Game took too long to start error code 0x8027025a

Discus and support Game took too long to start error code 0x8027025a in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried all of the troubleshooting guide. I have offline updated the os. Completely restarted, hard restart, clear cache, reset console saving... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MatthewSchillawski, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Game took too long to start error code 0x8027025a

I have tried all of the troubleshooting guide. I have offline updated the os. Completely restarted, hard restart, clear cache, reset console saving games, and cleared alt mac address, cleared persistent memory and the latest is completely restoring factory
    defaults and resetting the whole machine and re downloading all of my games. I still can only play one gamepass game final fantasy 7. every other game I have fails to load. I have been trying for 3 days. but it seems nothing seems to work. My system is
    an Xbox one x it is less than 2 years old and I take care of it. I've tried pretty much everything to fix this and nothing seems to work. What's wrong with my Xbox? This is a completely new issue that I have never had before and just recently started.
    Did you guys do an update that wasn't well put together? Did you lay a bug into your code to the update because from what I can tell there is nothing wrong with the machine, just your software updates...........

:)

MatthewSchillawski, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Yardie Noh Win User

Crippling system/OS problems

To add some light on this, my console sometimes gives me an error "Guide took too long to start: Error code 0x8027025a"
  3. FR Damage13 Win User

Xbox one tv stopped working.

agreed, with error that says "For some reason TV took too long to start. (0x8027025a)"
  4. spectac65 Win User

Games not loading

I got error code 0x8027025a on a digital game once saying that the game took too long to load. But I have tried physical and digital games.
  5. Apharmd Battler Win User

Halo 5: Guardians – Spartan Recruit REQ Pack purchased but not downloading to XBox One console

Now my digital copy of Hal0 5 is not loading, I'm getting dumoed bck to the desktop/home screen. Error code 0x8027025a. "Hlo 5 for ome reason took too long to start"
  6. SizweJetson Win User

Error: "Game took too long to start (0x8027025a)"

Hello,

So last night I was frantically going through the internet trying to find the answer this problem I also started having. I bought Mortal Kombat 11 from Microsoft store and it was not playing at all so I got frustrated coz I thought I wasted money. I got
    zero help from all the posts I read on support communities until I tried figuring out why some games play and why some do not. This was after I had tried everything on the internet.

It seems like (if not fixed by restarting and clearing cache) the error can be cause by a faulty HDD. I have been using an external HDD on my xbox for a while now. I noticed that all games installed on the external storage are not starting and the download
    speed at Microsoft store to external storage is also ridiculously slow even though I have good connection. I moved the apps that no longer wanted to start to internal storage and they launched properly now. Also note that while the xbox is busy moving and
    installing items it might refuse to start any app at all so try waiting for items in queue to finish processing before starting anything.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Game took too long to start error code 0x8027025a

1. Game took too long to start error code 0x8027025a - Similar Threads - Game took too

2. Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?: How do I resolve the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error? I've tried the check for posted outages and the hard restart. Still get the same message when trying...
  3. Game or app took too long to start

in XboX Insiders
    Game or app took too long to start: I have a problem where everyday everything on my xbox “takes too long to start” and it stays that way until I restart the whole console. After that I am good for the day but the next day it...
  4. Game took too long to start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game took too long to start: Hi Can anyone help with a problem my son's xbox s has developed. Most games bring up an error message that "for some reason the game took too long to start" We have tried all the standard fixes...
  5. I just bought left 4 dead too I took the game back and got another one and it is still not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought left 4 dead too I took the game back and got another one and it is still not...: I just bought left 4 dead too I took the game back and got another one and it is still not reading and my Cold War works fine So i know it not my xbox and it says it say backwardcompatible...
  6. Whenever I run a game it says “For some reason it took too long to start.(0x80070079)”

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I run a game it says “For some reason it took too long to start.(0x80070079)”: I cannot open any games and I don’t know what to do submitted by /u/myteamer [link] [comments]
  7. this message along with “app/game took too long to load “ I’ve hard restarted, uninstalled...

in XboX Insiders
    this message along with “app/game took too long to load “ I’ve hard restarted, uninstalled...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Hovena [link] [comments]
  8. Error: "Game took too long to start (0x8027025a)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Game took too long to start (0x8027025a)": Hello all! I am currently waging some serious digital warfare on this error to where any game that I attempt to launch prompts me with "For some reason 'X' took too long to start.(0x8027025a)."...
  9. App/Game took too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App/Game took too long to start: Recently, I've been getting this message from my Xbox, last week, it was too damn slow I couldn't even open settings without getting this error. After that, I've tried several times the hard...
  10. Game took too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game took too long to start: Got an Xbox one today, installed gears of war 1 from the code I got given with my gears of war 4 and it doesn't start. just comes up with "game took too long to start". looked online and it looks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app took too long to start