Game update frozen and nothing works to troubleshoot

Discus and support Game update frozen and nothing works to troubleshoot in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to play minecraft on my xbox one s, and it told me it needed an update. The update froze and does not do anything. I tried pausing, canceling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gregory Sheats-Mueller, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Game update frozen and nothing works to troubleshoot

I tried to play minecraft on my xbox one s, and it told me it needed an update. The update froze and does not do anything. I tried pausing, canceling it, Uninstalling the entire game, restarting my console, and nothing works. I was trying to manage the game, and it said it didn't need an update?? I have tried everything and nothing has worked.

Update: it randomly left the update queue, but it is telling me it needs an update again. I can't play it but at least it is no longer clogging up my update queue. Please let me know if there is a way to solve this.

:)

Gregory Sheats-Mueller, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Gregory Sheats-Muell Win User

I've solved it! When it is in the queue, cancel the update. It will not cancel for a while so it may not seem to work at first, but after a while it will disappear from the update queue. If it still says it needs an update, uninstall it. This also appears to do nothing at first but again, after a while it will work. From there, just reinstall and it should work. It takes quite a while and seems to do nothing at first but there is quite a simple solution.
  3. Yenz One Win User

Xbox One frozen in troubleshooter

Well it's working now after restarting the Xbox a few times. Don't know why.
  4. Yenz One Win User

Ok now i's just sitting on the preparing console page and says do not turn off or unplug the power. I won't turn it off but it's been sitting there for an hour and doesn't seem to be doing anything. Pretty sure I'll need to send it in for repair.
  5. Yenz One Win User

Ok now i's just sitting on the preparing console page and says do not turn off or unplug the power. I won't turn it off but it's been sitting there for an hour and doesn't seem to be doing anything. Pretty sure I'll need to send it in for repair.
  6. Eagleeye7BK Win User

Error code e150

Yeah tried going through the troubleshooting options but still not working it seems like the complete system has frozen
Thema:

1. Game update frozen and nothing works to troubleshoot - Similar Threads - Game update frozen

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  5. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  6. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  7. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  8. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  9. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  10. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...