GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.

Discus and support GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a problem with my DVR recordings. The video playback stutters every 2 seconds and makes the videos really unpleasant to watch, this only started... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JWSmoothShifter, May 20, 2018.

1. GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.

I have a problem with my DVR recordings. The video playback stutters every 2 seconds and makes the videos really unpleasant to watch, this only started happening recently and I have tried numerous solutions such as a full power cycle, resetting the console,
    changing capture location from internal to external etc. But I still haven't solved the problem. I would really appreciate some support on this, because I love recording my gameplay and now it's just awful quality. Please help.

:)

JWSmoothShifter, May 20, 2018
  2. CORBENDEN
    CORBENDEN Guest
    CORBENDEN, May 20, 2018
  3. STANNY08
    STANNY08 Guest
    How's the XB1 as a Bluray player?

Yeah, activated 24Hz the day I got it.

That snippet isn't referring the audio sync, but the output timing which causes the judder. This is caused, only sometimes, by pausing and unpausing, or skipping chapters.
    The rest of the quote here,

" It’s much rarer, but there is a bug in the Blu-ray playback software which introduces motion stutter. We encountered it when playing 24p movies, with the console correctly outputting 24p. Irritatingly, sometimes after pausing and unpausing the video, the video decoder would somehow “lose sync” with the output timing, creating motion stutter every Xth frame"

Certainly doesn't sound like the problem people are complaining about here.

STANNY08, May 20, 2018
  4. Seryana Win User

Every video I record on Series X has asynchronous audio

Video doesn't stutter at all, it's just that the sound starts 2 seconds before the video. Like it records the audio first, waits 2 seconds, then starting the video capture.

I'll it with 1080p.
  5. INSUB Win User

Best Format (AVI vs WMV) to Stream Movies to XBOX 360

The video stutter in my WMV files appears to be induced by the conversion by FreeMake. I put the WMV file onto a USB flash drive and it performed exactly the same as when I streamed it. The stutter is more like every 1-2 seconds. The video quality is fair-poor
    especially on scenes where the camera is panning.

The AVI files from FreeMake do not have the stutter, but the quality is mediocre as well. Almost identical to the WMV files it makes. There is very noticeable compression blocking during fast moving and especially panning camera scenes. Scenes where the
    camera is mostly still look acceptable, but not as good as watching the DVD itself.

Also, FreeMake adds a FreeMake.com logo screen to very end of your file. It's not really offensive, but it is there at the end for 5 seconds or so.

I noticed that DVDFab's video preset for Xbox 360 uses H.264 video in the AVI container, which is not identified as a compatible format on Microsoft's page:

support.xbox.com/.../audio-video-playback
    . I am going to give that a try in FreeMake to see if a better quality AVI file results and will still play.
  6. CORBENDEN Win User

Vudu and Amazon Video having problems since the New Xbox One Update. "Judder" or "Stutter" like effect when videos are playing on these two apps.

7. SoloSpartan01 Win User

Xbox One Summer Update - after updating the game streaming to PC keeps disconnecting

I updated the Xbox App Beta to version 22.23.11006.00000, and it seemed to fix the problem with the lag. There is still stuttering problems though. Some games stutter every 5-10 minutes, and other games stutter every 30 seconds.
  8. Ynubiis Win User

HDMI Input causing intermittent Audio and Video signal loss issues

I just ran into the same problem this morning and emptying the cache also worked for me. This fixed issues with no audio while watching live TV and stuttering video that would pause every 5 seconds or so as if the picture was buffering.
Thema:

GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.

1. GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds. - Similar Threads - GameDVR problem Video

2. Gamedvr question, how do I update my payment info?

in XboX Insiders
    Gamedvr question, how do I update my payment info?: Hey guys I'm trying to update my payment information on gamedvr.com Its a yearly subscription and I have the pro version. There is no spot on the website for updating payment info.... like what?...
  3. GameDVR issue possibly .............

in XboX Insiders
    GameDVR issue possibly .............: Hello Anyone else record clips and it's showing as a recorded clip in your captures but does nothing when clicking on it not even buffer ? Very strange , I thought they fixed GameDVR submitted...
  4. I'm part of alpha skip ahead and was wondering about the gamedvr

in XboX Insiders
    I'm part of alpha skip ahead and was wondering about the gamedvr: Are we ever going to get updated or revamped game dvr on xbox series consoles??? submitted by /u/Delagromm [link] [comments]
  5. Bug Report. No Audio in GameDVR in Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug Report. No Audio in GameDVR in Xbox Series X: Whenever I try to record a game that is resumed from a "quick resume" there is no audio in the recorded video. Audio is only recorded when I start the game which is not present in the quick...
  6. 4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC: I’ve been using a USB 3.0 thumb drive to record several 4K clips (30 seconds each) on my Xbox. Everything was formatted properly and I can view the clips on my Xbox just fine. When plug the USB...
  7. How to REMOVE GameDVR and xbox services from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    How to REMOVE GameDVR and xbox services from my PC: I have already used powershell to completely remove all xbox features from my pc, yet the gamebar and all its stuff just won't go away no matter what I try. When I play any game gamebar services...
  8. Microphone recording for GameDVR

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone recording for GameDVR: It would be great to support the microphone recording with GameDVR. My sons likes to make little Minecraft tutorials, but we've to stream it with Twitch and save the recorded file on the pc....
  9. GameDVR not uploading screenshots to Onedrive

in XboX Insiders
    GameDVR not uploading screenshots to Onedrive: Current build: Preview Delta - xb_flt_2111co.211208-2200 on Xbox Series X. Currently having issues with GameDVR uploading screenshots to my Onedrive on my external USB. It works perfectly for...
  10. GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.: I have a problem with my DVR recordings. The video playback stutters every 2 seconds and makes the videos really unpleasant to watch, this only started happening recently and I have tried numerous...