Game won't stop preparing for download

Discus and support Game won't stop preparing for download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, when i try and install Sea of Thieves it won't stop preparing for download, waiter an estimates 15 minutes and it's still preparing. I also see... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MihaiManole1, Apr 15, 2022.

1. MihaiManole1
    MihaiManole1 Guest

So, when i try and install Sea of Thieves it won't stop preparing for download, waiter an estimates 15 minutes and it's still preparing. I also see that the xbox app continues searching for updates. This is problem is on pc

:)

MihaiManole1, Apr 15, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi MihaiManole1! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Clear and reset Store cache in Windows

Step 1: Close Windows Store app if it’s running.

Step 2: In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

Step 3: Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option.

Step 4: restart Pc and Modem/router

If this doesn't work, try this

Open Start, type: powershell

Right click PowerShell

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Exit Powershell then restart.
  3. SemTeK Win User

Problem with update and new Nordic (Danish) version

Same goes for the Netherlands. The game will run, sometimes without a hitch, but as soon as the update pops up the game stops and since the update won't install it kind of breaks the game.

@Microsoft: please provide a working update or pull the existing update so the game at least runs while you prepare a working update.
  4. DividableMag73 Win User

AC Unity Download freezing.

My game won't download at all. When I put the code in, it got to the queue. After everything in the way of it gor installed, the download stopped. I cleared the system cache multiple times and the download immediately stops every time.
  5. Eggnogga Win User

Preowned games?

Unfortunately, in 2015 you won't be able to find any "prepared" games. Everything that gets released is in an unprepared state.
  6. GrissomJones Win User

Game pass broken for many users? Games pending install?

Meant games show preparing and I can't download them.....
Thema:

1. Game won't stop preparing for download - Similar Threads - Game won't stop

2. Xbox Game Pass triel won't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass triel won't work: My friend has bought Game Pass and got 5 trial invites, when he sends one and I click on it the page for reedeming codes, says its either miss spelled or gives random error code (he did pressed...
  3. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  4. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  5. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  6. My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error...: My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error code 0x80073cf9 and uninstalling it just leads back to installation stopped, console is 6yrs old now....
  7. Xbox Game Recorder on PC won't (or very hard to) stop/start

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Recorder on PC won't (or very hard to) stop/start: Hi, I am using Windows' Xbox Game recorder to record Fortnite gameplay on a Dell Inspiron 5000 Gaming laptop. Whenever I try to start recording by pressing Win+G then the black dot (Record...
  8. Downloaded game won't stop loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded game won't stop loading: I recently downloaded GTA5 on XBOX ONE, and played it but now when I tried going to a different lobby, it won't stop loading....I don't know how to restart or quit or anything ...when I restart...
  9. game DVR won't stop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game DVR won't stop: im playing forza 5 but i keep getting "game clip recorded" come up at least 3 times every minute sometimes 4 it's like everytime i drift around a big corner it comes up and it's starting to pi**...
  10. Xbox 1 won't stop updating. Can't play a single game. Anyone seeing the same?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 won't stop updating. Can't play a single game. Anyone seeing the same?: can't sign in. Can't play s single game. Any issues? b9b250e2-584b-4be1-8142-706beaf5b765