Gamechat not working

Discus and support Gamechat not working in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Gamechat has suddenly stopped working for me and idk why, ive tried everything from what ive seen from youtube, from what the stupid virtual assistant... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SOLF-110, Mar 3, 2023.

1. SOLF-110
    SOLF-110 Guest

Gamechat not working

Gamechat has suddenly stopped working for me and idk why, ive tried everything from what ive seen from youtube, from what the stupid virtual assistant has said, nd everything ive seen on the Microsoft websites, nothing works, the party is fine but gamechat isnt, everything is upto date and my headset is basically brand new (literally a couple days old now) and idk what to do so please tell me someone has a fix for this because i cant play cyber attack on cod, fortnite, apex or anything without gamechat working and its driving me inane

:)

SOLF-110, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Gamechat not working

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SOLF-110, from your description you seem to be playing on the console, I don't know which procedures you've tried, but if you haven't reset the console yet, try to reset keeping games and Apps.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  3. Benny Boiii7282 Win User

Game Chat in games

My mic barely ever works in gamechat and nothing worked but thanks for helping me though

😄
  4. Insidious - Mixer: G Win User

Audio tab in parties

If in a party you are in party audio rather than gamechat. To go into gamechat whilst in a party go into the party, options near the bottom, and switch to gamechat. It automatically switches when you aren’t in a party.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Gamechat not working on stream.

Hello John WeidemanBeal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are experiencing issues with your Xbox headset and Twitch streaming. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when you have a scheduled stream and a loyal audience.

There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as network connectivity, software updates, or audio settings. To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Check your network connection and make sure it is stable and fast enough for streaming. You can test your network speed and latency on your Xbox console by going to Settings > Network settings > Test network speed & statistics.

2. Make sure your Xbox console, headset, and Twitch app are updated to the latest versions. You can check for updates on your console by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads. You can also update your headset firmware using the Xbox Accessories app on your console or PC. To update the Twitch app, go to My games & apps > Apps > Twitch and select Manage game & add-ons > Updates.

3. Check your audio settings and make sure they are configured correctly for streaming. On your console, go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories and select your headset. Make sure the volume and mic monitoring levels are adjusted to your preference. Then, go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output and make sure the headset chat mixer is set to the middle position. Finally, on the Twitch app, go to Broadcast > Audio and make sure the microphone option is enabled.

Kindly check the thread posted by Misses Joust below on some tips when streaming with Twitch.

Using Twitch to Stream - Microsoft Community

And this thread answered by XBF-JoannaDark

These article may also be helpful:

Xbox Broadcasting (twitch.tv)

What's new: Xbox system updates | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. John WeidemanBeal Win User

Gamechat not working on stream.

Thank you for your assistance.

We solved half of my problems. My audio is now streaming to twitch. However, game chat is not. Last week on I was able to stream my mics audio AND my IN GAME chat audio to twitch directly from my Xbox series S, meaning my PC and Playstation party mates audio was making it into my stream.

That is not happening now. Slightly less frustrating but still quite.
Thema:

Gamechat not working

1. Gamechat not working - Similar Threads - Gamechat working

2. Why can nobody hear me on gamechat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can nobody hear me on gamechat: Hi my Xbox series s gamechat is faulty no one can hear me when gaming and I cannot hear chat in my soundbar also when I go to record message to send to someone I can't hear my chat through...
  3. Xbox series s gamechat not working through speakers only headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s gamechat not working through speakers only headsets: Hi my headset does not work in gamechat speakers mode just headset on Xbox series s and when I record to send a message I can only hear message with headset not plugged in...
  4. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...
  5. If I get a suspension on xbox can I still talk In gamechat of a game

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I get a suspension on xbox can I still talk In gamechat of a game: I got a suspension for 4 days so I'm not allowed to create parties or chat but can I still talk in the gamechat of a game 73a8ef4d-7fba-4f79-887a-dd445c7b82bd
  6. Gamechat not working on stream.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamechat not working on stream.: While Streaming on twitch last week with my Xbox series S and my Xbox headset in game voice chat was streaming to twitch. Tonight when I got on my scheduled twitch stream only my audio was heard...
  7. What are gamers using to hear call of duty gamechats/ proximity chats on Twitch for xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are gamers using to hear call of duty gamechats/ proximity chats on Twitch for xbox...: YouTube videos on this topic have been major click bait. It's 2023 now & i know there are newer ways to bypass the xbox gamechatting restrictions. - i don't wanna have to switch to Playstation...
  8. Why does Gamechat doesn't work always?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Gamechat doesn't work always?: I play Sea of Thieves a lot with my friends. And sometimes we encounter another pirate that we wanna help or fight. But then because we are in Discord on XBOX nobody can't hear us. And then...
  9. My gamechat doesn’t work in any game I play.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamechat doesn’t work in any game I play.: No matter what game I play whether it be SoT, Overwatch, COD, or for honor my game chat is seemingly disabled as I can not speak to or hear my teammates. It’s not an issue with the privacy...
  10. Recording Xbox Gameplays with Gamechat and Headset doesnt work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recording Xbox Gameplays with Gamechat and Headset doesnt work: Hello Dear Com, i am actually playing Cod MW4 with PS4 and PC Players Crossplay (So no, Party is no solution). I want to record what the others of my Team say too, but Always when i connect my...