Game wont launch when on secondary harddrive

Discus and support Game wont launch when on secondary harddrive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I downloaded Dead by Daylight Windows on my secondary harddrive. I accidentally disconnected it and then the game crashed, couldn't start and when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoacimLindberg, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Game wont launch when on secondary harddrive

I downloaded Dead by Daylight Windows on my secondary harddrive.
    I accidentally disconnected it and then the game crashed, couldn't start
    and when i tried to repair it in windows apps manager thing it
    just disappeared and now I have to redownload it again.
    When i try to download it on my secondary harddrive again it just
    stops and wont download

There are no error codes no nothing.
    Cant find anything about a similar situation on
    this website or any other.

:)

JoacimLindberg, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please provide more information for me to able to assist you better. Does this happen with other games? Can you install it on your primary drive?

Also note that some Xbox games can only be installed on the primary drive.
  3. mc3788 Win User

Fable 3

tried installing the game? on your harddrive and pklaying it then? it wont read your disc
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Can the Xbox reset code erase all hard drive memory?

No it wont the reset code does not delete harddrive information only updates for games
  5. IAmProjectAlice Win User

Xbox

Unfortunately you need to get a official microsoft harddrive which come in a 250gb or 320gb hdd, you wont be able to use any other harddrive as it wont work.
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

How do i keep game saves when needing to delete game for re-install

Hello

If you are connected to Xbox Live, save games automatically save on both your harddrive and the cloud. When reinstalling the game and launching it you will be prompted to download the cloud save data
Thema:

1. Game wont launch when on secondary harddrive - Similar Threads - Game wont launch

2. PC - Wrekfest - Wont Launch without terminating "Gaming UI" in task manager

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC - Wrekfest - Wont Launch without terminating "Gaming UI" in task manager: When i launch Wrekfest for PC using Game Pass, the game hangs after the splash screen. I get a black full screen window and the mouse spinning icon. The game will not progress any futher than...
  3. cities skylines 2 on pc game pass wont launch past signing in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cities skylines 2 on pc game pass wont launch past signing in.: I can't play the game because it is stuck on signing in. i am signed in to game pass; Launching from the xbox appll c78b2569-ebaf-444f-a315-346edc0bb23e
  4. Game wont launch....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont launch....: Solasta: Crown of the Magister "couldn't launch" and this game is part of the game pass. It is the only game that's currently not working. Error code: 0x803f8001. I've played this game before...
  5. Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch: Hi there. I purchased game pass and the forza VIP pass and after a short break for a few days to my discovery the game no longer will launch. Here is what event viewer shows: Faulting application...
  6. xbox game wont launch on pc from xbox app. Error code: (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game wont launch on pc from xbox app. Error code: (0x80070005): Im trying to play mount and blade 2 on my pc from the xbox app. but the game wont launch it just says something went wrong then gives me this error code (0x80070005). i have done everything i know...
  7. game wont launch when being shared

in XBoX on Consoles
    game wont launch when being shared: Ive recently shared sea of thieves with my friend who also has a pc but he keeps getting the error code 0x800750005 everytime he tries to launch it. We tried upgrading all his drivers, repairing...
  8. Game wont even launch anymore and i have changed nothing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont even launch anymore and i have changed nothing.: I was playing rocket leauge just fine yesterday and i got off and when i tried to get back on it wont even launch.I have tried it on steam and epic games, i have un installed and re installed on...
  9. Pc gamepass game wont launch because the requested operation requires elevation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc gamepass game wont launch because the requested operation requires elevation: I checked and my windows account is the owner of the game but the email I use for xbox and windows is different so I don't know if that could be the cause. Also after it tells me I need elevation...
  10. Xbox game pass games wont launch and gaming services loop MICROSOFT PLZ FIX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass games wont launch and gaming services loop MICROSOFT PLZ FIX: the problems happen when i try to launch a game on game pass some games will bring me to gaming services some will bring me to store page of the game and some games will only launch if i leave my...