Gamebar Party Chat Overlay

Discus and support Gamebar Party Chat Overlay in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been using gamebar successfully for the past 4 years. About a week ago, when i close gamebar while in a party, the overlay is still up. Is there a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rage Athena, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Rage Athena
    Rage Athena Guest

I've been using gamebar successfully for the past 4 years. About a week ago, when i close gamebar while in a party, the overlay is still up. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Rage Athena, Feb 4, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Here's how to Remove Overlay Favorites on Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/151309-how-...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Rage Athena Win User

Sorry i should have clarified, i am on windows 10
  4. mauricio tumalan Win User

Hi Rage my name is Mauricio i understand your problem

Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly with Windows Key + I shortcut.

Head over to the Gaming section.

Select Game bar from the menu on the left and disable Record game clips, screenshots and broadcasting using Game bar option.

if this doesn't work maybe is a issue with win 11 so i send you de FAQ link to the new version of gamebar with win 11

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...

let me know if this works, have a great day
  5. hopethishelps4568321 Win User

Game Bar Party only hears me if xbox game bar is actively open

This is by no means a good fix, but it has worked for me at at least lets you talk to your friends without actively keeping the gamebar open. When you are in a party, hit Win + G and click the pin icon on the "xbox party widget". You will see the overlay on your screen which is a tad annoying, but party chat will actually work and people can hear you.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

gamer tags appear on screen while using headset. Need help hiding them.

Are you in a party chat? If so, in the Xbox party chat settings, there is a overlay toggle which can switch the overlay on or off.

Outside of party chat, I am not entirely sure how it works with MWII (I assume that's what you are playing).
Thema:

1. Gamebar Party Chat Overlay - Similar Threads - Gamebar Party Chat

2. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  3. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  4. Xbox Gamebar mic not working in party chat (PC)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar mic not working in party chat (PC): Hi! I've been having an issue with Xbox Party Chat on PC. I've been getting an orange triangle with an exclamation point. Anytime I join a party I am unable to communicate but I can hear my...
  5. Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed: Ever since the latest windows 11 update the Xbox gamebar is not working properly. Party chat only works when the overlay is on the screen. As soon as I close the overlay the other members of the...
  6. Gamebar requiring reset to use party audio input

in XboX Insiders
    Gamebar requiring reset to use party audio input: So my gamebar has been having issues for a couple of weeks and it is starting to get frustrating. When I open gamebar and get the pop-up, the people in my party can hear me and I can hear them....
  7. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: my names luis, ive read a thread with this same question, ive read through your reply and followed all the steps but the issue still persists, ive checked for updates checked my input and output,...
  8. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps. 55f7c922-c262-49e4-953a-00e5707288ec
  9. How do i record Xbox gamebar party chat on a seperate audio track using obs? Or how do i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i record Xbox gamebar party chat on a seperate audio track using obs? Or how do i...: Ive been trying to figure this out for months. When recording with OBS Studio, im unable to record party chat outputting from xbox game bar audio on pc in a seperate audio track so i have that...
  10. Prof. Answer needed: Win11 Xbox GameBar Party Voice Audio Chat choppy and distorted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Prof. Answer needed: Win11 Xbox GameBar Party Voice Audio Chat choppy and distorted: Hello everybody, I'm here for advice of how to solve my problem (which is like a riddle from the Greek mythology and only the Best can succeed). I have a full modern Win11-PC with all the...