game transcription

Discus and support game transcription in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When players turn on text to chat the narrator voices their text. It freezes my game (apex legends) for a split second every time and I can't figure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisRiling, Nov 11, 2020.

  1. ChrisRiling
    ChrisRiling Guest

    game transcription


    When players turn on text to chat the narrator voices their text. It freezes my game (apex legends) for a split second every time and I can't figure out how to turn this off. Narrator is turned off, I have none of the game transcription features active
    but I keep hearing these idiots. I can mute mics in game but it's literally impossible to block this incoming communication. There has to be a solve or it's one of the worst oversights I've ever seen in the xbox interface. It's maddening!

    :)
     
    ChrisRiling, Nov 11, 2020
    #1
  2. gds1972 Win User

    Game Transcription?

    I have just checked on my console and the availability of this feature is based on the location the console has been set to.

    My console is set as in the United Kingdom and this feature is not available however when I changed my console location to the United States this feature is then available to me to try to see if the UK can get this feature I would encourage you to use the
    Xbox Uservoice website to post the suggestion to see if feature can be made available in other locations.

    Please note I do not advise you to change your console location to get access to this feature as this may then cause you other issues.
  3. F U I D C Win User

    Game Transcription

  4. v Fatale v Win User

    Game Transcription

    I tried thanks for your help
  5. Niko1664 Win User

    Game Transcription

    Hi Fatale !

    On Xbox One

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Game transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text on.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech on. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
    4. To have games read aloud certain words that appear on the screen, select Let games read to me.
    On Windows 10

    1. Open the Xbox app and go to Settings > General > Game chat transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text on.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech on.
    4. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
  6. gds1972 Win User

    Game Transcription?

    Hi

    The FAQ section makes me think support for this feature has to be implemented by the game developer before the console can use this feature and it is also only listing two games as being supported by this feature.

    FAQ

    What games are supported?

    Game chat transcription is available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs for the following games:

Thema:

game transcription

Loading...
  1. game transcription - Similar Threads - game transcription

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...