Game uninstalled and stuck on "resume install"

Discus and support Game uninstalled and stuck on "resume install" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had recently changed the location of No Man's Sky from G: to C: and had played it perfectly since. Recently, there was an update and it received an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Melker Novoa, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Melker Novoa
    Melker Novoa New Member

I had recently changed the location of No Man's Sky from G: to C: and had played it perfectly since. Recently, there was an update and it received an error. I canceled the update, but the game disappeared from my games list. I went to the store page and reinstalled it, and today I realized it had reinstalled on G: again. I waited for an update to finish, and then tried to again move to C: in the Apps and features section in windows settings. I received an error, so I decided to just uninstall and reinstall in the correct drive. After I uninstalled the game, the store page for it is now stuck with only the options for "resume install" and "update". Clicking either of those does absolutely nothing, and no I can't install the game again, I am basically locked out of playing it again. I have attached a screenshot of the store page. Game uninstalled and stuck on "resume install" Screenshot 2021-10-04 101126-min.png

Melker Novoa, Oct 4, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Game Pass stuck on resume install

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try this: Go to Windows settings >> Apps >> Xbox >> Advanced >> Repair & Reset.

After doing that, Perform the same steps for Gaming Services and Microsoft Store as well.
  3. XBF - Evie Win User

Xbox app stuck on "Resume Install" on multiple games after failing to uninstall

4. JorgyTheGreat Win User

Error code 0x80070005

I completed the steps above and received the same error. I attempted to restart the game installation hoping it was a one time issue and now it's stuck on "Resuming" at 99% for the two games I attempted to download.
  5. MoeZArts Win User

Game downloaded but stuck in queue!

Hi Suzcampbell,

If the game remains stuck in the Queue and showing "Ready to play", you can follow the steps below to pause and resume the download. The game will have to be at 100% to move from the Queue to installed Games.

1. While on the Home screen, press the Xbox button and select
      My games and apps
    2. Select Queue.
    3. Highlight the active download or installation.
    4. Press the Menu button
      [​IMG]
      on
      your controller.
    5. Select Pause installation (I would wait for a few seconds before resuming).
    To resume an installation, follow these steps but select Resume installation in step 5.

Happy gaming!

Moe
  6. tguy14 Win User

Halo Master chief collection install issue

I am having the same issue! Hit install and the installation flashes on resuming download, then instantly says it has been installed. Im stuck lick this! Any ideas? Already updated, rebooted the pc, cleared windows store cache.
Thema:

1. Game uninstalled and stuck on "resume install" - Similar Threads - Game uninstalled stuck

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  4. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  5. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  6. How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?: How to remove/uninstall Game Bar? 77cfbfd5-1588-4d0f-b9c6-4c47ed899049
  7. How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?: I'm visiting my family for Christmas. We have been trying to figure out of why games are getting uninstall on their own in the Xbox One X when turning on the console(internal and external...
  8. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...
  9. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  10. Tried to install a small game but now it is stuck at 0% wont let me uninstall, cancel, or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried to install a small game but now it is stuck at 0% wont let me uninstall, cancel, or...: like i said its stuck i cant do anything i tried wsreset.exe ive tried repairing restarting and uninstalling the app i hard restarted my computer and yet its still stuck at download at 0% and...