Game Transcription?

Discus and support Game Transcription? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to use Game Transcription but I do not even see the option. Is this still a setting that the Xbox One supports? Turn on game transcription... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VastoHorde, Mar 19, 2018.

  1. VastoHorde
    VastoHorde Guest

    Game Transcription?


    I am trying to use Game Transcription but I do not even see the option. Is this still a setting that the Xbox One supports?

    Turn on game transcription

    On Xbox One

    1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Ease of Access >
      Game transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the
      Text-to-speech voice menu.
    4. To have games read aloud certain words that appear on the screen, select Let games read to me.

    :)
     
    VastoHorde, Mar 19, 2018
    #1
  2. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    New Games

    Uncharted 4 and No Mans Sky
     
    King Tones, Mar 19, 2018
    #2
  3. iwb100
    iwb100 Guest
    New Games

    If you like shooters, try Halo 5. Star Wars Battlefront. Or plants vs zombies garden warfare 2.
     
    iwb100, Mar 19, 2018
    #3
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

    Game Transcription?

    Hi

    The FAQ section makes me think support for this feature has to be implemented by the game developer before the console can use this feature and it is also only listing two games as being supported by this feature.

    FAQ

    What games are supported?

    Game chat transcription is available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs for the following games:

     
    gds1972, Mar 19, 2018
    #4
  5. VastoHorde
    VastoHorde Guest
    So I have to launch a supported game first before the option will even appear in the Xbox One settings?
     
    VastoHorde, Mar 19, 2018
    #5
  6. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    I have just checked on my console and the availability of this feature is based on the location the console has been set to.

    My console is set as in the United Kingdom and this feature is not available however when I changed my console location to the United States this feature is then available to me to try to see if the UK can get this feature I would encourage you to use the
    Xbox Uservoice website to post the suggestion to see if feature can be made available in other locations.

    Please note I do not advise you to change your console location to get access to this feature as this may then cause you other issues.
     
    gds1972, Mar 19, 2018
    #6
  7. VastoHorde
    VastoHorde Guest
    Ok, that answers my question. Thanks a lot!
     
    VastoHorde, Nov 1, 2018
    #7
  8. gds1972 Win User

    Game Transcription?

    I have just checked on my console and the availability of this feature is based on the location the console has been set to.

    My console is set as in the United Kingdom and this feature is not available however when I changed my console location to the United States this feature is then available to me to try to see if the UK can get this feature I would encourage you to use the
    Xbox Uservoice website to post the suggestion to see if feature can be made available in other locations.

    Please note I do not advise you to change your console location to get access to this feature as this may then cause you other issues.
  9. F U I D C Win User

    Game Transcription

  10. v Fatale v Win User

    Game Transcription

    I tried thanks for your help
  11. Niko1664 Win User

    Game Transcription

    Hi Fatale !

    On Xbox One

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Game transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text on.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech on. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
    4. To have games read aloud certain words that appear on the screen, select Let games read to me.
    On Windows 10

    1. Open the Xbox app and go to Settings > General > Game chat transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text on.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech on.
    4. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
  12. gds1972 Win User

    Game Transcription?

    Hi

    The FAQ section makes me think support for this feature has to be implemented by the game developer before the console can use this feature and it is also only listing two games as being supported by this feature.

    FAQ

    What games are supported?

    Game chat transcription is available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs for the following games:

Thema:

Game Transcription?

Loading...
  1. Game Transcription? - Similar Threads - Game Transcription

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  4. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  5. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  6. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  7. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  8. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  9. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  10. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...