Game Voice issues

Discus and support Game Voice issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason i cannot hear any game sound in any games i play, ive tried resetting privacy settings but even that doesnt work. This error makes it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KeenanKinkade, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Game Voice issues

For some reason i cannot hear any game sound in any games i play, ive tried resetting privacy settings but even that doesnt work. This error makes it very difficult to communicate during games. Any help and xbox support is appreciated.

:)

KeenanKinkade, Jan 27, 2023
  2. icurehangovers Win User

In-game voice chat issues

I'm having this issue too.

Though interestingly enough, I can hear people just fine when I use the Kinect for chat (or have it muted). Another interesting thing to point out is (with my case at least) the chat headset works with Skype, Twitch, and the party app. Just not in game chat.

I'm going to try power cycling and maybe even a different controller. If I don't post anything later, it's probably because it didn't work.
  3. ZStrucTZ Win User

Issues with Voice Chat in Games/Parties

Try updating your controller with the headset adaptor and headset plugged in. Another option is to try plugging in phone ear buds, the kind with a mic. Let me know what happens if you try either of these.
  4. Luciano Di Mase Win User

Issues with Voice Chat in Games/Parties

Have you checked to see what your NAT type is? I would always advise a router reset when experiencing any gaming issues.
  5. LooneyP Win User

Sound Problems?

Had the same issue and turning both voice and game to 10 solved the problem
  6. smileskybird Win User

Kinect voice issues

I use to have problems with Kinect too until I got an HDTV mount for it, it use to be kept at the bottom of my Sony KDL40EX720 near the TV's built in 2x10w sound bar. But since it's not sitting close to the speakers and when I calibrate it, and since I got
    the HDTV mount for the Kinect, it picks me up well. When calibrating, try testing it with your speakers as QUIET as possible WITHOUT the Dashboard saying your speakers are too quiet. It may pickup background noise but noise is better than not being able to
    pick up anything at all.

And just to let you know, Voice Commands ISNT perfect. I have to change my locale to Australia (I'm NZ, Australia is only 2 hours behind NZ time) because Microsoft still has it locked for NZ locale. Even Google and Samsung allow you to do voice commands
    for NZ locale on their Samsung S5. And it works well. I can say Xbox Home/Friends/Messages/Play... and it works fine. But I do have to sometimes repeat myself.
Thema:

Game Voice issues

1. Game Voice issues - Similar Threads - Game Voice issues

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  4. Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice: I have the setting enabled to record voice, I have privacy permissions set to allow my mic to be detected. I have all microphone devices disabled except my actual microphone and have it selected...
  5. How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?: Whenever my cousin sends me a voice message from his Xbox One, I get notified of it in both the Xbox App and Game Bar. Both recognise it as a voice message but neither allow me to play it. In the...
  6. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  7. When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear: When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear da092520-5419-4151-987a-6f3951ad28db
  8. Game Chat Voices not Picking Up on Stream?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Chat Voices not Picking Up on Stream?: I have a problem when I stream and I’m playing with randoms in game chat (NOT party chat) and the stream just straight up doesn’t capture the in game voices. The game sound is fine, im fine, my...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues: On PC as of a week ago, party chat only works if I have it open. When it’s closed, I can hear my friends, but they can’t hear me. I have found a temporary solution by disabling the xbox app’s...
  10. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...