game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my xboxS have a...

Discus and support game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my xboxS have a... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my XBOX S have a virus? e9abaebf-96be-4a44-b9b0-a2ad7cd5bc4d Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HarveySprecher1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my xboxS have a...

My game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my XBOX S have a virus?

:)

HarveySprecher1, Jan 19, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my xboxS have a virus?

Hello there @HarveySprecher1, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The crashing or freezing of a certain game/apps is generally related to the network which is why I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort
    this out for you. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your
    console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed, here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-network-connection

In case the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the previous link weren't helpful, I have another link for you that could help you take care of the situation! Here is another and a more narrow link related specifically to game crash,
    and game freeze related issues:

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. tcleves Win User

Cannot update on initial startup

I'm having exactly the same issue, got ,my Xbox one 3 days ago and the last guy I spoke to on the Microsoft support line said it could be up to a week before they figure it out! I've tried everything I can think of but all it does is freeze.

Lift your game Microsoft, something that I should have been excited beyond belief about has now been ruined.
  4. XiRyuuXi Win User

dorito crash course: the game couldnt load a content file

dortio works now but i have another problem with my games always freezing and random lines appearing out of no where, like if i play halo reach they will be lines coming from the gun and it also does this to other games and eventually freezes, mass effect
    graphics go crazy and on cod it freezes as soon as i try play multiplayer

ive also took the hardrive out and played games and it does it so im starting to think it could be my gpu maybe?
  5. BluCalhoun Win User

Mw3 kicking me off XBL before downloading update

You say... the game freezes when trying to go to Single Player as well? Does the game itself freeze or does it kick you off Xbox LIVE? If it is the game itself freezing, there could be a problem with the disk, but you say you have tried exchanging games.
    Your Xbox could be at fault if both disks did not work, but that is if you got the game to freeze and NOT got kicked off of Xbox LIVE. Have you tried single player on both disks? We could have two separate issues here.
  6. DE7HM4SK DIVINE Win User

TWD game won't work

Tried everything you said and it didn't work.

*EDIT* It's saying that I've played TWD on my gamercard, but it's not true. It freezes when I start up Ep. 5.
Thema:

game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my xboxS have a...

1. game will start, then freezes, I've tried everything I could think of. Does my xboxS have a... - Similar Threads - game start freezes

2. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  3. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  4. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  5. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  6. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  7. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming: I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan...
  8. games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...: So, i bought this Lenovo S145 3 years ago and it was running really well, i installed an 8gb ram and an ssd on this laptop, everything was buttery smooth until one day the laptop suddenly started...
  9. When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.: Hi, I have a problem with my PC when playing quite heavy games. My PC is dead and the fan is very strong, if you want to say my PC is not strong enough, all this time I have been playing IT games...
  10. Cloud Gaming Refusing to Start on One Game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming Refusing to Start on One Game.: When I attempt to open a game on cloud gaming, it immediately gives me a “Failed to start cloud gaming session” prompt without attempting to communicate with servers. I have internet connection,...