Game Update Rant

Discus and support Game Update Rant in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So here I sit. Had an hour or so to spend with the daughter. She was wanting to play lego Dimensions. Go to fire up the game, "Update Needed!" Huh,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zhit, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Zhit
    Zhit Guest

Game Update Rant

So here I sit. Had an hour or so to spend with the daughter. She was wanting to play lego Dimensions. Go to fire up the game, "Update Needed!" Huh, needed? By who? I don't need an update, I just want to play the game for an hour or so. Cancel! Sorry--no
    game fro you--back the Dashboard you go.

Why is this a thing? Why if my Xbox can update itself in the middle of the night are my games not also updating? Especially seeing as how these updates are required to play the games? Instead of playing, I am watching a progress bar slowly fill the screen.
    Joy! Hey at least I'm not wearing out he batteries in the controller. The kicker is at some point I will be told the game is playable. Which is great, until you load your save point and the game tells you to wait for the patch to finish.

So folks running the Xbox One show--either make these patches skippable or happen when I am not playing. When I sit down to play the game and find out I have to install a 3GB patch before playing--it does not make for a fun gaming session. This is the
    second large patch Lego Dimensions has forced me to install in the last three times playing. It is not often I have the time to sit down and play games with my daughter. /Rant

:)

2. THEMIKEBERG
    THEMIKEBERG Guest
    Rant about updates

I love xbox, I really do. But it sure does some ridiculously stupid things.

Some games cannot be played unless they are updated, and do not start in fact they take you straight to the update "page" so that you can confirm the update.

^ That's dumb, why not just start downloading the update instantly? If I cannot play the game unless the update is installed why not make the update confirmation a part of starting the game? Obviously the player is going to update if the update is a requirement
    for playing... Just stupid. Who the hell is paid to think of these things? I can do your job better than you.

THEMIKEBERG, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Rant about updates

If I understand your post correctly.

Yes, go into settings and set auto update.

That way when you go to play a game which needs to be updated, it will auto sign you out and DL and apply it automatically. And when there is a system update, It will apply it as well.

Also, it you have a number of demo's etc to DL, it will finish dl them even when the system is turned off. (Xbox 360. I've no idea YET about how it works on Xbox One for I don't have One)

At this particular time I am at my PC and therefore can't map out for you >System>whatever to go to. But spend a little time in your consoles settings and I'm sure you'll figure out how to set this up.

ElectroFlying, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

Game Update Rant

Check your settings, many (if not all) of my games update at any time of the day or night (overnight while console is in standby mode as well). There is also the chance, every now and again, that a mandatory update goes live just before you are about to
    play, or while you are in the middle of a game.

Burnin TODI, Dec 19, 2015
  5. ..........

Hello "Zhit" Game Update Rant :)

Sorry to hear about having less gaming time with your daughter because of an update Game Update Rant :(

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Zhit" Game Update Rant :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Dec 19, 2015
  6. DeadFall526
    DeadFall526 Guest
    I agree in some regard, updates are annoying as hell. I made a thread about The Witchers's 16 gig patch 16gigabytes!!!!! thats bigger then most games and about half give or take of the full game. It took awhile to update then install, was at least 2 hours
    if not a little more.

I gotta be honest, I dread buying games anymore because of it, I welcome the updates , I really do but sometimes it gets out of hand. Ive been wanting to play GTA 5 on XBOX ONE but am reticent about buying it because I know that game will be at least half
    a day of downloads and installs, same with BF 4. I dont know man, its a double edged blade, one hand the updates are absolutely needed but on the other hand, do they really need to be 16 gigs big ?

DeadFall526, Dec 19, 2015
  7. "When I sit down to play the game and find out I have to install a 3GB patch before playing--it does not make for a fun gaming session." - Zhit

I guess I'd understand this post if I had a horrible ISP. 3 GB takes around 5 minutes to download.

Goth Vampirella, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Goth Vampirella Win User

Game Update Rant

"When I sit down to play the game and find out I have to install a 3GB patch before playing--it does not make for a fun gaming session." - Zhit

I guess I'd understand this post if I had a horrible ISP. 3 GB takes around 5 minutes to download.
  9. DeadFall526 Win User

Game Update Rant

I agree in some regard, updates are annoying as hell. I made a thread about The Witchers's 16 gig patch 16gigabytes!!!!! thats bigger then most games and about half give or take of the full game. It took awhile to update then install, was at least 2 hours
    if not a little more.

I gotta be honest, I dread buying games anymore because of it, I welcome the updates , I really do but sometimes it gets out of hand. Ive been wanting to play GTA 5 on XBOX ONE but am reticent about buying it because I know that game will be at least half
    a day of downloads and installs, same with BF 4. I dont know man, its a double edged blade, one hand the updates are absolutely needed but on the other hand, do they really need to be 16 gigs big ?
  10. Burnin TODI Win User

Game Update Rant

Check your settings, many (if not all) of my games update at any time of the day or night (overnight while console is in standby mode as well). There is also the chance, every now and again, that a mandatory update goes live just before you are about to
    play, or while you are in the middle of a game.
  11. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Game Update Rant

Hello "Zhit" :)

Sorry to hear about having less gaming time with your daughter because of an update :(

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Zhit" :)

12. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Rant about updates

You can still play the game offline without accepting the update.

Sometimes updates cause problems and people choose to remove them until they are fixed, your solution would remove peoples ability to do that.

There is probably also a legal requirement for you to have to confirm the download, otherwise they can`t apply it.
Thema:

Game Update Rant

1. Game Update Rant - Similar Threads - Game Update Rant

2. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  3. Xbox app PC automatically updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app PC automatically updating games: i turned off auto updating but app doesn't care submitted by /u/Soroush_ [link] [comments]
  4. My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc: My game disappeared after did the xbox update 6b7b44e0-ff96-4f24-9c0d-f7d10c31565f
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?: Everytime a game needs to update it gets stuck in the updates section until I click update all, even though under the updates settings I have the checkbox checked for auto updating? Xbox Series X...
  7. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  8. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  9. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...
  10. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...