game will not play

Discus and support game will not play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my xbox for about a week now without any issues until now! The xbox will start up and recognize my profile but wont play my game. the disc... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KAME 138, Jan 1, 2014.

1. KAME 138
    KAME 138 Guest

game will not play

I have had my xbox for about a week now without any issues until now! The xbox will start up and recognize my profile but wont play my game. the disc is in the console and I can select it on the home screen to play but it boots back to the home page. no
    error massage, nothing.

:)

KAME 138, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Mr Jeffurson
    Mr Jeffurson Guest
    Games will not play

The second thing you’ll want to try is cleaning the reflective surface on the disc with a soft , slightly damp cloth (water only!), lightly wiping from the inside out.

If that doesn’t resolve your issue, please try some of the steps listed below, depending on if you’re trying to play a game, DVD, or music CD. Alternatively, if you'd like to try an interactive approach, be sure to check the official troubleshooter on support.xbox.com.

Games

Clear your cache

Your cache stores items such as game and system updates and gamer pictures. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your saves or profile by clearing the cache.

To clear your cache, navigate to the ‘My Xbox’ channel in the dashboard menu, within which you can select ‘System Settings’. Select ‘memory,’ highlight the HDD, and press (Y). Select ‘Clear System Cache,’ then ‘Yes.’

Remove your Hard Drive

If the game starts with the hard drive removed, then power off the console, remove the hard drive, reinsert the hard drive and after try the game again.

If it doesn’t work only with the hard drive attached, then your hard drive will need to be replaced.

Removing any other memory units or USB flash drives

If removing one of these resolves the issue, then power down the console and try again with the drive reattached. If the game doesn’t work only with the device in question attached, it will have to be replaced (or if it’s a USB, reformatted).

Try a different game disc

If a different game disc works, the first disc will need to be replaced. If other game discs also do not work, you’ll want to check your warranty status and set up a repair here.

DVDs

Try another DVD

If a different DVD plays without issue, the first will need to be replaced. If the second DVD does not work either, you will want to check your warranty status and set up a repair here.

CDs

Check the CD format and file type

Supported formats include:

CD-DA

CD-ROM

CD-ROM XA

CD-R, CD-RW

CD-Extra.

Supported file types include:

WMA

MP3

JPEG

Try another CD

If the second CD works (that has the same format and file type), the first will need to be replaced.If the second CD doesn’t work, you’ll want to check your console’s warranty and set up a repair here.

But I still have questions!

Mr Jeffurson, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Maximus060
    Maximus060 Guest
    game will not Play

The CD/DVD unit says "play DVD" all the time, it will play DVD ok but will not see game disc as a "game" only DVD, i have recently had to replace the drive unit with a refurb xbox drive, any ideas??

Maximus060, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

game will not play

Hey there Kame!

Just to be sure what all you've tried, please take a look at our
    What To Do If Your game Won't Play
    sticky and give the solutions listed there a shot.

Let us know how that goes and we'll be standin gby to hear back from you. ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Is this BF4? Just had that problem for the first time. I quit the game, started it again and it worked fine. BF4 doesn't resume cleanly when you switch apps or power down (but not off).

Evil Numero 2, Jan 2, 2014
  6. I am having a problem getting a game (BF4) to start. It keeps loading the initial loading page. I have tried removing the game and turning the console off. no change

UnseenPresence, Oct 31, 2018
  7. VernierSlake Win User

game play

Just don't mention DA2 at all. If everyone stops talking about it then it'll just fade out of existence.
  8. BeerTimeGamer Win User

game play

It's nothing like Dragon Age. You may want to watch a few YouTube gameplays with commentary. I had an idea of what to expect going into this even though I never played Demon Souls, and it's way better than I thought it would be. Traditional RPG expectations
    should be put aside. It's Zelda set in the 9th Circle of Hell. You will be given very little direction. There's no story to hold your hand. In all honesty, it's not for everyone.
  9. FlawlessKonsole Win User

Games not playing

does the game have a black ring if so the game is broken.
  10. Mister Fitzer Win User

playing game

Hey OrT, did you just redeem a Gold subscription? It can take time for those to become active. You're currently showing as Gold, however.
  11. PhDPeddler Win User

playing game

If this is the account it is still a silver account. This account will need to be gold.
Thema:

game will not play

1. game will not play - Similar Threads - game play

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”: I had started a game on my pc and the microsoft sign up thing popped up so i clicked my account and it and it acted like the game started but there was an error saying you need to sign in to play...
  5. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  6. How to Play Rainbow Six Siege when it asks me to Choose an XBOX game plan when i have one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Play Rainbow Six Siege when it asks me to Choose an XBOX game plan when i have one...: When i load up a six seige game before i go in it asks me to choose an XBOX game plan when i have a regular one already activated . I used the regular game pass to buy the game, I play on XBOX...
  7. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...
  8. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  9. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  10. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...