Game will not update even though disk is in tray

Discus and support Game will not update even though disk is in tray in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So just to sum it up. My game, Ark Survival Evolved, has been having some problems recently. I have the disk in and it won't update. I reset my Xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jakedsnake08, Mar 17, 2021.

1. jakedsnake08
    jakedsnake08 Guest

So just to sum it up. My game, Ark Survival Evolved, has been having some problems recently. I have the disk in and it won't update. I reset my Xbox, did a hard reset, and even cleaned it. Before the update problem. It kept saying that the disk/saved game was corrupted. I was able to fix it. Now back to the update problem. It asks me "update now?" I press it. Nothing happens, does not even appear in the queue. So I am asking for help here since Xbox support doesn't wanna help me out.

:)

jakedsnake08, Mar 17, 2021
  2. jakedsnake08 Win User

I’ll give it a try will let you know!

Thank u!!
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @jakedsnake08, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

The next step would be to check your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

If needed or if it’s dirty or scratched, wipe the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom faces, then re-insert it and try launching again

Another thing you should troubleshoot is your persistent storage by selecting Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections, and then selecting either Blu-ray and then select Persistent storage to clear it.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. John Burnett-B043666 Win User

Xbox locking up, help needed.

Hello.

I am using a wired connection which is attached to a dlink router and that is attached to a virgin modem. I have also noticed that even though I have brand new games in immaculate condition that I have to open and close the disk tray for it to recognise
    that there is a disk in the tray. Bit rubbish really.
  5. Mr SkettieShuez Win User

Killer instinct retail disc

I would delete the digital version and play the version from the disk...which may require an install again. Once I installed the characters from the disk they were still locked when I started the game and found out it was starting the digital version and
    not the retail disk (even though I chose the disk tray option to open the game). Hope this helped.
  6. WraithofWolves Win User

Question RE: DRM and disk-less play

You have to have the disk in the tray even after installing the disk.
Thema:

1. Game will not update even though disk is in tray - Similar Threads - Game update though

2. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  3. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  4. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  5. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  6. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  7. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  8. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  9. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  10. why my asphalt 9 game is not updating even though i have tried to do in the microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why my asphalt 9 game is not updating even though i have tried to do in the microsoft store?: why my asphalt 9 game is not updating even though i have tried to do in the microsoft store? 9363d614-105d-444f-897a-ac4d6c379e8b