Game won't install and automatically stopping itself from installing

Discus and support Game won't install and automatically stopping itself from installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I recently tried installing F1 2020 again and it doesn't want to install it seems. It hits a certain point (ready to start) and then it stops... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AdamNutton, Dec 13, 2021.

1. AdamNutton
    AdamNutton Guest

Hey, I recently tried installing F1 2020 again and it doesn't want to install it seems. It hits a certain point (ready to start) and then it stops installing completely. I have tried hard resetting, resetting cache, clearing local saved games, restarting the xbox, restarting the download, and resetting the console completely and nothing seems to work.

:)

AdamNutton, Dec 13, 2021
  2. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged in to the console right now?

If yes, can you unplug it and Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Once done, please check if the issue still persist while the external hard drive is unplugged.
  3. ImAice Win User

Alright. If you already tried installing the game disc offline, I'm afraid it's really the disc that is having an issue.
  4. ImAice Win User

Oh, it worked for me when I had the same issue with my disc in Valhalla and it is worth a shot but in case the issue still persist and it's only happening to just that particular disc game, I'm afraid the disc is faulty.
  5. AdamNutton Win User

It's a disk so I'm not sure if it will work. Personally I think it might be the disk or something because it can install apps fine but I haven't tried installing any other game so I'm not sure if it is.
  6. ImAice Win User

Alright. Is it a digital or a disc game? Kindly try installing an Xbox app on your phone, search for the game and try installing the game to your console using the Xbox app.
Thema:

1. Game won't install and automatically stopping itself from installing - Similar Threads - Game won't install

2. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  3. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  4. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  5. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  6. Game won't install, says it's "corrupt"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install, says it's "corrupt": A few days ago, Fortnite had an update. It kept saying "Installation stopped" when I tried to update it, which confused me. I decided to uninstall the game and delete the data knowing that it was...
  7. Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?: I am on windows 11 and i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code:...
  8. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  9. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  10. Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage: So I've spent the past few days trying to install NBA 2k24 Next Gen on my series s. However the download simply cannot go past 32.02 gb (19.8%) no matter what I do. I originally got the game...