will make it a wired controller
    with proper data transfer through the cable.
  5. schnurren Win User

Headset audio cuts out with multiple headsets and controllers.

Hello RIG0R M0RTIS,

Can you try to connect your Gamepad via USB cable to the console and try again, just to check the issue is not the wireless communicator?
  6. schnurren Win User

xbox one controller will not sync

Hello!

Try to connect your controller to your Xbox via USB cable, and when the lights on the gamepad are on and you are able to move while on console menu, remove the USB cord. At that point, the controller will be paired with the console.
Thema:

1. Gamepad connected via usb cable - Similar Threads - Gamepad connected via

2. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  3. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  4. I can't connect the gamepad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect the gamepad: buy a gamepad that connects only via bluetooth(Gamepad from Xtrike me. Xstrike me GP-49). But after connecting, third-party programs did not recognize the joystick (Games, joystick calibration...
  5. My Microsoft Xbox Wireless gamepad won't connect back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft Xbox Wireless gamepad won't connect back.: Hello. I bought Microsoft Xbox Wireless gamepad few days ago. I have successfully connected it to my computer, however when I turned off the device won't connect back at when I turned on again ....
  6. My gamepad is connected to my PC but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamepad is connected to my PC but it doesn't work: Hello I have a problem My gamepad is connected to my PC but it doesn't work (gamepad recognize as Xbox 360 Controller) It won't accept any input from the sticks or buttons If I move my mouse...
  7. Xbox Gamepad doesn't connect to PC Wireless Gaming Receiver after playing on Xbox360

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamepad doesn't connect to PC Wireless Gaming Receiver after playing on Xbox360: Hello, As I said in the title, I recently connected my Gamepad to a Xbox360 and ever since that, I can't bring my controller to connect to my receiver again. I have Windows 7. I tried to go to...
  8. Gamepad Xbox One S can not connect with Android 6.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad Xbox One S can not connect with Android 6.0: The gamepad is in search mode, the phone sees the gamepad. When the pairing is impaired - the error "android could not connect to the xbox wireless controller device, because the wrong pin or...
  9. Xbox gamepad for PC won't connect anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad for PC won't connect anymore: Hi, My gamepad as trouble keeping connected to my pc while I play. I keep being disconnected. The gamepad never took a shock, and I always be careful with the wire. I would like to use the...
  10. Gamepad won't connect to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad won't connect to Xbox 360: Hi, trying to connect my son's remote with his Xbox 360 and it doesn't seem to happen. He presses the button on the console, then the button on the gamepad, but the console power button doesn't...