Game streaming to Windows 10 stutters - but only for Destiny 2

Discus and support Game streaming to Windows 10 stutters - but only for Destiny 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to stream Destiny 2 from my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC (through the Xbox app). Gigabit Ethernet connection on both devices. The Xbox UI,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kyle_N, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Kyle_N
    Kyle_N Guest

I'm trying to stream Destiny 2 from my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC (through the Xbox app). Gigabit Ethernet connection on both devices.

The Xbox UI, apps, and other games all stream without any latency or issues (with streaming quality at Very High).

But as soon as I launch Destiny 2, I get major stuttering and "Network Quality problems". The Director works fine for whatever reason, but the login screen and the actual game are unusable. Video, audio, and input are all stuttering.

All of the troubleshooting info I've seen has to do with wireless connections. Wireless is disabled on both the Xbox and the PC, it's just gigabit Ethernet.

Nothing's running in the background on my PC except the normal Windows background processes (every single process in Task Manager is a built-in Windows process).

PC is a custom-built desktop. Intel Core i7-6700k, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, 16GB DDR memory, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming system board with Intel Ethernet, SanDisk 512GB PCIe SSD. Xbox Elite controller connected to PC via Xbox Wireless adapter. Windows 10 version
    1703 (creator's update).

Xbox One is on Insider Alpha - OS version 10.0.16281.1000 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170831-1900). If this message should be posted to an Insider forum instead, do I need a mod to move it there?

Tried both Xbox app 31.32.11001.00000 and Xbox Beta app 31.31.31001.00000 (not sure why release app is higher than beta app).

:)

Kyle_N, Sep 8, 2017
  2. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest
    Streaming Xbox to Windows 10 Broken

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause Xbox app game streaming not to work properly. Here are 2 methods on how to troubleshoot Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10:

1. Here is a
    link
    on how to troubleshoot Xbox app game streaming issues.

2. Here is a
    link
    on improving Xbox app for Windows 10 game streaming performance.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Sep 8, 2017
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    XBOX 360 and Game Streaming

Are you trying to stream a game from Xbox 360 to Windows 10? That's not supported - the media center of old was for streaming videos and songs.

There is a way to stream Xbox 360 games to Windows 10, but it involved using an Xbox One and playing the backwards compatible Xbox 360 on the Xbox 360, then streaming the Xbox One to Windows 10.

maxen, Sep 8, 2017
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

This is an in game issue at the moment. Because the game is so graphically intensive (especially when doing missions or public events) the system slows down and has trouble compensating. This happens when on the console as well regardless of whether you're
    streaming or not.

The best idea here is to keep an eye on bungie for updates.

onyxishere, Sep 9, 2017
  5. Kyle_N
    Kyle_N Guest
    I tried streaming to a different device, a tablet with an Intel Core m7, Wireless N network. Oddly, this one is usable on all streaming levels except Very High (and even then, it doesn't stutter nearly as much as my desktop PC).

Then I tried a laptop with an Intel Core i7, Nvidia Quadro graphics, Wireless N network. Also works fine, but only up to Medium (again, not too bad at higher levels, but less than ideal for gaming). I plugged in an Ethernet cable
    to the laptop, and on all levels, it was unusable, just like my desktop.

Ironically, the worse scenarios work better, while the best scenario is totally unusable. Is there any different compression or anything that would cause this?

I thought it might be the game at first too, especially since it's worse in-game compared to the menus, but this just seems very weird.

Kyle_N, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Kyle_N Win User

I tried streaming to a different device, a tablet with an Intel Core m7, Wireless N network. Oddly, this one is usable on all streaming levels except Very High (and even then, it doesn't stutter nearly as much as my desktop PC).

Then I tried a laptop with an Intel Core i7, Nvidia Quadro graphics, Wireless N network. Also works fine, but only up to Medium (again, not too bad at higher levels, but less than ideal for gaming). I plugged in an Ethernet cable
    to the laptop, and on all levels, it was unusable, just like my desktop.

Ironically, the worse scenarios work better, while the best scenario is totally unusable. Is there any different compression or anything that would cause this?

I thought it might be the game at first too, especially since it's worse in-game compared to the menus, but this just seems very weird.
  7. onyxishere Win User

This is an in game issue at the moment. Because the game is so graphically intensive (especially when doing missions or public events) the system slows down and has trouble compensating. This happens when on the console as well regardless of whether you're
    streaming or not.

The best idea here is to keep an eye on bungie for updates.
  8. NickD54 Win User

Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV

Ok also what would cause Hdr stutter problems? I notice this in destiny 2. Getting occasional micro stutters but only with HDR enabled. Seems to be the only game I noticed it in this far.
  9. ngocphi Win User

I gifted dlc for the wrong platform.

Destiny

I'm sorry to hear that you gifted the wrong platform for the Destiny Legacy Collection DLC. Unfortunately destiny 2 canr.be bought on pc via xbox games for Windows 10

You can only buy it via battlenet or steam for pc aa mentioned in the link above

You would have to refund on the platform you gifted on

You can only gift the console version on the xbox network
  10. REN AERO Win User

Can't stream Xbox to windows 10 pc.

Thema:

1. Game streaming to Windows 10 stutters - but only for Destiny 2 - Similar Threads - Game streaming Windows

2. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?: I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down and I cant do anything on internet untill I...
  3. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  5. Create an Xbox Stick. HDMI stick to stream Game and Xbox Games

in XboX Insiders
    Create an Xbox Stick. HDMI stick to stream Game and Xbox Games: This is a suggestion to create HDMI streaming device but for Xbox Services, Gamepass, Movies, Streaming services, even PC game Streaming. This can me a low price device for new gamers and enhance...
  6. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  7. how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?: Whenever i stream i cant hear my game or party audio on my stream and ive tried everything that youtube and tiktok have said and it still doesnt work 499206f1-f0bc-4723-b6c6-c848154e8d30
  8. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  9. When I stream there's no game audio.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I stream there's no game audio.: I've been streaming from my Xbox Series X for my friend to watch me play Grand Theft Auto 4 and I've been streaming it through Twitch. Although for some reason when I stream there's no audio from...
  10. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a